Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Because fills, large or small, cause stomach swelling. You're lucky that your doctor only requires 24 hours! Mine recommends two days of liquids and two days of mushies before returning to solid foods. It is painfullllll....

Because fills, large or small, cause stomach swelling. You're lucky that your doctor only requires 24 hours! Mine recommends two days of liquids and two days of mushies before returning to solid foods. It is painfullllll....

What is painful? Getting fills or going back to liquids for a few days?

I always go eat after my fills. I want to gauge my level of restriction from the new fill.

They won't let us eat a couple hours before, but afterwards we can go at it.

why after a fill do you need to be on liquids for 24 hours. I never asked?:wink2:

My doc recommends liquids for a few hours or soft foods for the rest of the day, and the reason as mentioned in a previous post was due to swelling. Some people seem to have no trouble eating right after a fill, and some can't even think about eating after a fill. Personally, I eat a few hours before a fill and then stay on liquids or soft foods for the rest of the day. After that, if I feel I can eat whatever, I begin with a regular diet.

If you want to hear a fill "horror" story, ask JayTee. His doc's requirements after a fill are unreal! :)

My doc recommends liquids for a few hours or soft foods for the rest of the day, and the reason as mentioned in a previous post was due to swelling. Some people seem to have no trouble eating right after a fill, and some can't even think about eating after a fill. Personally, I eat a few hours before a fill and then stay on liquids or soft foods for the rest of the day. After that, if I feel I can eat whatever, I begin with a regular diet.

If you want to hear a fill "horror" story, ask JayTee. His doc's requirements after a fill are unreal! :blushing:

My doctor's requirements are: 3 days following a fill,Clear Liquids only, days 4-6 soft foods, day 7 normal foods. How does JayTee's story measure up to that? I am curious.

My first fill is on 6/30/09.

My doctor's requirements are: 3 days following a fill,clear liquids only, days 4-6 soft foods, day 7 normal foods. How does JayTee's story measure up to that? I am curious.

My first fill is on 6/30/09.

It took me awhile to find the post, but here were the instructions from his physician.

DIET INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS AFTER EACH LAP BAND

ADJUSTMENT

First two weeks: non-carbonated, diet beverages (Crystal Light, Water, other drinks with

low or no calories) plus two Protein shakes per day..

Second two weeks: non-carbonated, diet beverages (Crystal Light, Water, and other drinks with low or no calories) plus two Protein Shakes per day, plus three 60 cc Soup meals per day as follows: make a can of Soup according to directions. When it is ready to serve, ladle some of into a strainer and let the water pass through to the sink. Put 60 cc of the meat and noodles or meat and vegetables, measured, into a serving dish for your meal. Eat three of these meals per day in addition to the Clear Liquids and Protein Shakes.< /span>

Third two weeks: non-carbonated, diet beverages (Crystal Light, wat~r, other drinks with low or no calories) plus two Protein shakes per day, plus three soft meals per day, 60 cc per meal. Soft meals will include yogurt, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, Peanut Butter, etc.

Fourth two weeks: non-carbonated, diet beverages (Crystal Light, water, and other drinks with low or no calories) plus two protein shakes per day, plus three protein per day, 60 cc per meal. Protein meals to consist of tender meat, fish, or eggs.

DO NOT HAVING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: CARBONATED BEVERAGES,

BREAD, RICE, Pasta, NOODLES, POTATOES, OR ANY OTHER food

CONTAINING CARBOHYDRATES, ONCE THE FOURTH TWO WEEKS HAVE

STARTED.

Repeat this same schedule every time you have an adjustment to the~ band.

All I can say is....WHAT?????:blushing:

It took me awhile to find the post, but here were the instructions from his physician.

DIET INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEXT TWO MONTHS AFTER EACH LAP BAND

ADJUSTMENT

First two weeks: non-carbonated, diet beverages (Crystal Light, Water, other drinks with

low or no calories) plus two Protein shakes per day..

