Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Houston,Tx! HELP!

:confused: 23 year old female, I was banded March 10th and it's June 3rd- after ALMOST 3 months I have lost 24 lbs, which Im proud of, but i feel like I am FAARR behind most lapbanders! I started to run and hurt my knee for a few weeks, and have not been able to get back into the groove of things! I just need someone to push me! I feel like Im not making the progress that I had imagined!!

Lauren- I'm right there with ya!! I was banded april 29th. About 5 weeks ago. I'm only down 15lbs. I feel like it's not enough. Getting sooo frustrated. I'm new at this too so I may not be much help, but if you'd like to buddy up that'd be great. I'm 21, recently banded, and live in Rosenberg TX so pretty close. Anyway let me know- I could really use a friend in all this!

-Candice

Start off slow. By slow I mean walking. Do alot of walking. I started off walking a few miles and had gotten up to walking 13 miles before I started throwing some running in. You want to try to stay as low impact as possible untill your able to get some weight off.

Choose your Protein carefully. I would say that with women choose a soy protein over a whey protein. It tends to produce umm breasts (men avoid). I personally stick with Isopure due to it having 0 Carbs and others that say low carb can have alot of hidden sugars.

Start taking liquid Amino acids. This is a good source of protein and will help keep unwanted loose skin off. (you're both young and this should help with the elesticity of the skin, keeping you from having unwanted scars from surgery).

Lastly get lots of protein in your diet. This will help with skin, hair, body, muscle etc... When you hear the doctors say get plenty of protein take it as gospel not just b/s. Whats the since in looseing a 100 lbs but going bald and having a bunch of loose skin? Do it right and don't exchange one problem for another.

I feel I am far behind in my success as well. I had a lower BMI than most to start with so I knew I would be slow to lose. I've seen some on here with the same range BMI as I had and they've had far more weight loss than I have. I know I haven't made the best choices lately. I guess I need to get re-motivated. I'm a self-payer so I'm even more disgusted by it all. I'm avoiding going back to the doctor for a check-up because I'm ashamed. Last time I was in, he thought my success to day had been great. That was March maybe??? It's part time to go back but when he sees I've not lost much of anything, he'll going to chastise me and question what the "F" I've been eating. I need a swift kick in the arse I guess to get refocused. I know I can do this and I long to be thinner, why is it so hard? I know I'm not drinking enough nor am I getting enough Protein. I need to make some major changes.

:lol: :eek: :smile2: :mad2: :eek: :mad: :cuss: :sad::rant:

I feel I am far behind in my success as well. I had a lower BMI than most to start with so I knew I would be slow to lose. I've seen some on here with the same range BMI as I had and they've had far more weight loss than I have. I know I haven't made the best choices lately. I guess I need to get re-motivated. I'm a self-payer so I'm even more disgusted by it all. I'm avoiding going back to the doctor for a check-up because I'm ashamed. Last time I was in, he thought my success to day had been great. That was March maybe??? It's part time to go back but when he sees I've not lost much of anything, he'll going to chastise me and question what the "F" I've been eating. I need a swift kick in the arse I guess to get refocused. I know I can do this and I long to be thinner, why is it so hard? I know I'm not drinking enough nor am I getting enough Protein. I need to make some major changes.

:lol: :eek: :smile2: :mad2: :eek: :mad: :cuss: :sad::rant:

Protein will help you from having those " sugar cravings" when the body craves protein it is what most folks call a "sweet tooth". We just don't understand what our bodies want/need. Don't get discouraged, just get a fill and continue to do like you're suppose to. you'll generally lose 10 or more pounds right after a fill just by doing 3 Protein drinks a day for the first 2 days and then start back slow on the 3rd day by throwing in some light Soup. I usually do an egg drop Soup.< /p>