Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry, but there is absolutely NOTHING helpful or educational with arrogant and insulting replies from HH.

I can totally see how those who have had bands removed might feel uncomfortable posting here etc. but posting directly insulting comments isn't warranted anywhere. If anything it completely negates any type of actual facts he/she may be posting.

I agree with PP regarding posting information that is helpful, be it in support or against LBS. But to engage in this High School rhetoric and sling juvenile insults is just painful to read.

EVERYONE has different situations and things that work for them. And as long as you're happy with whatever WLS you choose..GREAT! And PLEASE share your experience and advice. But PLEASE don't try to justify someones ignorance and arrogance, it only groups you into that sad category as well.

Well this is a lap band forum so of course there will be more people in favor of lap band than any other procedure but when the wrong information is put out there about let's say RNY or Sleeve then the bad information should be corrected and that corrected information would certainly benefit people who are looking to decide on a particular weight loss surgery, just imho. Nancy.

Sorry, but there is absolutely NOTHING helpful or educational with arrogant and insulting replies from HH.

I can totally see how those who have had bands removed might feel uncomfortable posting here etc. but posting directly insulting comments isn't warranted anywhere. If anything it completely negates any type of actual facts he/she may be posting.

I agree with PP regarding posting information that is helpful, be it in support or against LBS. But to engage in this High School rhetoric and sling juvenile insults is just painful to read.

EVERYONE has different situations and things that work for them. And as long as you're happy with whatever WLS you choose..GREAT! And PLEASE share your experience and advice. But PLEASE don't try to justify someones ignorance and arrogance, it only groups you into that sad category as well.

Well, there is nothing helpful about all the wrong information that was posted. When someone who doesn't know their head from their elbow is insisting she is right about a procedure she does not have and knows nothing about is insisting and demanding she is right, what is a person to do? She didn't just write it once, even after she was corrected she kept stomping those feeties demanding she was right and she wasn't.

HH had the correct info. Period.

Hi everyone, yes i read this forum almost everyday, its been overwelming of the responses here on all subject. I understand that some folks have had bad experiences with either surgery and i feel sorry for that, but i did not post this thread to start arguements, i read all you responses and i am glad to say i have decided to have the lap band. In my life right now there is so much going on i feel this is right for me, i have started my 2 week pre-opt diet and in 4 days i have lost 9 lbs, which is good for me, i honestly think i can do this with the band, again, i am sorry to those who were attacked here and please dont stop your replys on this or any thread because of some misfortunes, it is beacuse of all the replys it helped me make a decision(along with my family and doctor) so any ways thank you all,

Sabertooth. congratulations on making the decision on what was best for you. good luck on your surgery and keep us all posted with your progress.

and good luck with your pre-op diet. it sucks but its totally necessary. hang in there

Sabertooth,

I am totally against the bypass surgery for the obvious risks associated with it. You really need to make your own decision by researching, comparing the pros and cons and your level of commitment. The band is only a tool to help you to eat less. You will still have to work very hard to loose the weight. I know several people who have had bypass surgery and regret it. You are forever altered with bypass. There are many long term health hazards to be considered if you choose bypass.

I choose the band because I felt that it was less invasive then bypass and the health risks were minimal by comparison to that of the bypass. With bypass you will loose your weight faster but you may also suffer from malnutrition. Please, please, do your homework. Don't feel like you have to go through with the bypass unless it is what YOU want. I have absolutely no regrets about having lap band surgery. I still have a long way to go to make my goal but what I am learning about eating healthier and living with my band is really going to help me to maintain my goal weight.

Good luck to you!

I would recommend the sleeve over the band to someone who has had lifelong weight problems. It is a set and forget solution for people who respond to physical restriction and the reduction in the hunger hormone ghrelin.

The thought of a nasty port is quite off putting to me.

I also know of people who had very severe weight problems whose lives have been saved by RNY. But I don't think that Sabretooth falls into this category with a mere 75lbs to lose.

These are just my opinions on the limited facts that have been presented.

Congrats, sabertooth, on your decision for the lapband. I wish you the best of luck with your decision and a speedy recovery from surgery. I had such a hard time making the decision but once I did I have never looked back and it has been the best decision for me. I am at goal just one year later.

Its not about rubbing people the wrong way. Its about someone who THINKS they are a doctor and attempts to dispute everything someone else KNOWS to be fact. He skulks around the message boards TRYING to appear educated, when he does nothing more than give HIS experience as to what happened to him and discourage others from Lapband surgery because of his bad experience with it. A lot of the people here feel very vulnerable and sensitive about how they are feeling, unsure which route to go, and are loooking for someone to guide them.

He tries to make people feel inferior, thats what makes him feel superior. I feel sorry for him and anyone who thinks he does this board a service, they are obviously just like him.

We are here to support others, not "demean or dehumanize", but to encourage and support. But thats just me. Im a different person.:blink:

I fully agree about HH. Everything you write about him... on the money!

He rubs people the wrong way but he does so because he's right.

I heart HH.

Now... if he would just read he darn EMAIL! Grrrrrrr

I do think HH can be a little controversial, but let's be honest here, it takes 2 (or more sometimes) to let an argument escalate. It is unfair to blame one person. Sometimes I don't like hearing what HH or some of the others who had problems with Lapband have to say. It scares the hell out of me, makes me wonder if I made the right choice, makes me second guess everything about my surgery. I wonder if I should have gotten the sleeve, or RNY. I especially don't like hearing that Lapband isn't meant to be a long term thing. When I hear these things, and I start to second guess things, I feel defensive. I want to react, but I choose not to.

I can honestly say that sometimes I don't like what HH has to say, but he has also been supportive towards me even though I have Lapband.

And to the OP sorry to get off subject, and congrats on your decision!!!!!!!!

Its not about rubbing people the wrong way. Its about someone who THINKS they are a doctor and attempts to dispute everything someone else KNOWS to be fact. He skulks around the message boards TRYING to appear educated, when he does nothing more than give HIS experience as to what happened to him and discourage others from Lapband surgery because of his bad experience with it. A lot of the people here feel very vulnerable and sensitive about how they are feeling, unsure which route to go, and are loooking for someone to guide them.

He tries to make people feel inferior, thats what makes him feel superior. I feel sorry for him and anyone who thinks he does this board a service, they are obviously just like him.

We are here to support others, not "demean or dehumanize", but to encourage and support. But thats just me. Im a different person.:lol:

You may believe that what you are writing is fact but the reality is that what HH is writing is indeed fact.

I don't feel sorry for HH, I respect him.

I do think HH can be a little controversial, but let's be honest here, it takes 2 (or more sometimes) to let an argument escalate. It is unfair to blame one person. Sometimes I don't like hearing what HH or some of the others who had problems with Lapband have to say. It scares the hell out of me, makes me wonder if I made the right choice, makes me second guess everything about my surgery. I wonder if I should have gotten the sleeve, or RNY. I especially don't like hearing that Lapband isn't meant to be a long term thing. When I hear these things, and I start to second guess things, I feel defensive. I want to react, but I choose not to.

I can honestly say that sometimes I don't like what HH has to say, but he has also been supportive towards me even though I have Lapband.

And to the OP sorry to get off subject, and congrats on your decision!!!!!!!!

I totally understand what you are writing. I get it, 100%. But reality is what it is.

You are looking at this like a rational person.

Maybe the band will be the magic maker for you, it could well be! You have a band, embrace and enjoy it.