Second two weeks: non-carbonated, diet beverages (Crystal Light, Water, and other drinks with low or no calories) plus two Protein Shakes per day, plus three 60 cc Soup meals per day as follows: make a can of soup according to directions. When it is ready to serve, ladle some of into a strainer and let the water pass through to the sink. Put 60 cc of the meat and noodles or meat and vegetables, measured, into a serving dish for your meal. Eat three of these meals per day in addition to the Clear Liquids and Protein shakes.< /span>

Third two weeks: non-carbonated, diet beverages (Crystal Light, wat~r, other drinks with low or no calories) plus two protein shakes per day, plus three soft meals per day, 60 cc per meal. Soft meals will include yogurt, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, Peanut Butter, etc.

Fourth two weeks: non-carbonated, diet beverages (Crystal Light, water, and other drinks with low or no calories) plus two protein shakes per day, plus three protein per day, 60 cc per meal. Protein meals to consist of tender meat, fish, or eggs.

DO NOT HAVING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: CARBONATED BEVERAGES,

BREAD, RICE, Pasta, NOODLES, POTATOES, OR ANY OTHER food

CONTAINING CARBOHYDRATES, ONCE THE FOURTH TWO WEEKS HAVE

STARTED.

Repeat this same schedule every time you have an adjustment to the~ band.

All I can say is....WHAT?????:blushing:

OMG!!! You are so right. That is pure torture. I thought my plan was strict. It's a walk in the park compared to that.

That's freaking stupid. I had seven fills to finally get some restriction, it would have taken me 56 weeks to finally get some restriction. Crazy.

Mine is 24 hours as well. I had my first fill yesterday but I think I might do liquids just a little bit longer. My surgeon said 24 hours for liquid and then just chew chew chew *rolls eyes* but I think I might do liquids for 24 then go to some mushies then transition back to soft/normal food over 3-4 days. I just think that going back to normal food 24 hours after the fill is too rushed but that's just me.

Mine is 24 hours as well. I had my first fill yesterday but I think I might do liquids just a little bit longer. My surgeon said 24 hours for liquid and then just chew chew chew *rolls eyes* but I think I might do liquids for 24 then go to some mushies then transition back to soft/normal food over 3-4 days. I just think that going back to normal food 24 hours after the fill is too rushed but that's just me.

Hi Sarah. How are you feeling? I will get my first fill on 6/30/09. Do you feel any tightening around your stomach? Do you have any discomfort? How was the overall fill? I'm scared of needles.:blushing:

Edited by 2911plans

That's freaking stupid. I had seven fills to finally get some restriction, it would have taken me 56 weeks to finally get some restriction. Crazy.

WOW!!! Shark congratulations on your weight loss. That is an impressive amount in less than a year! :blushing:

I am scheduled for my firt fill on July 1. I asked my doctor if I needed to follow any special instruction before or directly after my fill and he said "no...we'll just give you some crackers and Water afterwards to make sure they go down ok."

Hi Sarah. How are you feeling? I will get my first fill on 6/30/09. Do you feel any tightening around your stomach? Do you have any discomfort? How was the overall fill? I'm scared of needles.:wink:

Hey don't get too worried about needles, you'll just feel worse for when it does happen. For me I'm used to needles but honestly I hated getting the fill, my nurse did it and it was the first time - the surgeon was there watching over but like I said it was his first time, the thing that hurt the most was him pushing on the port and I heard a clicking noise and then it hurt a little bit (not from the needle) and needless to say I burst out crying for no reason lol. But that's just me. At the moment feel pretty good, straight after I got it done, I felt like a numbing feeling in my mouth but they didn't numb the area just wiped it with the alcohol wipes so don't know what was up with that. I was planning on transitioning into foods over 3-4 days but I was so hungry at lunch today so I had a tin of spaghetti which was really soft as it absorbed lots of liquid, I had that 20 minutes ago and although it didn't fill me completely I feel like I could already eat more which sucks =( The only discomfort I really had was having to hold my stomach afterwards to make sure it didn't bleed which it didn't. Also yesterday straight after the fill my throat felt tight and I was paranoid that I was going to be too tight and not be able to eat, but nothings come back up so I guess I'm good. I hope everything goes well for you for your first fill.