Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 21st Bandsters

I'm home,,, yea. Had my surger Tuesday and had to have overnight stay. All went well, I am so happy about that. No complications at all. I was dreading the awful gas that I've read about so much. Fortunately, I haven't had any. I've exerpienced the stomach growlings and tumbling. I've had no nausea. I had my first Protein Shake at lunch, and it all went down well. My surgeon put in 3ccs. I was surprised, I didn't expect any filling while first placed. So I'm anxious in the next few days to see what happens. I can'[t wait to watch the scale go down. Only disappointment I've had, was weighing when I got home. The scale went up about 8 pounds. Now that has to be due to swelling, and the IV"s because I"ve sure not had anything to eat. I just have to be patient, which is a challenge for me. I'm a scale aholic...I've got to work on that. Hopfully all the 21st people will tell me about their day.

Greetings!

I was also banded Tuesday the 21st. After researching this surgery for 5 years before deciding to do it, and lurking in the chat rooms for the past year, I had no idea I was going to have this many questions about things! I guess it really is different once you actually do it!

My surgery went well, but I'm so paranoid about messing something up that I've mostly just stayed in bed and not had more than Water and Jello since tuesday! i did hop on the scale yesterday and was quite disappointed to learn that I had GAINED a pound. Hopefully that was just some kind of sick cosmic joke though. lol. Have my first post-op appt Monday and will be sure to ask all the things I had no idea I needed to know...like band size and if there was a surgical fill or not and report back. =)

So, that's my story. Glad you posted this thread! Congrats on your band and hope to hear more from you as time goes on. This is a really cool website and I think it will make all of our lives easier as we go through this. My friends, family and co-workers have been amazing, but can only do so much as they haven't been here themselves, so it's great to be able to chat with folks who have.

hi! i'm also july 21st...feeling great so far, just veryy dizzzzyy! i am the same on the scale as i was the day of surgery, which of course sucks b/c we are only on clear liquids! :thumbup:

Hi Ladies!

I was also banded on 7/21 and the biggest issue I had was after we left the surgical center (same day), we drove about 2 blocks and my husband had to pull over so I could throw up. It was the worst thing - pure bile. The next day, when the surgical RN called to check up on me, he said it was because the surgeon took my gallbladder out first and there was bile that drained back into my stomach.

Other than that it's been ok, some days better than others. Today I feel great! Been burping up a storm (which I haven't been able to do until now) and took a chance and got on the scale today. Down 10 lbs from surgery day! :lol: I couldn't believe it!! I'm on thicker liquids until 8/2, unless the Dr. tells me something different when I go in for follow up on 7/30.

Keep it up everyone and let's keep in touch and support one another. :smile2:

Oh yeah, I took my steri-strips out today and got queasy looking at my incisions, but that's probably because I'm a wimp and scared to death they are going to pop apart.

WOW Bunz!!! 10lbs! That's awesome! So excited for you! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

I just had my first follow-up today and am down 7. =)

hi ladies, i was banded by dr.ortiz in tj on the 21st! i was also terrified of the gas i heard about...but thank goodness, none! :smile2: i feel great so far...but very dizzy, as i said earlier.

dr.ortiz was more strict than most, it seems. i just finished Clear Liquids today and can have a yogurt shake tomorrow! :lol: then i still have 2 more weeks of only protien shakes and Soup with no chunks! but i am down 6.5 lbs so far and i am still very swollen, so i can't complain! i'm back under 200 so i am very happy! i will NEVER be 200lbs again! :crying: AND...i just went online and used my last LANE BRYANT gift card ever! :( i splurged and bought myself a beautiful (sexy) outfit to wear when i reach size 14 (now size 20!). i'm very excited about this. i hateeee shopping at LB and i'm soo happy not to ever shop there again! :blushing: hope you are all feeling well!

July 21st here as well. down about 17lbs. I had no idea about the gas pain. I still have some. But it was the worst of the worst. The next is the hunger pains.

Hi All 7/21 bandsters. You all sound like you are doing just great. One week ago today. Incredible. The Protein Shakes are starting to make me gag, so I bought some Isopure Water 40 grams Protein. Not the greatest, but it's all worth it... Got on the scale this morning, I"m down 22 pounds. (Not from the 21st, I count from the 2 weeks low fat diet I had pre-surgery. I worked hard for those pounds)16 pounds pre surgery, 6 pounds post. This morning I treated myself to a haircut, highlights, and new style. Felt so gooood.... PS.... I screwed up my ticker---somehow I just cant change the weight. So I cant update it. I'm computer intolerant. Talk later. I'm so glad everyone is doing well.