Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MILK DUDS and vodka tonics

Can I ever have a milk dud again? Or is that a food that pulls your fillings out and may just pull your band out!

Are there any foods that are for sure a nono for life?

I know cokes are gone for over but what about tonic or club soda?

I LOVE how my father in law makes me vodka tonics. Do I have to have my last one for life on Saturday night when I see him?

I don't mind, I just need to know.

And is Saturday to close to the surgery date to have alcohol?

What about McD's?

I know cokes are gone for over but what about tonic or club soda?

I was told NO Carbonation EVER AGAIN by my Dr.

Club soda is carbonation right? Dont know about tonic , never had it

It's not wort the risk for me, my band is too important to me

P>S> I have eaten Milk Duds, just need to chew them real real good

Hi!

I am still pre banded, however I have read this boards like crazy these last few weeks. I have heard so many different views on soda. Most people cannot seem to handle it however some say if they let it set or shake it up and let some of the fizz out then its okay. As for McD's, everyone on here that has mentioned says no matter what their new stomachs do not handle McD's. If you look through the food posts there is one there on McDonalds. Myself, I love McDonalds but I think I will love my band much much more! :)

Good Luck on your journey!

I could do a Milk Dud chewed really well, I'll bet. I have an occasional sip of something carbonated but flat. I never order it, but if my DD has a sprite, well...but I try to avoid it.

I had a Margarita the night before my surgery, but it was before 10pm, and I was to have nothing after midnight. It was fine. But I didn't drink 20 of them :) I'm sure a drink Sat night would be fine. ??? Check with your doc, jsut in case, though. Anesthesia can be funny so you don't want to mess with it!

Here you go! Get all your questions in quick. And don't worry. Banded life is great!

hello

I am wondering about vodka myself. I drink screwdrivers I know I can't have the O.J. anymore but I was wondering about the vodka? I asked and some people said you just have to wait awhile and you probably will need alot less to get a buzz. I was banded on 9/15/05 and I go on a cruise on 10/09 would like to be able to maybe have at least one drink with my hubby , but if I can't then thats ok too ! I used to love to drink margarita's too ,but Im too chicken to try them !

I have had tequila/orange, margaritas and wine with no problems. Sometimes I will have a beer but I reduce the carbonation by either putting in tomato/clamato juice and/or ice. Sometimes the beer works, sometimes it don't. The big issue is alcohol minimizes weight loss so I limit it to 1-2 drinks per week.

thank you roadqueen ! i feel alot better now. im not a big drinker but every now & then will be nice. im not much into beer , but my husband loves that Tomato beer !

band date 09/15/2005

215/???/140

I asked my Dr about alcohol as well as I frequently attend social functions where alchohol is served, and lets be honest, sometimes after a rough day, ya just need a drink! :) Keep it to a minimum due to the liquid calories (it turns to sugar in your blood) and stick with Diet juices if you're mixing. Margaritas have a lot of sugar as well as other frozen concoctions - mudslides, daquiris, pina coladas, etc. My Dr said NO carbonation ever again, so I don't mix anything with club soda or any sodas. As for the screwdrivers, those are fine too, but again, OJ has sugars and calories which will slow your weight loss. I drink wine too (in small amounts) and red wine is actually good for your stomach and heart - again, occasionally and in small amounts. My drink of preference is a Cosmo (with diet cranberry) and everyone else says how they get buzzed faster post-band...but I haven't experienced that yet...maybe after a fill?

No need to worry about all the calories in those pesky mixers just order yourself a nice nice quality vodka on the rocks!!!!!!

I know I can't have the O.J. anymore

How cone no OJ anymore? I was never told that. I know it has alot of sugar but what is the reason you cant have it anymore

Raspberry Ice crystal light and vodka - the best almost 0 carbs!! Bandsters shouldn't have a problem with alcohol going to your head (unless it always has) because we are still conected to all of our intestines. RNY have trouble with it - just another reason to hang with the band!

How cone no OJ anymore? I was never told that. I know it has alot of sugar but what is the reason you cant have it anymore

Yeh, I never heard no OJ either...I'm presuming just cuz of sugar & calories? I still drink OJ, just not alot cuz of the sugar.

And Lynn, I'll have to try the raspberry CL that sounds yummy!

Thanks! I love getting all the feed back. I don't drink much, but on a cruise it is fun to have one or 2 or .......

I am glad someone started this post. I am not a big drinker but occassionally I do like to go out to a club with friends, do a little dancing and some drinking. If I had to give up alcohol completely then thats fine, its worth it, but if there are somethings I could have once in a great while then even better. I LOVE beer andd tomatoe juice! LOL But ya know what being healthy has got to taste way better than any beer or mixed drink! Sometimes its nice to let go as well! Thanks for all the tips guys!