Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I am soooo hungry!

I have been on liquids since May 14 (including pre-op) and have handled the lack of food really well. Most days, I didn't even think about it. Today is a whole other story. I am crazy hungry for some sort of real food :(. It feels like I haven't had a meal in forever...kinda like I'm on "Survivor" or something. I am just really frustrated and needed to rant. I sure I'm not alone on this one.

You were banded 10 days before me and I'm feeling it. Egads - so hungry!

It's so soon for me, though, that I'm not even tempted to push the limits. I really want to keep things gentle there and let it heal.

I'll sure be glad when I can add Protein shakes, at least. Ai-yi-yi....

linda I had my surgery in the afternoon on the 29th. My stomach has been so sick that I have only had a few sips of broth since then..I dont know if it is the gas pains in my chest or digestion but it really upsets my tummy to have anything but Water. I cant wait for the gas pains to go away!!!!!:(

Congratulations to all of you!! It is not a good idea to push the limits of your diet. You may be tempted to eat more or the wrong foods at this stage, but doing so can lead to stretching of the pouch and possible slippage. Hang in there it will get easier as your diet advances. This is a small sacrifice for the future of the new you!!:(

I am on day 5 after banding and I am still in a considerable amount of pain. I also want to eat although my tummy is bloated and swollen. I have been taking it one day at a time. I found a way to make the broth taste like real Soup. My family had baked chicken for dinner. I took a couple of pieces and put it in a pot with the broth. I added garlic powder and let it simmer for 15 minutes on low heat. It tastes so good. I can last a few days before I get bored with that. By then I can move to thicker Soups. I can get through the liquid phases. What I want most is for the pain and gas to go away.

Just keep walking..that will help the gas and prevent any post op complications. This is a short phase in a long journey that will completely change your life. Follow your diet to give yourself the best possible start and chance for success. You can do it!! Good luck and keep me posted:thumbup:

linda I had my surgery in the afternoon on the 29th. My stomach has been so sick that I have only had a few sips of broth since then..I dont know if it is the gas pains in my chest or digestion but it really upsets my tummy to have anything but Water. I cant wait for the gas pains to go away!!!!!:(

Today is the first day I've not had the gas pains. There may be a little bit left in there, but not enough to bother me.

I have been walking every day, gently and slowly, on my treadmill. I know that helps because, um, I can feel the gas exiting during/after my exercise. Also, even just turning over in bed at night has 'moved it through'.

Today I felt great. I didn't nap - wasn't overwhelmingly tired anymore. I only had a spritz of pain meds twice, once at 7AM and once at 5PM. I think I'll forego them from here out. Headaches are gone, too.

I'm not at all interested in pushing it on the eating plan - I'm too scared to mess something up. But my hunger, which has been quiet for the last 3 days, is definitely back. 3 more days of Clear Liquids and then I go to full liquids.

ooh :( It will get better you guys trust me. The gas will ease up. Take your gas ex strips, drink plenty of Water, and WALK!!! they aren't B.S'ing when they tell you to walk. The Protein Shakes will kind of help,at least getting full. but Just take it easy. I slept the first 4 days and didn't really eat. Yes you will get a MASSIVE APPETITE at like day 3 or 4, but you'll learn as soon as you over-do it on the broth. Just keep Hydrated that will take away half the hunger pains. and if your bloated & still haven't done a #2 yet, time to take some MOM, that eases the gas a tad too. I'm 11 days out, still hungry but learning my limits, I had babyfood for lunch today and when I didn't walk 10 mins after finishing I blew up like a macy*s float. But DRINK DRINK DRINK your fluids.

I don't know how I could possibly have a #2 - it's been DAYS since I've had anything but liquids. Surely anything in there would have come out before the pre-op liquids, right? (I'm picturing it parked in my large intestine quaking with fear "Oh, god, what do we do? What the hell is going on up there? Should we just stay here or move the troops forward? Nothing makes any sense any more - they're changing the game up there and I don't understand!!" - evidently, I imagine myself with quite lively and intelligent poop, which may be my first mistake...)

I don't know how I could possibly have a #2 - it's been DAYS since I've had anything but liquids. Surely anything in there would have come out before the pre-op liquids, right? (I'm picturing it parked in my large intestine quaking with fear "Oh, god, what do we do? What the hell is going on up there? Should we just stay here or move the troops forward? Nothing makes any sense any more - they're changing the game up there and I don't understand!!" - evidently, I imagine myself with quite lively and intelligent poop, which may be my first mistake...)

Oh girl. it's MoM time for you. Considering you've been on liquids, and Protein you should have at least had a marble or 2 followed by Diarreha. or as Medical professionals like to call it "loose stools". you shouldn't be constipated. I mean every other thread I've read and myself personally, go at least once twice a day. your most likely not hydrated enough or getting enough liquids in ya. I know it's hard and it's frustrating but it will get better, but Absolutly at this point take something to poop. Believe it or not, your Bowels aren't empty and it will keep you bloated.

I haven't had Protein, though. Well, I mean, chicken broth has 1 gram of Protein so maybe I'm getting a few grams a day.

I won't get protein until he moves me onto full liquids. I've been on Clear Liquids for over a week now- the pre-op liquid diet was Clear Liquids too - no Protein shakes, etc.

I just don't know how my body could possibly make any solid waste in this situation.... Can it?

I haven't had Protein, though. Well, I mean, chicken broth has 1 gram of Protein so maybe I'm getting a few grams a day.

I won't get protein until he moves me onto full liquids. I've been on clear liquids for over a week now- the pre-op liquid diet was clear liquids too - no protein shakes, etc.

I just don't know how my body could possibly make any solid waste in this situation.... Can it?

I understand your concern! I went 7 days with no #2....and I asked my dr, and they told me that it not normal. I got pretty nervous...and didnt want to get backed up and have more pain...so I did an enema per my dr's advice. Not fun...but it worked....then I went about 3 days with nothing...then went on my own. So it will come...but you may have to help it along. Appearantly the pain meds are a major reason for that backup (at least with me..they gave me hydracodone..which causes it pretty bad)....and the lack of food intake. Good luck!

My doctor let me move on to creamier Soups (still fully liquid, no bits) and oyster crackers yesterday.

Today, I made a #2. :confused: I think my body just needed something besides Water and crystal light to make one, ya know?