Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JuneBugs '08 ONE year BANDiversary!!!

It's been 1 yr since our banding, how much have you lost?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. It's been 1 yr since our banding, how much have you lost?

• 20 - 30 lbs
    • 30 - 40 lbs
    • 40 - 50 lbs
    • 50 - 60 lbs
    • 60 - 70 lbs
    • 70 - 80 lbs
    • 80 - 90 lbs
    • 90 - 100 lbs
    • 100 - 110 lbs
    • 110 - 120 lbs
    • 120 - 130 lbs
    • 130+ lbs.

Wow, can you believe it June Bugs? It's about time for our 1st year bandiversary. I think it would be great for us to check in and update us all on our progress so far.

As for getting banded, it was the best decision I have ever made! I feel I got my life back. I had gotten to the point where I hardly wanted to go anywhere (except maybe fastfood). My DH works for the airlines and I can travel anywhere in the world for free which is my passion, and I wouldn't go because I was so afraid of the seatbelt and the middle seat. I just got home from a Mediterranean cruise and had a wonderful time and I had no issues with seatbelts (had a long tail left on my belt actually), I could walk, hike, climb hills. I found myself teary eyed a few times when I realized what a difference a year made. Would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY YES!!!!! I am volunteering for my hospitals program, going to become a support group leader and I feel it will help me to stay focus just as much as it will hopefully help others.

My bandiversary is June 5th and so far I am down 123 lbs. I want so bad to be down about 125/126 by my bandiversary as that would put me at 179 and my dr said he'd be happy with anything under 180 as my high goal. Ideally for the normal BMI I need to hit 169. I don't have my one year post op appt until June 30th so maybe I can get close. May was the first month I really didn't lose weight, up one or two and then down one or two. I'm a little frustrated and freaked out that I won't lose anymore. And the more that happens the more I eat poor choices. It's the first time in a year that I've been tempted by not so good choices and it's scaring the heck out of me. I had gotten a small unfill in April due to some reflux issues, I emailed the fill nurse today to see about getting maybe half of that put back and see how it goes.

I never thought that I would be this successful. I was convinced I was going to be that case it didn't work for, afterall I had failed at everything else.

I don't eat alot of the things that I used to love but it doesn't matter so much anymore. I don't find myself thinking about food all the time. And being able to buy size 10's instead of 24's or 26's is worth it. I do allow myself treats occassionally and when I do they are planned for.

Hello Fellow JuneBugs!

I have lost 61 lbs! :( My begining weight was 240lbs and I am currently at 179lbs. I was hoping to be at 175 by my BANDiversary but I don't think that is going to happen. My band date was June 6... that was my birthday present to myself last year, my birthday is June 7! Even though I didn't reach my BANDiversary goal I am VERY happy with the success I have had.

I LOVE MY BAND... I would do it again in a HEARTBEAT! It has changed my life for the better. I find that I have so much more energy. I enjoy doing things that I didn't enjoy before. I love to SHOP... it's great to be in 'normal' size clothes and not have to go to the 'PLUS' section anymore.

I hope everyone else has had great success!!

~Marie~

Hey Fellow Junies! Here's hoping everyone had a great year with the band and is happy and healthy. I've had the ideal Lap Band journey but worked very hard at it. I lost a total of 139#, came out of it with pretty good skin tone for a 53 yr old and am very happy with the results.

The best part about this is how GREAT and healthy I feel. I kid you not....I have the energy of a 19 yr old. My hope for the future is to forever have my band (yeah, I know, crap happens) and go through life as the energetic person I am today!

Would be so fun to hear from all of you!

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY TO ME!!!

Today is the day, one year ago at this time I was in the recovery room wondering would this really work? I was so sure I was going to be that statistic that it didn't work for. After all, I failed at everything else I tried. But here I am one year later and 11 lbs from a goal of a normal BMI!! WOOHOO!! I am at 125 lbs gone. Who'd have thunk it? I started with a 3 in front of my weight and now am in the 100's! 180 to be exact, 169 gives me 'normal'. Can't wait!

Hey everyone!

I have lost 135 and June 20th will be my one year bandiversary! I love my band and the friends I have made on here!

post-240908-13813138438069_thumb.jpg

post-240908-13813138438396_thumb.jpg

You should be sooooooooooooooo proud of your accomplishments, Allie! Your b/4 and after are truly amazing.

thanks long and apples! I love you girls!

Allie, your pics are AMAZING! Girl, you look awesome!!! Isn't it amazing the difference a year makes??? I find myself thinking that so much lately. Where I was this time last year and where I am now...WOW!

thanks Iteach!!!

Today's my Bandiversary and I'm officially 38 pounds down. Not too proud of that, but I KNOW the next year will be much better!

Today's my Bandiversary and I'm officially 38 pounds down. Not too proud of that, but I KNOW the next year will be much better!

Happy Bandiversary Angel!!!!!

Almost at my one year bandiversary, down 125 lbs, could not be happier! Unfortunately I still have a ways to go, but just wait till you see me a year from now!:wink2:

Wow, what a year it's been. Thank you to each of you for your support. I never dreamed it possible to lose the weight I have over this past year. Another 30 to go and I'll be home.