Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction= Full or just lots of pb/sliming?

I was banded on April 7th and have had two fills. I'm now at 6.75 cc of a 10cc band and starting to have some problems with breads.

Have you completely sworn off breads?

Will I ever have that full feeling? I really don't feel full at all. liquids can seem to fill me up, but I'm following the rules and not drinking before, during, or after I eat.

How many of you still feel full a lot, but just have problems with bread? That stuck feeling alone makes me want to stop eating.

Any advice or experiences you have had would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrea

My nutritionist told me i'll probably want to stay away from bread unless it's toasted. She said breads are easily stuck, especially once i've gotten a fill. I'm one of those people I would rather not take a chance with eating bread and it getting stuck and/or vomiting.

I stay away from breads just for the simple fact they are not a good thing to eat unless its whole wheat. (carbs...etc) I have to be careful with breads and usually have to dip it in Soup our something and chew, chew, chew. for the full thing your asking about. Remember it take 15 mins after your pouch is full for your your brain to realize it. Stick with your portion size and stop and wait 15 mins. Always measure your food and stick with it. Your trying to get the phyical feeling of full instead of the mental. Remember before the band eating until your so full your uncomfortable. Maybe that's why all of us ended up getting a band in the first place. Hey something cool about having the band is I have not had that uncomfortable 'i over ate feeling'. Which I love. Good luck and try the 15 min thing. If you eating with someone just talk or something and before you know it food is really not even on your mind, which means your brain says your full...good luck

You're really looking for "not hungry" as opposed to full. Looking for "full" means you'll get tighter and tighter searching for a level of autocontrol that the band just is not meant to have. You are the driver, its not really how the band works. YOU have to make the choices, YOU have to stop eating, and the band will just stop you from being really starving hungry in the meantime.

Many people have to swear off bread as it just doesnt work well with many people's bands, I can eat it but have to be careful.

Sometimes i can eat bread and sometimes i cant. I dont feel full but I often forget to eat because I am not getting hungry (when I am busy). Then sometimes i am hungry but its kind of different. I cant say that i am starving but i start to get light headed and shaky when i have forgotten to eat. The band for me has eliminated the tummy hungry signal for the most part. However it does not tell me when to stop eating very well and it does not make me eat right, or the right kinds of foods.

Edited by itschoice

I am one of those who cannot eat bread. I won't touch it anymore as it just comes right back up (within seconds of it going down) and it's not a nice feeling. I still get hungry (a lot), but I do feel "full" faster. I love that feeling!

My main concern at the moment is the amount of Protein I'm having, I really think I need to eat more Protein to help with the hunger. I keep worrying that I'm not losing enough weight fast enough, but everyone tells me I am, so I guess I am - just not on the scales.

Not hungry is a much better way of putting it Jacqui! That's what I meant. I don't need the stuffed feeling... just don't want to have that hungry all the time feeling like I do. Take right now for instance. I just ate about an egg and a half (scrambled) with a little cheese and imitation crab meat about an hour ago. I'm already hungry... will the band ever help that go away where I feel hungry so quickly after eating?

This is so funny.....I just told my husband yesterday that my "love affair" with bread was finally over!! I'm 7 months out from surgery and since my last fill bread & I are not a good combo...I would still try to eat it and get stuck almost every time!! I got stuck so bad on a burrito(i know..bad,bad choice)and not only slimed but threw up chunks(sorry gross)that I was like that is it I'm done,but carb & bread addiction is a hard habit to break!!At least were not alone!!:thumbup:

I'm 10 months out lost 55 lbs. I can't eat bread, rice and Pasta. I try it all the time but up it comes. Sometimes I can get a teaspoon of rice in. A half dollar size of bread (whole wheat). Pasta's no way....