Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

I was banded last July (July 24 to be exact). As of today, I've lost 45 pounds. I hang onto a weight for about three weeks, then lose two pounds. I seem to be slow, but.. I'm not tremondously vigilant about what I eat. I eat well 85-95% of the time. I exercise about 4-6 times a week (half hour circut training). I'm loosing slowly, but I'm still loosing, and my quality of life hasn't changed.. except for the fact it has GREATLY improved.

I have always lost slowly, and sometimes not at all. I sometimes get blue when I compare myself to others, but then I get out of it by remembering I am a unique and special individual and since I didn't get fat in one year, how can I expect to get skinny in that time.

I'm healthy, hearty and happy!

Even if I never lose another pound(knock wood that won't happen), I would have never lost this amount without the help of the band.

Good luck to all.....

Hey we are all losing. Don't get discouraged. We will get to our sweet spot and it will work if we make it work. We can't just sit and wait. We still have to make ab effort. I'm saying this to myself, by the way.

It is so maddening to do everything we are supposed to and

not lose as well as other people.

I totally agree though. Without the band, I would have gained

weight, and been even heavier by now.

I hate to say it,but I like it when we get more bandsters in this thread. It makes me feel like I am not the only one that's trying so hard, and having

it go so slowly. I am the same way. I go on a very long plateau,

and then I will drop a few lbs. I wish I was losing steadily, but at least I am losing, not gaining.

Ok I'm just back from my 3 fill and I only lost 4.2 lbs last month. I have a grand total of 28 lbs since Iwas banded March 20th. I use to lose faster than that when I was on weight watchers. I know this is to be slow, but come on. I know I'm eating a lot less then before the band. I know I could have gained 28lbs in this time, but its so discouraging when I read what other have lost. I almost to the point of not reading what some of the people write on the other threads.

You can do weight watchers with the band. A lot of people have

great success with it. I have never been able to figure out

how to count those points.

I agree with you. I should be losing weight regularly with the

way my portions have changed. My main concern right now

is making sure I get enough Protein in. I am so tired of my

hair falling out. I don't know how we are supposed to get the

right amount of Protein that we are supposed to have when are

portions have gone down dramatically.

You can do weight watchers with the band. A lot of people have

great success with it. I have never been able to figure out

how to count those points.

I agree with you. I should be losing weight regularly with the

way my portions have changed. My main concern right now

is making sure I get enough Protein in. I am so tired of my

hair falling out. I don't know how we are supposed to get the

right amount of Protein that we are supposed to have when are

portions have gone down dramatically.

Try Isopure liquid Protein. It has 40 grams of protein per bottle. Or add a scoop of Protein powder to your dairy.

Hi! I am getting banded on Aug. 7 and I usually have very slow results with all that I have done. Is there any special tactic that you guys have used that have sped things up? I noticed some say that they eat Lean Cuisine, are you able to eat it all? How full do you get from one? What all do you guys do for exercise?

Bummed

I am new to this forum and a recent bandster. I am so discouraged. I was banded 5/24/07 and have only lost 8 lbs and that was in the first 2 weeks. I stuck with the liquid diet and was so hungry!

Now I can eat food and I still don't feel full very often. I have stopped eating anything after 6 pm at night in hopes that it will jolt the weight loss.... but I am hungry.

Please someone tell me that once I have my first fill I will start to loose weight and quit being so hungry all the time.

PS... I can't exercise much due to a severe back injury. I had major back surgery 4/32/07 and am still struggling trying to keep up with daily life (singe mom with kids, dishes, laundry, etc.) as well as work a full time job.

PS... I can't exercise much due to a severe back injury. I had major back surgery 4/32/07 and am still struggling trying to keep up with daily life (singe mom with kids, dishes, laundry, etc.) well as work a full time job.

I was banded on 3-20-07 I have had three fill for a total of 2 cc in my 4 cc band and I still can eat quite a bit. I have lost only 28 lbs, yes I'm disappointed. On the other had I could of gained 28 lbs in the same time peroid.

I have lost the most while I'm on the post fill diet. That is I'm on clear liquid for 24 hours and liquid for 24 hours and the back to regular food. I think that I'm not making really good choices on the food front. I don't excersize like I should, I have a bad knees and a bad hip. I try to walk a few times a week even if its only for a few minutes. I also use fitday.com to track my food intake. I get way to much fat and carbs.

Keep up the faith, you will lose but it might be really really slow.

Carol

Carol, 30 lbs in 3 months is not slow. What were you expecting you should have lost by now? If you keep up that average, you'll have lost 120 lbs in a year! 1 to 2 lbs per week is the most healthy, expected weight loss. That's 4 to 8 lbs per month, 52 to 104 lbs per year.

Marimaru, Your picture looks so cute! You have lost so much weight from that first picture!

Photogirl, It takes several fills but then you won't be hungry. I was very discouraged until I got my 3rd fill which is 2.5 in the 4cc band. There are days I just don't feel like eating dinner so I just have a Protein Shake. I am not nearly as hungry as I was before this 3rd fill. I was getting really discouraged. A lot of people that can't exercise do Water aerobics. Is that a possibilty for you?

bummed, I haven't tried eating a lean cusine since I had my 3rd fill. I would imagine that I would be able to eat most of the meat, and a little bit of the veggies.

I go to the gym and use all the cardio equipment. I am sure that I would lose nothing at all if I didn't exercise. That's just me though. I have a very slow metabolism. It stinks!

Denise--I have a metabolism of the slowest turtle known to man!! I know this and am prepared to do what is needed when I get the band to work the best possible. ANY hints that will help me mentally prepare for this would be appreciated!! I am so excited!! :P