Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Checking in- Vegas, Port Revision Surgery, etc.

I got the nicest message from Delarla today...at first I thought she was a bill collector (what, me?) and then I started crying because she was so sweet and so Lisa at the same time.

Her message made me realize that I hadn't checked in to LBT in a long time...I think I've been avoiding you all because I don't think I'm able to make it to the bash and it makes me so sad I just couldn't face it. But today I realized that I may have one more option...I'm not promising anything but I'm going to try my darndest to get there. I need support, and I need to give support....and drink. Can't forget to cocktail.

I had my port revision surgery last Friday. That just means that they moved my port to a spot where they think they can access it better. I didn't use any of the Vicoden (anyone want some? Maybe selling it on the black market could fund my Vegas trip...hmmmm) they gave me. They did the surgery under local anesthesia and some sedation that just made me feel drunk. I talked the entire time the surgeons were working on me...and I told the hot doctor that he had such kind eyes. I'm totally embarrassed but they seemed to think I was hilarious.

I'm back on the weightloss losing train. I've lost 6 pounds in the last four days- I got a fill at the same time they moved the port. I've needed one for about four months but put it off because of the surgery. It's nice to be losing again, and I'm ready to get to another goal. That's the best thing about the band, if you ask me- when you're ready to get moving again, you get a little fill and you're off to the races. I love the feeling of restriction- of eating just a little bit and really not caring about it. The freedom from head hunger is wonderful.

Well, that's my update.

Lisa-I'll call you tomorrow...I can't wait to see how you are!Thanks for the call.

I hope everyone else is doing well...

Megan

Megan,

I hope you dont mind but I found your number on your business web site and sent it to Lisa

I love your new avatar, you look great!

Glad to hear from you and things are going well for you again with your band. Hope to see you at the bash :)

Honey, you look wonderful. It also breaks my heart that I won't be able to join all of you at the Vegas Bash. I am so happy that all of you will get the opportunity to spend time together, but don't worry some how some way I will find a way to get to meet up with you all in the future. I now you all will have a fabulous time and think of us all the little people that didnt' get to go with you physically, but will be thinking of you the whole weekend--WISHING WE WERE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, man, why can't I be a millionaire so I could hop on a plane and come see you guys, boo, hoo..... I tell you what I will come to Vegas some day, I want to visit MESA grill and eat some of Bobby Flay's food, yummy, yummy---I saw the show where he got his restaurant started and no food has ever made me salivate so much. Well, have fun girls, drink one for me..

Megan, Michelle deserves the thanks - she's the one that figured out your number for me :)

I'm waiting for a response from Megan to see how much her plane ticket will be. She's got free room and board at my place, and the SKINNY LITTLE B*#@% certainly can't eat much. GEEZE, Megan, look at your boney face!

Estela, maybe you can start the Pity Party thread this year! Last year a bunch of people that couldn't make it stayed on-line during Saturday's party. We all took turns coming to my computer and posting updates. We'll post pictures almost instantly so those of you that aren't here can really be here!

Estela, maybe you can start the Pity Party thread this year! Last year a bunch of people that couldn't make it stayed on-line during Saturday's party. We all took turns coming to my computer and posting updates. We'll post pictures almost instantly so those of you that aren't here can really be here!

Yes!!! I will definately check in on you all and will be happy to be a part of THAT Pity Party! You all are going to have a blast, I know it. Please check in on us here at LBT!!!!

So glad to see your post, Megan. Glad you are well and losing again!! Please don't dissappear again!!!

Hey everyone. Thanks so much for the kind words. There are many factors to why I might not be able to make it...one, the clutch on my car just went out last week- borrowed money from my dad to get it fixed. Two, I ran out of money right before I got my new job so I'm slowly digging myself out of debt. Three, that weekend is my town's Defeat of Jesse James Days and we always have family that comes in from out of town, and my dad is in the artshow and I always help him get ready and set up. So...I have many things going against me. The only saving grace is that I have an old ticket from American Airlines that I didn't use that is worth some money...but I checked their website and the flights to Vegas are HORRID...as in overnights, or one or two stops. I just don't know. I will decide by Friday.

I just can't say enough about all you great ladies on LBT. Man, I've missed you...

Lisa- the only thing skinny on me is my face. I now look like I have a pinhead. My ass is slowly catching up to my face. You're way taller than me and look way skinnier. Way!

I'll attach the photo here so you can see it big...I still can't believe it's me.

post-203829-13813132089493_thumb.jpg

MY LANDS YOUR LOOKING WONDERFUL!!! I couldn't believe the difference in your face!!! Glad your port revision went well. My port is driving me CRAZY and wish I could get it revised. Best wishes and hugs, Teresa

P.S. Unless I magically settle this stupid car accident settlement (they haven't even started making me an offer and the accident was last december) then I'll be in the pity party brigade too. My only consulation is that I have a 7 night Mexico cruise booked for december. Unfortunately we have had a very expensive summer and spent all of our extra savings (vet bills, emergency type stuff) so now our cruise is payed for but all our spending money is gone... We'll have to figure that one out and once again I'm praying I can get that stupid settlement settled without getting jipped.

Wow, wow, and wow. Did I say WOW? Megan, if can make it, YOUR house key is under the rock and the Jimmy keys are hanging on the hook. I'm a hop from the airport and beds will have clean sheets! Did I mention me and you cruising the Strip on my Harley? Girls, don't forget about the Harley rides! Chris will want to take you up to Mountain Springs or down the Strip. Bring some jeans and sturdy shoes!

You look awesome. It must be so fun to see pictures and realize the change!

I won't be in Vegas this year either. I guess I'll join the pity party if I can. Hubby's birthday is that Thursday and we have a Harley ride to attend that Saturday.

All of you have a wonderful time. Delarla is a wonderful, gracious and beautiful hostess.

There you are, Carol! Girl, you might be in trouble... This year, Las Vegas Angie is bringing on your competition with her famous Shrimp Dip! You made the party famous last year with those Rita's (by the way, I've made them famous in my circle of friends.)

We'll miss you!