Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't care: A Michael Jackson Rant

I liked some of his early music as a single performer---post Jackson 5. When his last (I think) video come out, my DD told me to watch it, and it was something about his childhood. To us it seemed pretty evident something had happened in HIS childhood as well. Extremely wierd and sad video, wish I could remember the name, and I might be able to link it-------but anyway, it has been proven that molested people have a higher tendency to molest. Did it happen with him? Who knows? I DO know he had enough money and resources to get help-----it was not as though he was without options.

He seemed to me pretty normal for a music star up until he got burned doing that Pepsi commercial, so I kind of believe he got seriously addicted to pain meds or something then, and it allowed the wierdness to flow unchecked. Because like him or not, you must admit he turned into one very truly Wacked out person. The Wacko Jacko fit much better than King of Pop. Had he kept himself in another manner, he may have kept the title KOP--------but not when he wigged out .....IMHO.

What surprised me is how the news people, went from exposing his every gaffe----and referring to him as Wacko Jacko etc, to now they act like they loved him forever, and they were all personal friends. It happens often in death, that they iconize and idolize someone after they die.

Personally I would love to pull some footage of some of these anchors blasting him and criticizing him.....and put them, side by side with their patronizing loving reviews now.....ridiculous!

:thumbup: I agree, as usual, 100%. I also remember him lying about not having plastic surgery and the interviewer held up two photos side by side - the Thriller Jackson and the Jacko Jackson. Um...yeah - faces don't morph that way naturally. Later he did admit to plastic surgery. So, if someone could lie about that, what else would they be willing to lie about...?

Glouc, when I say he did good things, I am not referring to his music or his dancing. Of course that was good. I'm talking about his philanthropy. He is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being significantly involved in more charities than any other public figure. He also co-wrote We Are The World, which raised huge money for people in Africa.

Regarding his settling out of court implying that he was guilty...I settled out of court with the IRS two weeks ago. Not because I was guilty of cheating on my taxes, but because I was tired of the three year harrassment and legal fees. Settling out of court often means that you're sick of constantly defending yourself.

I understand that you don't care. It's in your title. I'm not trying to convince you to care. I am stating why I care. Why are you trying to convince me not to?

I'm not. I really could give a rat's behind what you think, I just don't understand how people overlook what he did to say how wonderful he was. He wasn't. He was a creepy child molester. If anyone EVER accused me of molesting a child I would FIGHT UNTIL I DIED. The IRS trouble you had no way compares to being accused of MULTIPLE CHILD MOLESTATION charges.

FYI: There was another posting, not in rants and raves, that specifically asked people not talk smack about Jacko on that thread. So, I started this one so that I could bash him openly. You're welcome to keep defending him, but why would you to me when there is the I-love-Jacko thread somewhere else? Are you trying to convince me of something?

Let me just say that if a child discribed his penis and he had all these accusations there would be no settling or paying the kid off...in a child molestation case if there is enough proof then they are prosecuted it doesn't matter if the child wants to press charges or not! You opened a thread for discussion and that is what we are doing. So just because not everyone in here is agreeing with you doesn't mean we shouldn't post here, but somewhere with others that share the same views. When he said he slept with them he just meant that he shared a bed...like a slumber party. He thought he was a little boy...there was nothing dirty about him sleeping in a bed with kids when they were having a sleep over!

there was nothing dirty about him sleeping in a bed with kids when they were having a sleep over!

actually that's quite foul.

i don't recall my dad jumping in bed w/my friends when i had a slumber party growing up.

i have no skin in this game because i wasn't much of a fan, didn't grow up w/his music (have hippie parents).

was he talented - yes

was he likely abused - yes

was he ill & disturbed - yes

did he abuse little boys - i think he did

i just don't get into celebrity worship, they crap the same way i do.

I don't worship him. They weren't his kids friends...they were his as strange as that is. He had a hug bed that the would pile into. I know it's not normal and it may be strange to people, but to him it was normal.

I don't worship him. They weren't his kids friends...they were his as strange as that is. He had a hug bed that the would pile into. I know it's not normal and it may be strange to people, but to him it was normal.

while i did quote you - i did not mean to imply "you" worshiped him....

to me it does not matter one bit if they were his kids friends or "his" friends. it's actually sicker they were his - not strage - ill. and the parents of those kids were just as ill.

if some "random" dad did this, he would have CPS on his ass and his kids taken away. so i don't consider it really strange when if that behaviour when done by someone from the general public - they would have the law on them.

again - very talented, very disturbed.

There is no law against sharing your bed with other children...especially at the permission of their parents...it has nothing to do with him being famous...it wouldn't have mattered if he was "the general public"

There is no law against sharing your bed with other children...especially at the permission of their parents...it has nothing to do with him being famous...it wouldn't have mattered if he was "the general public"

i'm really not going to dip my toes in this pond if you feel sharing childrens beds w/adults is fine. my mind can't even go there to have a conversation about it ..

i respectfully disagree with you - i would have the law on him or anyone else that thought their grown self should be in any bed w/kids that aren't theirs.

glouc - i agree w/you, his perversion is what i'll remember of him - not so much his music and frankly i have heard that repeated all morning long.

He did say that! But with our judicial system the way it is today, there would have been no chance for him to get a fair trial, be he guilty or not. Why don't you just deal with the fact that there are people out there that love his music, and may just believe he is innocent. They like yourself, have their opinion, and do not deserve to be judged by you. Have a Great Weekend!!

Well said!!! We are all entitled to our own opinion

Honestly, if you hate Michael Jackson and wrote a post before he died....that's fine. But to bash him after he died because people/media are obsessed and giving him tons of attention...I just don't beleive it's necessary. Michael Jackson was most definitely mentally ill. I hope the media respects his family's wishes to let them grieve privately.

there is actually a thread in the lounge - where posters were told NOT to post anything negative about MJ..... it's traffic is no where near this one & that posters wish was respected. since this is in the R&R - everyone gets a say.

and respectfully disagreeing is not blocking someone from their opinion.

Not all of the posts are respectful of other's opinions, some are being perceived as condescending of people that do not agree with them. But, it is interesting to see people in actual debates about what they believe.

Yeah. I have the country stations on (I like all music, even MJs old stuff) but nothing I want to hear all day.

Yeah. I have the country stations on (I like all music, even MJs old stuff) but nothing I want to hear all day.

I love his music, but I'm not going to sit and listen to it all day...currently there is only 1 station here that is playing only his music for 24 hours...