Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excited and scared

Guest Ms.Tiffany

Guest Ms.Tiffany

I am scheduled for banding October 10, 2005. I am excited about the procedure, however I am extremely scared of failing. Can anybody provide details following the surgery and the amount of weight loss within the first month?

Hi Tiffany, Welcome to LBT. I have been at this for 10 months and have lost almost 70lbs and I am STILL scared of failing! I don't know if it will ever go away. I just keep telling myself that "I CAN DO IT"!! It has not been easy and I still have to work hard at losing, but I think it is still the best thing that I have ever done for myself.I would do it again if I had to!

What details do you mean after surgery? Pain? I was not in a lot of pain at all! Went back to work (preschool teacher) in a week after surgery, could have gone back sooner but the school was closed for Thanksgiving. BUT everyone is different!!!!!!

As fo the amount of weight loss within the first month? Well I lost 11 lbs the 2 weeks of liquid diet before surgery and then about 9 lbs 2 weeks after.(still on liquid diet) Then started on the soft food stage. Not really sure amount of weight loss then.

again, EVERYONE is different! Some lose a lot and some are slower!

Where are you having your surgery done?

Welcome to Bandland. It's like Coyotogirl said we all scared that we will fail. I'm 6 weeks out I've lost 29lbs, and everyday I still worry whether I wil succeded at losing all the weight.

Ms Tiffany i understand completely about the fear of failing.. i think i was afraid that more than the selfsame operation!

i have done (like everybody) thousand diets, i had spend million to institutes to lose weight and the results were only GUILTIES for myself that i could not control my weight..

so when i did this operation i thought that maybe will be one more failed try...

so far i have lost 18 kgr. and day by day i feel that this time it will not happen again..

i guess is a psychological fermentation...

Good Luck on your surgery at 10 of Octomber!

i start to believe that even if you try hard to fail in this one you just can't :rolleyes:

lovz

Hi Tiffany.....welcome to LBT

Congrats on your surgery date

i hope you have a speedy recovery

Hi Tiffany I was only off work 1 week after my surgery and the pain those first few days is all worth it now to be banded and losing weight. I've lost 66 pounds in 7 months time. The first month of being banded I lost 14 pounds. every one of us is so different and some lose faster or slower than others. You can do this.Your band will give you that extra push you need to succeed. I now your worried right now and that is completely normal but you will not be sorry once your banded you will be glad you had it done. Good luck and best wishes for success with your weightloss!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches