Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! Just a quick post to say that I just feel really good! I only used the pain meds a couple of evenings after surgery and haven't needed them since. My incisions all feel good and I can pretty much sleep on my side and stomach without a problem. I really feel great and I think my body is enjoying being 20 lbs lighter! How is everyone else doing?

Edited by HeavyHeviCyndi
typo as usual

I'm starting to feel good also! I just realized today that I don't feel the band anymore when I swallow. That's a wonderful thing!! :cursing:

Great to see your smiling face, Cyndi!:cursing:

Cyndi, Ann,

I'm soooo glad to hear that you guys are doing so well!

It makes me a little less scared! :cursing:

Here's hoping the rest of your transition goes this well!

Thanks, I just figured out how to get my pic in my sig since my computer was freezing everytime I tried to upload a pic! Now I need to just make it smaller. Anyone?? lol

Hi Cyndi,

I'm feeling good too with the exception of the fact that I am really busty and my underwire bra rubs against my port scar when I sit at work all day. Other than that, I'm just looking forward to advancing my diet to soft foods this weekend.

Take care!

Hi Cyndi,

I'm feeling good too with the exception of the fact that I am really busty and my underwire bra rubs against my port scar when I sit at work all day. Other than that, I'm just looking forward to advancing my diet to soft foods this weekend.

Take care!

Ouchie, that sounds painful! I haven't gone back to work yet but I am worried that I will be uncomfortable sitting for so long. I work 3 twelve hour shifts completely in front of a computer so I guess I will just need to make sure I get up pretty often to walk around.

Cyndi, try copying your picture into Word, the resizing it. That is a very simple way to make it smaller. Then copy and paste it back into your siggie. And as far as work goes, yes, definitely get up and move around. It can hurt to sit for too long.

Mac, ouch! I would put some cotton or other soft material under your bra or over your port site to cushion it. That's a very tender area!

Cyndi, try copying your picture into Word, the resizing it. That is a very simple way to make it smaller. Then copy and paste it back into your siggie. And as far as work goes, yes, definitely get up and move around. It can hurt to sit for too long.

Mac, ouch! I would put some cotton or other soft material under your bra or over your port site to cushion it. That's a very tender area!

I was able to put my picture as my avatar and put a pic of my kiddos in my sig! It's a silly pic of them but hey, it's hard to get these active kids to pose for me, especially the lil boy! lol

Hi Cyndi and Ann,

I've tried a couple of different things but the problem is I have practically no waist. I'm 4'11" and there is just not much room for anything when I'm sitting. Good news is that it feels better every day. Hope you both are doing well also!

well let me start off by saying hello to all you! I am nervous and excited my surgery date is may 29 2009 in Tijuana. I can't wait to start my new improved life but the thought of surgery scares me...even though I have had quite a few in the past couple years. It sounds like all of you are doing so well. I hope to keep following up with you. Hearing others seems to really calm me down. Thank you in advance!

Good luck to you, less of me! And welcome to the mayo Banditos! We're a fun and friendly group. Glad to have you! :smile2:

Mac, have you ever tried a sports bra? Or perhaps -- just a thought -- a support top that has a built in bra and goes all the way to your waist. I know that Spanx makes those and so do other brands. They're made to slim your tummy. What I'm thinking is that it might support your incisions while giving you bra support all at the same time, in one continuous piece of fabric, so there's no wire or such to hurt you. Just a thought! :thumbup:

Good luck to you, less of me! And welcome to the mayo Banditos! We're a fun and friendly group. Glad to have you! :smile2:

Mac, have you ever tried a sports bra? Or perhaps -- just a thought -- a support top that has a built in bra and goes all the way to your waist. I know that Spanx makes those and so do other brands. They're made to slim your tummy. What I'm thinking is that it might support your incisions while giving you bra support all at the same time, in one continuous piece of fabric, so there's no wire or such to hurt you. Just a thought! :thumbup:

Thanks Ann, for the suggestion. Problem is, I've never found a sports bra in a big enough cup size. I just can't seem to win when it comes to my chest.

Glad all is going well!

Mac~ I guess you will have to suffer through with the underwire. :thumbup: That port spot sure can get sore. My friend was my operating nurse and she told me that they use muscle retractors and they pull really hard there to get the port in place. Two thumbs up on the busty part though! I will be complaining that I am loosing weight in all the wrong places and you will be looking glamorous!

Cyndi~ You sound like a trooper, when do you go back to work? I am a stay at home Mom, with three boys. My youngest is 2 and although he knows Mommy has "big owies" he wants me to hold him. :smile2: We cuddle on the couch, but it's not the same. I do have to pick him up to get him in his carseat from time to time. He isn't always cooperative. I took a dose of codiene this evening, I must have overdone today.

Ann~ Do Spanx come in all sizes? I heard about them on Oprah, but I never even looked to see if they would fit me. I guess it will be time to do so soon. I am so excited about the day I stop thinking things won't fit! That day is coming for us all!

Hi, CL. I've personally never worn Spanx, but I know a very large woman who swears by them. She's given me the scoop. Here is a link to there size charts: Spanx Hope that helps! :thumbup:

Mac~ I guess you will have to suffer through with the underwire. :thumbup: That port spot sure can get sore. My friend was my operating nurse and she told me that they use muscle retractors and they pull really hard there to get the port in place. Two thumbs up on the busty part though! I will be complaining that I am loosing weight in all the wrong places and you will be looking glamorous!

LOL! Thanks for that image. The hubby is sad because he doesn't want to see them shrink. I'm all for smaller. Some days I think I have backaches from trying to support the damned things!