Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

My band was too tight when I came out of surgery. UGH!!!

I lost 15# in 8 days, from dehydration. There was nothing that could be done, since there was nothing in my band. I just had to tough it out.

That was almost 6 months ago. I have had 3 small fills & 1 un-fill since.

I now have, like, 1.4 in a 4cc band. & can barely eat anything. But, my weight loss has stopped. I too, am sick of the questions. My neice had by-pass a week after I was banded. She has lost over 80#. I have lost maybe 35#. So, I hear it all. I do Water arobics 3 days a week. I started another, "body sculping class", today. The first thing the trainer said to me, in front of everyone, was,"you need to go on a diet." I wanted to slap her. If she had any idea what kind of hell I have been through, just to loose 35#, she would have been ashamed of herself.

I can't eat any less & I can't exersize any more. I have to ask myself, "Is this really worth it?" Being sick & in pain everyday might be worth it , if I was loosing weight, but, Im not.....so, I don't know.....:)

I could really use some encouragement.:help:

Judyfay62

I started another, "body sculping class", today. The first thing the trainer said to me, in front of everyone, was,"you need to go on a diet." I wanted to slap her. If she had any idea what kind of hell I have been through, just to loose 35#, she would have been ashamed of herself.

God, what a bitch. It astounds me how ignorant and clueless people can be.

I would have said "I've already lost 35#, thank you very much. Now maybe you could tell me where I can get a crowbar to help you remove your foot from you mouth?"

If you can barely eat anything, do you think you need to have a little bit more taken out?

That was so rude of her to say that. She needs to have a lesson

in manners.

Wow! Guess I might need anger management classes,I was thinking hmmmmm wonder if slapping her silly would be body sculpting for the upper arms? LOL just kidding (maybe).Seriously I would have said really? I need a diet like you need manners and common sense so get a clue.But you were the better person so keep on being you and keep up the good job you are doing.

I don't have much restriction & I am having problems with the same binge eating behavior that got me here. Any suggestions on overcoming that behavior of overeating.

Yes, I think you should get a fill. Since my last fill, I never think about eating. I am always feeling too full.

Mis42 I understand your upset but binge eating is an issue that needs a professional. Do yourself a favor by going to counseling and work the binge eating out with someone who is professional. I have had issues such as yours and did this. I went to counseling one year after my banding and became ok with my no weight loss always knowing that someday it would all come together for me. This year it worked. I bet you will not have to go that long. But be brave and go forward.

I am trying to find a new board to call my home...I was banded about a year and a half ago and did really well for the first year then nothing....I have been fighting the same 5 lbs since around May and dont know what to do...I did go in and had a small fill but it still dont feel like it made a difference...I am really trying but seem to be falling back into some old habits since there has been no change for a while...I was hoping in the beginning that my body was just taking a break but how long does it want to hide in the closet?? I am just depressed over it all and dont know what to do...The looks from family members and coworkers when they find out that I am still having a hard time losing weight even after the band just seem to go thru me and cut into my soul...Anyone know what I mean?

Avilla, I know what you mean. The band takes time to lose with. I've been stuck for a while now too. I am 16 months post op and down 65 lbs only. From what I read on your post it sounds like you may need another fill. Good luck.

thanks, i kinda thought about that too then i got to thinking that i havent lost any weight since my last fill on August 31st and i hate to go back to the dr for another fill without a loss...i guess i just feel like he would just look at me like i was a crazy loser...

although in the 1st month of being banded, i lost 30lbs but now my weight loss has totally slowed down. it slowed down to a pound a week, which is acceptable but now its like a pound a month!!!:Banane30:

i am spinning 3 days a week, since august and starting tomorrow i am going to do tae bo and the firm on days that i am not spinning. i do know that i will graze when i'm not even hungry! i have been actually full but still want to put something in my mouth! i dont get that. whats that all about? they say you have to figure out why you're eating. well i know that its out of boredom!:bored so now what do i do since i identified that?? i have been totally stuffed and hurting but STILL put something in my mouth

I don't have much restriction & I am having problems with the same binge eating behavior that got me here. Any suggestions on overcoming that behavior of overeating.

Mis42

Go get a fill and if you can't get one right away

#1 Don't buy the junk that you binge on - if it's not in the house you can't eat it. If it's regular food that you cook for meals - cook only single servings this way you can't get 2nds.

#2 Log/Diary/Track all food that enters your mouth

#3 Exercise daily

#4 Do some mental soul searching - read books on being overweight and how to over come the addiction. (self help books)

#5 Go back to the day you were banded - remember that motivation.

#6 Look at the before & after pictures -

#7 Go to the at Goal Thread read those post for motivation

#8 Make healthy food choices - weigh & measure your food.

#9 Join WW, Tops, Over-Eaters - consider seeing a professional

You can do this - - imho the band only does 25% of the work (once you have restriction) and the other 75% is up to you.

I am awaiting my 2nd fill - right now i am STARVING - have 45 minutes to lunch - I don't have much restriction I am working harder than the band - I am making good food choices - low fat - sugar free - i exercise daily - I am working - I don't buy junk - if i am hunger i eat extra veggies w/o all the butter... I don't keep temptation around me and i avoid it at all cost...

Only you can make the choices in your life, we can't but if you want to eat - find a distraction- get on the computer - come here ask for help

that's what i do. Get up go for a walk - go clean your bathroom - do anything you can to stop your mind from thinking about food.

Good Luck...