Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow bandsters,

I was banded on 7/16 and I am wondering how everyone's progress has been.

My surgery went really well. My only complaint was the severe gas pains but after the 5th day it subsided tremendously. I do have slight discomfort around my port but I know that is to be expected.

Currently, I am still on full liquids and I am sooo hungry. I do understand the reason for the transitional diets so I intend on sticking with it.

Enough about me...how are you doing? Are you excercising? How much have you lost so far? Are you happy you went through with the surgery?

Keep positive people in your circle and you will reach your goals!!!:smile2:

I was banded on 7?16 as well and so far I am doing GREAT!.

I struggled a lot with gas and the swelling causing me to not really consume many liquids. I'm now on full liquids for the next ten days before going on to mushies.

I lost 11 lbs on the pre-op diet and then another almost 20 lbs in the first few days after surgery. I didn't notice any loss over the weekend, but am happy that I can finally get my 64 oz in.

Nice meeting you...

Komika

Close.. I was banded on 7/20. I am doing great as well. I can already see a difference in myself physically and mentally. I am still on full liquids. Pretty much living on Soup and protien shakes. Some days I feel really hungy, and others fine. I still feel I am "getting to know" my body again. Overall I am really happy I was banded:)

I had my post-op appt today and since the 16th I have lost 11 pounds. I actually feel good - on day seven I started mushies. Cottage cheese - Yogurt - Scrambled eggs - I feel great - I am doing a Protein shot in the morning and then eat a couple of times a day.

I am not really hungry - but my mouth wants a different taste. I need variety. Today I looked up at 6 pm and realized I had forgotten to eat since noon (not good).

I am still sore at my port site whe I sit in one position too long. Took the kids to the mall today for a little over an hour and felt okay - there are days when I have definitely pushed my self too far. I am scheduled for an adjustment on the 17th, but right now I feel great.

My kid is in the kitchen baking a cake and although I was dying to lick the spoon with the batter - I didn't. I have been through too much to get here. I put a pair of pants on that haven't fit me for two years now - so I am motivated!

I wish you all the luck - ask your doctor if you can move on. Each person is different.:smile2:

Hi - I was banded on 7-16, this is the first time I have ever done any kind of online talk stuff - but I know I need the support. I have lost aprox 16lbs, went to the gym today and was on the treadmill for 20min (I was elated) I am taking it easy. I am on the mush diet and feel better each day! I have no regrets...

Edited by alott0613
spelling error

I am soooo glad everyone is doing so well. If you don't have a support system or just need to talk to someone who is going through the same life change I am here.

I went for my post op follow up and my Dr. was so proud of me. I'm down 16lbs and my one incision has healed very well. He instructed me to stay away from stomache excercises for now but walking on the treadmill (which I had already begun) is the best excercise. My goal is to do 30 min a day on the treadmill. :thumbup:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I was banded on the 16th. i feel great but i am a little hungry. my doctor wanted me on liquids for 2 weeks so tomorrow i will be able to eat mushies. i cannot wait. i really did not have any problems other than having to see people eat in front of me like at a wedding or in the car and plus i work for schwan so that cant be good. i just cant wait until my goal weight it is so far away but very reachable with the band. good job ladies i am here with you.

I was banded on July 13. You all have lost more than I have. I have lost 15lbs. But I was only on liquids for one week. I think I lost more on liquids. Now I mostly eat Egg Beaters and Applesauce and sometimes FF pudding. I am walking everyother day.

Hey all,

Glad to hear you all are doing well! :biggrin: Had my post op visit today. I'm healing well and have lost about 7 pounds since surgery on 7/20 (total of 22 since starting pre-op liquid diet). I will be going for a fill in 3 weeks. Wow, time flies! Still feeling good, yay:)

Melissa

I was banded 7/16. Im glad there are many others out there than i can talk to about progress especially since we were banded on the same day.

I had my post op appt on Monday. and since surgery have lost 20.2 lbs. I was extatic.

Mainly living off applesauce...cottage cheese and mashed potatoes. Oh and babyfood fruit haha. (some of it IS ok haha and note.. just OK)

My doctor said next monday i should be able to move to thin shaved deli meats and such. so im excited about that and that im healing real good.

Exercise wise... ive either been walking or riding my eliptical. Been told to take it easy for just a while longer.

Making sure to get in my Protein shakes and Water.

hope all is well with all of you! :juggle:

I was also banded on 7/16. I've lost 22 lbs and couldn't be happier. :lol: Just hope the rest comes off this quick. The only problem I've had is the gas pain for a couple of days after surgery but it finally went away. I'm on mushies for now and can't wait to get to chew some real food...lol. Gonna stick with the program though. I don't want to mess things up. I try to walk at least twice a day. Thats all my doctor wants me doing for a couple more weeks.

Everyone keep up the good work!!:juggle:

I was told to only do moderate walking until day 21 post-op. I haven't done any real exercise to date and have still lost 21 lbs since my surgery. I think that I am going to start some very low impact aerobics for some cardio though (no ab work) this weekend.

I was banded on 7/15 and have started "mushies". Does anyone have any ideas on healthy mushies that I could eat? Just a little unsure of exactly what "mushies" is supposed to be?

Thanks.

I was banded on 7/15 and lost 16 lbs during the first week. As with other folks, when I started eating "mushies" the loss slowed down pretty quickly. Lost 2.6 for a total of 18.6 in 2 weeks. Still happy with this. I'm definitely feeling less restricted and need to work hard and show some good will power until I get my first fill Aug. 28th. Eating slow and drinking a bunch of Water in between has helped. For mushies, I usually do egg beaters, maybe some mashed potatoes, refried Beans are pretty good as well. Green beans are good if you cook them long enough. Our program coordinator swaid you don't need to puree things as long as you are chewing them long enough. Use your teeth as a built in food processor.