Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all December 2008 Bandsters!!

Hi Everyone, I was banded on 12/18 and I am now stuck at 30 lbs. I have had two fills for a total of 4cc's. I have another doctor appt tomorrow and he isnt going to be happy because I didn't lose anything since the last visit which was a month ago. But I really love this band, I just need another fill.

Way to go Mudbug!! I too was size 20/22 prior to surgery and am wearing size 16 now. Size 10 is WHERE I want to BE!! Next dr. appt is May 21; not certain about fill yet. Still having some problems w/food getting stuck & PBing. Not daily but maybe once a week or so. I think it is because I have gotten hungry & when I do eat I am eating too fast/not chewing good enough. We'll see what happens between now & May 21.

Again.....size 10 is awesome!

Hi all, I see that all of you are doing well even though some may not be losing quite as much as hoped. I was banded on 12/19 and am down 52 lbs. While I'm tickled with that my weightloss has stalled for about the last 2 weeks. I've been exercising and continue to do so, and eat as I'm supposed to although my portions are larger than what they've wanted me eatting but, I'm not over eatting, and I'm eatting what they have told me to eat. I can only think that maybe I need to again increase my exercise and hope that this plateau will break. I currently have 5cc in my 10cc band and go back for another fill (if they feel it's needed) on this coming tuesday. I'll see what the nutritionist and doctor say. I just hope I can get the plateau to break so I can pick up the weightloss again.

Got a fill last week on Wednesday, and still didn't think it had done anything--I hadn't previously had any restriction, even though I had four previous fills. Then yesterday, for the first time, I had a MAJOR PB attack, ugh! On a trip and at lunch ordered a salad with chicken, usually a good way to eat and get Protein and not too much bulk, but turned out there was very little chicken on the salad so I didn't get my protein need filled. So I had an early dinner and had a chicken sandwich and just ate the chicken, but that must have been too much food for me, as for the next two hours I was sliming and PBing--disgusting! Odd, since the previous days I had eaten two or three times that amount of food and even tougher food. Today I will just eat light and hopefully get to normal, but I'm glad to be finally getting restriction. Now I just have to learn to know when I have reached the "filled up" point to avoid that messy stuff!

Thanks! The 10's are tight, but I was quite excited to get into them. My goal is to be a 6. I have about 33 more pounds and I'm thinking I should be there.

Hey pfrance! Sorry for the delayed response as I have been on vacation. I really haven't done anything special with my diet. I have just followed instructions given to me by my doctor.

I got my last fill on April 13th, and just like in February, it got swollen and I couldn't get ANYTHING down at all. But I called, and they told me to give it a few days. Boy, am I glad that I did. Now I feel awesome restriction and am starting to drop between 2 and 3 pounds a week again. It is great! I hope to reach my 75 pound goal by the end of May.

After reading everyone's posts, it seems like we are all doing good. I too hit a plateau in February and didn't lose anything for four weeks. One key thing that I always remember is the exercise. I actually went and bought a puppy, and since she has to be walked for a minimum of two hours a day, I can guarantee myself at least two hours of exercise a day!

I'm really glad that we are all doing great! Let's keep it up!

Coming up on 6 months for most of us. TIme for an update!

Coming up on 6 months for most of us. TIme for an update!

In about a week I will have my 6 mo anniversary. I have lost almost 60 pounds. I had a slow start but I am doing good now. I am having a slow and study weight loss. How is everyone else?

In about a week I will have my 6 mo anniversary. I have lost almost 60 pounds. I had a slow start but I am doing good now. I am having a slow and study weight loss. How is everyone else?

I'm in the home stretch finding the last 15 the hardest.

Sounds like several of you are doing great - close to hitting the mark! My loss is very slow now, but have managed to get into a size 14 (was a 22) and that made me feel good. Have still been eating small portions & sticking with fish/chicken, veggies, fruit, etc. but I know I need to ramp up the exercise. Have good restriction after 5th fill.

Pre Surgery Weight: 263

Date of Surgery: 12/17/08 with weight of 241

Current: 196

Goal: 150

Edited by CordovaChick

Everyone is doing great!!!

I too have been going slow and steady. But any weight loss is great so I take it day by day. I go for another fill on 6/8 and am hoping to have some restriction, so far I haven't had any restriction at all. I have weeks that I fluctuate between a few lbs then all of a sudden I lose them and a few more, not sure what my body is doing but as long as I'm going down that's all that counts.

Have a great weekend!

I was banded 12/22 and I have been losing slowly but I'm very happy I have lost 63lbs. I never could of done it without my band I am very happy.:biggrin:

I was banded 12/22 and I have been losing slowly but I'm very happy I have lost 63lbs. I never could of done it without my band I am very happy.:biggrin:

I could have almost posted this exact statement. After a couple of 5k runs, I'm doing a 10k, probably too soon, so maybe I'll drop 2 this weekend.

Congrats to see we are both doing good. Keep going it will pay off.