Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't care: A Michael Jackson Rant

Beth will never grow up! She posts like this on every thread!

Good grief! I imagine in person she is a really juvenile!

Unfortunately, There are plenty of child predators in this world. I don't like any of them either so I am not just picking on MJ.

Michael_Jackson.gif

Thanks, CC. :thumbdown::)

Darlin', you're not even on my radar. Who's talking about you anymore? I asked you questions, you claimed I was bashing you, then you admitted that you wouldn't let your son sleep with anyone. Yet somehow Michael was an innocent little man-child. It's over.

I am far from being your "darlin". I don't even let my son stay alone with baby sitters. I am over protective of my son because of his problems...it has nothing to do with other people...it's just me. Those kids had permission from their parents before hand...blame the parents!

I watched the interview about it and he said that it wasn't like that, that sharing your bed with people you love is one of the greatest things you can do...to him it was innocent...in his mind. I am not arguing that he wasn't troubled,,,he was we all are to some extent in different ways. I went a different way then he did. I was abused/raped/molested when I was younger and it caused me to grow up fast instead of "staying young"...we all handle things differently and not all of them are the right choices.

Um, do you really think that a child molester says, "Yeah, well that little boy's bum just looked SO inviting and I was feeling lonely..."???

Considering what you claim you went through, I would think you'd be wiser about all of this.

I don't think he's a child molester...that is my opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are of yours. What happened to me was differnt...because it happened and I went to the police...My parents believed me and trusting me...I just do not think he is a child molestor

I don't think he's a child molester...that is my opinion and I am entitled to it just as you are of yours. What happened to me was differnt...because it happened and I went to the police...My parents believed me and trusting me...I just do not think he is a child molestor

So what would convince you, video? I mean, where there is smoke there is fire.

The secret room off his bedroom doesn't convince you? How about the alarm buzzers and cameras he had in the hallway approaching his bedroom? Or the "happy juice" he was feeding these kids? I'm surprised sleeping with children isn't enough for you. And I'm not giving the parents slack. They were probably bought off or simply dazzled by his celebrity.

Blame the parents for what? According to a certain group of people, nothing happened.

Even if NOTHING did happen, the perception is bad. His choices and actions were wrong. Why idolize/commemorate/celebrate/etc. that kind of lifestyle?

That's like telling the world that you can be a creepy weirdo who plays with small children (which, if nothing else, gives the PERCEPTION of foul play) and as long as you're a good entertainer - it's okay.

Blame the parents for what? According to a certain group of people, nothing happened.

Even if NOTHING did happen, the perception is bad. His choices and actions were wrong. Why idolize/commemorate/celebrate/etc. that kind of lifestyle?

That's like telling the world that you can be a creepy weirdo who plays with small children (which, if nothing else, gives the PERCEPTION of foul play) and as long as you're a good entertainer - it's okay.

Well, you have to know, it all depends on how much money you have. If you're just some NORMAL freak-tard, it's not okay.

I think the pay off of around 20 million was a big ole sign.

If OJ can beat a murder rap that he DID do, why wouldn't MJ think he could beat a molestation charge he DIDN'T do?

Of, course...he DID do it, so that point is moot.

Kat, I'm sorry about your brother! That must be very tough. My ex-boss had a son who was in his 30's but mentally wasn't past 3 years old. He still wet his bed, and really didn't KNOW he wasn't age 3. It was definitely tougher on his parents than on him, and they knew that he couldn't have friends like normal kids do.

Although, since he was so young mentally, it was often fun for them because holidays stayed magical. :thumbdown:

I think if DD got stuck at this pre-teen crappy age she's at now, I'd go nuts.

It IS difficult Glou, for just the reasons you say--------it is a crappy age to be stuck at. HOWEVER, unlike your bosses son, he IS old enough to distinguish right from wrong, and keep himself and his surrounding clean, as can your DD who is similar in age. He DOES know to hang out with your DD is not something he can do, although he would enjoy the hell out of the juvenile humor and companionship.

