Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't care: A Michael Jackson Rant

Please just stop. Go about you bashing of MJ, but please stop making fun of me. It's sad and disgusting! I didn't even do anything that would justify being picked on. Please just stop!

Speaking as a moderator, I have read every post in this thread and I don't think anyone is picking on you or making fun of you. A few are making fun of your arguments. Which is allowed. We attack the idea, not the person.

If someone actually attacks you, then we'll do something, but not liking MJ and not understanding why people are saddened by his death and finding your arguments defending him to be illogical is not a personal attack.

I haven't had a problem with debating this. I do however have a problem with calling me stupid and the questioning what I would do with my own child because I don't think That has anything to do with this discussion and I am not a stupid person.

OK, I have a question. I know that Michael was abused by his father but was he sexually abused? I think I remember Latoya saying she had been sexually abused by her father and from what I saw on the news today Latoya was probably Michael's closest relative. Possibly because she brought out the abuse to the public. Just curious if anyone knows. I know he used to beat the sh^&t out of Michael but didnt' know if that was the end of it.

That is exactly what I was trying to do..we are both entitled to our own opinion, but don't call me stupid because you don't agree with mine

It wasn't because I disagree with you, though I never called you stupid.

I'm glad I waited a second and saw your post below hers because I was gonna let fly with some very colorful language that would not be anywhere as delicate and proper as yours is... words pertaining to the stupidity and absurdity of youth today, for a start. :thumbdown:

This is the post I was refering to because it was in response to something I posted. One can only assume that you were talking about me...

This is the post I was refering to because it was in response to something I posted. One can only assume that you were talking about me...

It's very apparent you have a need to be the center of everything, but you're not. Nor do you know when to stop.

Wow...All I am doing is responding to you posts. If that comes across as me trying to be the center of everything that is not my intention and I'm sorry.

You know what I don't like about all of the media attention now? No one gave a flying fig about what was going on with him, maybe a month ago...

He was overseas. For awhile he was living in the middle of nowhere, hiding out.... now all of his peers come out of the woodwork to say he was fantastic. Its not right. Its fake nonsense.

But I do get the attention, it has more to do with the fact that it was all so unexpected.

I personally respect everyone's opinions about him.... he's extremely controversial with the things he may or may not have done [really, who knows?]. But he was an icon.

I'm not even that old and I grew up on his music.

BUT, if he did this to himself then it bothers me that his death overshadows Farrah Fawcett's, an amazingly strong woman who struggled to LIVE and didn't throw away life with prescription drugs.

*shrugs* Just my two cents ladies & gents! :thumbdown:

I guess that's the thing, NYC_gal. He mad a lot of bad choices which made him very easy fodder for the media, and now all of a sudden they are fawning all over him.

If even half of what we read about him was true, he was a truly freaky person, and not in a good way. At the very least, he chose to do some very questionable things with young boys and abused himself with drugs. He endangered at least one of his children, and he couldn't even live on hundreds of millions of dollars. Yes, I liked most of his music and even have one of his albums, but is that really all it takes for people to forget that he was likely a child molester and give him a pass? Are some really that shallow?

I feel the same, its a shame, Farrah fought so long and hard and has been overshadowed instantly.

But what I dont get is how anyone can be so attached to a celebrity as to get upset when others make remarks about him that are quite arguably deserved.

This man did not know one single one of us even existed! Wouldnt have cared if he did. I just cannot understand how it matters so much to anyone.

But what I dont get is how anyone can be so attached to a celebrity as to get upset when others make remarks about him that are quite arguably deserved.

Excellent!

The deaths of these two people is the best thing that ever could have happened for that SC governor.

Excellent!

The deaths of these two people is the best thing that ever could have happened for that SC governor.

Bingo! Perfect, Beth! lol! :thumbdown:

HH

I think I just don't give a crap about anyone anymore. I don't care about celebs. Death is sad, yes - but not for someone I don't care about.

The SC Gov...wow. What a psycho. I'm glad his wife isn't "standing by her man", and glad that her career ambitions are higher than her morals. Kick him to the curb and get on with life! :thumbdown:

I think the last few posts here nailed my original posting intentions accurately.

The media blast sucks, his music was good - but even that is subject to personal opinion. I know several people who never cared for one song of his. But, to be so shallow and superficial - It's like that all his wrong doings were NOTHING important....Well, to me it's wrong. It's not what should be crammed down society's throat.

Yes, bad things happened to him when he was a kid...things we'll never really know for sure. But, bad stuff happened to me, too. I chose to make better choices for my life. He didn't.

And, to blame fame and fortune - that's a cop out, IMO. Your talented, but that doesn't mean you're above reprieve.

And, I'm tired of being called tacky, ignorant, (and a Texan! lol) because I don't fall into the OH, MJ WAS SO GREAT camp.

And, for the chick that popped in and said, "SCREW YOU." Why? Why screw me? Because I think the world is a better place without a creepy, lying, child endangering, child molesting, spend-happy weirdo?

That's the kind of crap I see on the news, at work, and on these threads. The unconditional love for a celebrity you DIDN'T EVEN KNOW.

To some point I agree with your post. It sucks that all of a sudden people who probably talked badly about him are now oh I loved him he was great...As for me I have always been the way I am now. I'm not going to go as far as saying I loved him, but I loved (still love) his music and his videos. Everyone handles abuse (physical, sexual, emotional) differently...some take the wrong road. I understand that not everyone enjoyed his music, but a lot of people did. Also, a lot of people choose to believe/trust that he was a good person and never hurt any kids...and some don't which is fine. Whether you liked him or not...you'll probably remember him.

The media blast sucks, his music was good - but even that is subject to personal opinion. I know several people who never cared for one song of his. But, to be so shallow and superficial - It's like that all his wrong doings were NOTHING important....Well, to me it's wrong. It's not what should be crammed down society's throat.

Because, to quote an old song, it's dirty laundry. It's a media feeding frenzy. With the exception of politics, things don't get brushed under the rug for anybody -- it makes news when he's sleeping in an oxygen tank, cuddling up to his chimp, dangling his baby, running out of a gazillion dollars, molesting little boys and sleeping with them -- and they adore him for that because it's NEWS. And now that he's dead, they adore him for the NEWS he's generating again.

I mean, when was the last time you heard about this creep before he went and died?

Yes, bad things happened to him when he was a kid...things we'll never really know for sure. But, bad stuff happened to me, too. I chose to make better choices for my life. He didn't.

So that means you wouldn't sleep with other people's children? I can't tell these days if that makes you normal or unusual. It's so hard to tell anymore...

And, to blame fame and fortune - that's a cop out, IMO. Your talented, but that doesn't mean you're above reprieve.

Ah, but apparently it does. I can't tell you how many posts I've read from knuckle-dragging mouth breathers that says, "Yeah, he MAY have been a pedophile, but damn he was talented!! RIP MICHAELLLLLLL!!!!!!" Gag.

And, I'm tired of being called tacky, ignorant, (and a Texan! lol) because I don't fall into the OH, MJ WAS SO GREAT camp.

You're certainly not alone.

If they bury him, they won't even have to embalm him, but if they cremated, what will they do with the blob of plastic that's left? Make an ashtray out of him, perhaps? :)