Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kudos, back pats, and I did it's!!!!!

Hey BANDitos!!!

Although our band dates aren't here yet they are fast approaching!!!! Less than 3 weeks for me YAY!!! :thumbup:and WOW!!!

Some of you have already started your journey with pre-op diets prescribed by the surgeon and others have decided to begin their journey on their own before being banded.

I was wanting to wait but decided "why wait to start this life changing journey"

I have talked about that little devil that sits on my shoulder tempting me through out the day. Most of the time he is very persuading and easy to give into.

I've been telling my self for weeks to start exercising but until I committed myself to change I was just kidding myself.

2 days ago I kept trying to talk myself into going for a walk and finally succeeded. I had an errand to run and instead of driving the .75 miles it took to get there I walked.

Yesterday I needed to go to the Library to return some books and talked myself into walking the 1.5 miles to the Library instead of driving. Today I have a meeting at the school that is 2 miles away and uphill to boot. I am planning on walking.

Right now each day is a struggle to do whats best for me, whether it is making the right food choices or doing a little bit of exercise, but once I have made the right choice it feels great!!!!!:blink:

So I thought I would start a thread where we can give ourselves kudos and back pats for a job well done. Even if it is not giving into temptation as small as one more Hershey's kiss after we have already had one or two (we all know how hard it is to stop) or whatever that day's temptation might have been. You know a woo hoo I did it!

After the band we will have a tool and it will still be difficult, but right now it's just us baby and we all know how difficult the struggle can be, so here's to us!!!!

Hallelujahgirl, I totally understand. Since I got approved I have been using it as an excuse to (let's just say) "over-endulge", but kudos for me today for turning down doughnuts that a fellow co-worker brought in. I have a serious addiction to sugar, so me turning them down was big. And I really didn't turn it down, I just didn't want it!!! Kudos to us!!!!!!

I love this!!

I just got done eating out with my boyfriend, bff and her gf - we went to a steakhouse and I was sooo good, I didn't eat ANY of the bread that the waiter kept us stocked with, I asked which was the leanest cut of steak that I could get w/no butter on it, AND I got green Beans and a salad with no dressing with mine while everyone else got potatoes and big fat steaks with melted butter!!!!!!!!!!

It was hard, but dang it. I am committed to this ONE meal at a time.

Keep these coming, ya'll! I think these are good for us all to read and to congratulate ourselves on.

This is a great idea!

I admit, I've been a lazy bum lately and have been eating ALMOST whatever I want. But the good news is that I walked up the escalators (big ole stairs) on my way to work today. All five flights of them. I was breathing hard at the top but I felt good! My goal is to do that as often as I can until I don't get out of breath. Oh and hit up the gym too!

Woohoo! Everyone is doing great! :lol:

Kellster -- 5 sets of escalators? My God, where do you work? And how did you do that? I wouldn't have been able to do more than one. Wow.

Well, I brought in all the candy from the candy jar today and put it in the kitchen for my coworkers to eat. I also turned down doughnuts and cake on Wednesday! (But gave in to Cookies last night. Booo!) Well, baby steps... baby steps! :thumbup:

Way to go ladies!!! We are ready! I gave up my Diet Mtn. Dew addiction almost one month ago. I also started walking - I walked 8 miles last week. I wanted to commit to being as healthy as I can be before the surgery and to start making small changes now. Right now I'm working on the not drinking 30 minutes before, during and 1:30 after eating. I want to get used to this now, so I have one less struggle after surgery.

I must admit, when I saw my liquid diet instructions, (Posted in another thread) I had a little pitty party for myself - and nearly panicked - but I know I can do this. Look at what I've done already.

We are doing well! I'm so excited to share this journey with all of you.

Congrats and keep working in the right direction. All of these shared experiences make it easier for everyone.

I am slogging through the liquid pre-op right now and have only had one major issue. I forgot to bring powdered Protein drinks on the 12 hour flight to London. I packed them in my checked luggage, and was really glad to see that when I landed.

This week at work, Girl Scout Cookies have been circulating...I mean boxes of them.....My favorite was on my assistants desk (opened) for all to eat each day for this week ( 5 boxes).

I think this is the first year ever ! that I didn't eat not one of them.....The temptation was so great but I'm on a mission.

Wow, way to go, everyone!!! :thumbup::thumbup::)

It's the little things that all add up and make a big difference. :blink:

Right on Ann! Way to go John!!

Well I have been on the Pre-op diet for 10 days now My diet is shaes for Breakfast and lunch and then a small high Protein and low carb dinner. Well, last night it was just my husband and youngest son so Dear Husband wanted to take us out to dinner. He went to a Chinese buffet ;) becasue that is where my youngest wanted to go.

:thumbdown: My Doctor had given me a card that explains what I have done(well, will have done) and I showed it to the waitress and she let me eat at a kids price 4.50 instead of 9.50. So I got a couple peices of Sushi and then a small sauce bowl of egg drop Soup and I used a small dessert plate and put some veggies and chicken, it was perfect, I ate really slow and I was full before I finished everything. I think all together it was about 2/3 cup of food. (little more then what I will be eating in the future. And I waited to drink my Water until I got home.

I was nervous, but it was cool to try the card my Dr.'s office gave me to see that they will except it. So anyway. That is my WHOO HOO for the weekend.

That's really cool! I want one of those cards also! (I also want to go to a Chinese buffet right about now....... lol)

Congrats to all on your control! :smile: I'm not dealing as well with food right now but have an appointment with the nutritionist Tuesday and I hope that will kick me into gear.

Keep up the good work!!

I would love to have one of those cards! Is there any info on there stating who made it so we could possibly order one if our doc doesn't have them? I can see how that would be a really helpful tool.