MJ could not have gone as far as he did, without similar intelligence at the very least. He KNEW better. I do not believe he was childlike in his mind. Maybe with the help of drugs, he could see himself that way----but he was not stupid, he was not mentally retarded from childhood, the innocent, half child half man was a persona HE CREATED.

Was it mental illness brought on by stresses, and drugs? Possibly. A breakdown may have left him with diminished capabilities. But to know to have alarms and to hide it, signals a knowledge that it is wrong. If it is not wrong, you have no need to hide it.

Going to and from court when it all went on, you could see he was not permanently childish, it came and went at will.

One only needs to live with someone who has no choice in how they act due to brain injury or handicap to recognize a sham.

Absolutely! I think that's why I am having the hardest time to come to grips with the fact that so many people don't see that he was an adult who made those choices - whether it went further than we know or not.

You are correct - he KNEW what he was doing! It's disgusting to me that the media (and GOVERNMENT!?) are giving him so much attention.

And, saddened that so much of society overlooks these wrongs.

YAWN..........:)

gee. I could really chime in here....BUT....I've been told to kinda sorta but not really keep my mouth shut but do shut up.....

So, I'll just watch! :thumbdown:

HH

My thoughts on MJ are that I believe that with great, great talent comes a lot of personal demons. (Just like the Kennedys who have great money/power but have had horrible tragedys in their history.)

I believe MJ was horribly abused by his father who used him to make money. HOWEVER, if we were talking about any other male on the planet except MJ, we would be demanding that he be put in jail.

I sincerely hope that he didn't hurt those children (only because I worry about the children).

It is very disconcerting that his fans (on this thread and not) automatically assume that he is innocent only because he had a phenomenal God-given talent and was a great entertainer.

if some "random" dad did this, he would have CPS on his ass and his kids taken away. so i don't consider it really strange when if that behaviour when done by someone from the general public - they would have the law on them.

again - very talented, very disturbed.

i concur.

Ohh well thank you for holding your tongue long enough to make your own thread so you could vomit out your lies and incomplete facts...thank you

The kicker about this statement is that none of us know the "facts" about him. We've only heard similar "gossip" and have made our own assumptions based on our life experiences.

This thread not only attacks the issue/MJ it also attacks those that loved/respected him.

I guess I don't understand why you came into the thread. What was confusing about "A MJ Rant"? I don't see "rant" and think, "aww, warm and fuzzy." And no, I'm not attacking; I just don't get it. America's a free country and Glou can call MJ anything she wants including a "white woman."

You are being facetious. You don’t have be a “great person” to get the attention of the media or for people to be fascinated with you. I never said he was a great person. He did some great things (philanthropy, “We are the World”, Aid for Africa, etc.), he was a great entertainer (the numbers and the fans prove that), but a great person – no I don’t think so. He clearly had a lot of issues, frankly we will probably never really know the extent of those issues.

I personally can separate what he did as an entertainer and what he may or may not have done in his private life (while still acknowledging that both are true). I grew up in the 70’s and 80’s, he had a huge impact on my generation form a musical perspective. As I said, he was deeply troubled and had some serious problems later in life and I certainly don’t apologize for any of that.

The media is coin operated. They will run with a story like this until it stops making them money. To some extent they will say what people want to hear so that they will stay tuned in and they will make more money. Like it or not, people are fascinated by Jackson, the media senses that and is riding the wave.

I don’t buy into the “don’t bash the dead” theory though. Both aspects of his life are truths that should be looked at together and to separate one from the other would be disingenuous. It is a fact that he was an entertainment phenomenon, it’s also true he was an eccentric weirdo.

just liked the posting.

If OJ can beat a murder rap that he DID do, why wouldn't MJ think he could beat a molestation charge he DIDN'T do?

Off topic - my chiropractor said that she had a patient that was an FBI agent and that he said that OJ owed the mob a lot of money and that the mob had his ex-wife killed to teach OJ a lesson. I thought, "huh"? :thumbdown:

I already said in another post why I replied in here...

That is exactly what I was trying to do..we are both entitled to our own opinion, but don't call me stupid because you don't agree with mine