Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quick & easy recipes.........

I had never ever liked refried Beans ...but i tried them again the other day and they were really good. so now i'll take:

1 small flour tortilla

some of the refried Beans

shredded nacho cheese.

and a bit of salsa, just to make it a little wet so it goes down better

then i put the tortilla in a frying pan and then all the toppings. and heat it all up till the tortilla is crispy and everything else it all hot and melted

Very tasty!

chicken Wondermere

2 cans of golden mushroom Soup

2 cans of cream of chicken Soup

1/2 cup of sour cream

1/2 cup of mayo

4 boneless chicken breast

3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

mix sour cream, mayo and Soups in a bowl

place chicken breasts in a 9x13 dish..pour mixture over chicken, top with cheese, bake at 350 for 1 hour serve over rice or egg noodles. This is my familys favorite, I make it weekly.

cream of mushroom Soup?

Actually it is golden mushroom soup but you can replace it with cream of celery coup, I do this exact same recipe with cream of celery instead of the golden mushroom , it is just as good..just a different color and a different taste but still delicious., this one I reccomend serving over rice though.

chicken and Dressing Casserole

3 cups of cooked diced chicken

1 can cream of mushroom Soup

1 can cream of celery soup

2 cupso f chicken broth

1/2 c melted butter

1 - 6-8oz package of her seasoned dressing mix

1 cup of shredded cheese ( swiss or cheddar)

Combine sopus and chicken broth add diced chicken to mixture, add butter to dressing mix Combine chicken mixture to dressing mixture, place in caserole dish bake @ 350 for 35 minutes. Top with cheese during the last 5 minutes.

OK now I'm hungry - everything sounds soooo good! Here is one to try

meat Loaf with Vegetable Stuffing

2 8oz Cans mixed vegtables of your choice (Veg-All)

3 tbs bread Crumbs

2 eggs or equivalent Egg Beaters

16 oz lean ground beef or turkey

1/2 c chopped onion

1/2 c rolled oats

1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce

1/4 c lite ketchup

1/4 tsp Pepper

1/2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In one bowl mix veggies, bread crumbs and 1 egg. In a second bowl mix remaining ingredients. Spread half the meat mixture in the bottom of an ungreased 9x5 loaf pan. Cover with veggie mixture and top with remaining meat mixture. Bake 45-55 min. Cool 10 min. before serving.

Serves 6 each serving 211 calories, 9g fat, 18g protien, 15g carb.

Enjoy

And my contribution for us Mexican addicts

Black Bean - Vegetable Burritos

8 FF Flour Tortillas

1 med onion chopped

1/2 med green or red pepper cut in thin strips

1 tbs lime juice

1/4 tsp minced garlic

2 tsp olive oil

1 15 oz can black Beans rinsed and drained

1/2 c frozen corn

1/4 tsp ground cumin

1/4 tsp chili powder

1/8 tsp black pepper

1 c reduced fat monterey jack cheese

Heat tortillas wraped in foil in a 350 degree oven to soften if desired

In a med sauce pan cook onion, pepper, lime juice, and garlic in hot oil for 3-5 min until tender

Stir in remaining ingredients and cook over med heat for 4-5 min until heated through

Spoon 1/3 cup bean mixture and 2 tbs of cheese into tortilla and fold envelope style. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.

Serves 4 (two burritos per person) 420 cal, 8g fat, 70g carb, 20g protien.

Enjoy,

to print...

right click & drag to highlight everything you want to print.

Move the cursor over the highlighted area & right click again.

Click on print.

When the printer box pops up click the box that says print selected or selection & it will only print what you have highlighted.

Jessiebear, you should write a cookbook!! These recipes sound wonderful and they are making me hungry ;-)

Here is one:

Sweet Potato Corn Soup

1 16 oz can cut Sweet Potatoes, drained and rinsed

1 8 oz can Sweet Corn

1 8 oz can concentrated chicken broth plus 1 can Water

1/2 cup skim milk

2 tsp brown sugar

Lawry Seasoned Salt and fresh black pepper to taste

Heat sweet potatoes in broth until very soft. Add all other ingredients. Cool slightly then puree (fully if you are still on liquids, leave some small chunks if you are on mushies)

Garnish with a little finely grated cheddar.

My husband grilled a chicken breast, cubed it and added it to his soup and he said it was delicious!!