Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my first fill yesterday.:cry_smile: Got 1.6ccs. It went pretty good. I had to done through / Fluro. My doctor was pretty fun he said don't be shy, let me show you what everything looks like. He gave me a numbing shot which I did not fill at all. The only thing I felt was a little pressure when he was mashing on my stomach. I think he had to stick me a couple of times but I barely felt a little prick. Then they stood me up and had me drink some barium drink. It didn't go down very well so I guess he took some out put some in until he was satisfied with how it was going down. He had me drink some Water and then a little more barium. So I'm on liquids yesterday and today and then he said back to regular food. Regular food? I feel like I have not really had regular food with the exception of chicken since I have been trying to do the Protein thing. The doctor told me to come back and see him in 4 to 6 weeks to see how everything is going. He said not to schedule the next fill yet though until he see's how it's going. I sure hope the fill works and holds. I'm suppose to go out to lunch tomorrow with some friends I sure hope we go somewhere that has Soup or somewhere I can get Breakfast then at least I can have some eggs and sausage. I have not told them about my band.

Good luck to the rest of my fellow bunny bandsters on their upcoming fills.:thumbup:

I had my surgery on April 03 and my first fill on May 05. I have lost 40 lbs since beginning preop diet on March 19. I couldn't tell much about the fill. It must have made a difference because the week before getting the fill , I was starving. I don't know what size my band is but they put in 2 cc and said I had 2 put in at surgery. I didn't know that I had a fill during surgery. I go back on June 04 and they told me what the fill would be but I can't remember what the amount is. I had lost 7lbs between my 2 week visit after surgery and the first fill. I'm looking at 10 lbs from May 05-June 04. ( I HOPE). I started at 279 and this morning I was at 239.

I had my first fill on May 15th. I was less restricted after that then I was before the fill. I go back for a second fill on June 12th. I hope this one works at least a little better.

Today I had my first fill. The doctor gave me 2cc's. I begged for more but he wouldn't budge. The doctor did not numb me. He asked me to do a semi-crunch to tighten my muscles so he could locate the port. He had the needle in but said it was floating around the port. He moved and pressed on the port for about 2 mins and finally got the needle to the correct position. The only pain I had was when he removed the needle from my abdomen.

Today I am on liquids and then tomorrow soft foods. The doctor said I can start reqular foods on Saturday. I have lost 20 pounds since my surgery on 28 April (1 month). I would love to lose more but I know that I need to get out there and exercise. Before today's fill I have been able to eat what I want but I have had smaller portions and have been semi-healthy about my choices.

I hope everyones journey is going well!!

HI everyone, I had posted this in a different spot then decided I should have posted it here so here goes:

OK, so here goes. I went for my appointment yesterday and I got on the scale and I had lost 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks. I met with the nutritionist and we went over what and how much I had been eating so she can see if I am able to eat more than I should and if I needed a fill. Well she thinks I am able to eat more than I should and that I needed a fill. So my Doc asked me if I wanted an adjustment, and of course I said yes. So we go into the "surgery" type room and I have to lay on the table and then they put a pillow under my back. Then he starts pushing on my stomach to find the port and I have to say that it kinda hurt, I guess I am still pretty tender. Now I had told both him and the nurse about my needle phobia and how I am a big baby when it come to needles( and I work in healthcare...go figure). So he says well we will use the smallest needle...HA HA I said there is nothing small about a Huber needle and he just laughed. So then he proceeds to go digging in my belly to get into this port and I almost came up off the table. I grabbed the nurses arm and almost grabbed his but the nurse stopped me in time and said no take hers instead. So he said I had nothing in my band and he put 2cc in. Then they had me sit up on the table and I was pretty woozy ( I have a history of fainting when having my blood drawn and i had this same doc cut 2 boils out of my arm 2 weeks ago and when i pulled the packing out the next day i passed out at home) so the nurse stayed with me and held on to me for a while until I "got my color back". Then I had to drink my Water but I did not feel anything different or what may have felt like restriction. So as of right now I have an appt in 6 weeks for another fill, but if I dont lose 2 pounds per week then I can change it to 4 weeks. But I told him that I hope I never need another one because I dont like that needle...LOL :wub:

First fill (FINALLY) yesterday. 3cc's, one stick, and about 2 min. of my time tops...easy (no pillow, no xray, no fluoro). Haven't noticed a difference, but I never do anything the easy way...I'll be the one who needs 14 fills/unfills to get there. If you want the details I blogged here on LBT yesterday...click HERE.

...and if you're in the mood for a song, I thought I'd share my 'fill' song from the blog before I went:

I'm going for my first fill this morning and wanted to Celebrate...Here's hoping my Doc isn't an hour and forty min. late (thus the verse is fitting) for my appointment again!

Sing to the tune of (play it as you read- Click here):

Why do you fill me up (Fill me up)

Band Check-up, baby just to

let me down (Let me down)

And mess me around

And then worst of all (Worst of all)

You never fill, baby

When you say you will (Say you will)

But I love you still

I need you (I need you)

More than anyone darlin'

You know that I have from the start

So fill me up (Fill me up)

Band Check-up

Don't break my heart

”I'll be over at ten”,

You told me time and again

But you're late,

I wait around and then (bah-da-dah)

I run to the door

I can't take any more

It's not you,

You let me down again

(hey, hey, hey) Baby, Baby, try to find

(hey, hey, hey) a little time,

And I'll make you happy

(hey, hey, hey) I'll be home

I’ll be beside the phone

Waiting for you

ooo-ooo-ooo, ooo-ooo-ooo

And mess me around

You never fill, baby

But I love you still

I need you (I need you)

More than anyone darlin'

Band Check-up

Don't break my heart

:) BG, you're the best! You crack me up! Thank you so much for sharing.

I had my first fill yesterday. No muss, no fuss, but I don't know how much was put in. My Doc didn't tell me and I didn't ask... bad bandster points???

He did tell me " NO red meat, potatoes, rice or bread".

I asked "Is this forever & ever?"

He replied "Pretty much!"

I've had all of the above, more than once :confused:

I went in for my first fill on Monday. My aftercare doc took pictures of my band, inflated it to make sure it was okay. (I had my band placed in Mexico.) After everything checked out, she put in 1.5 cc's then backed it out to .7 cc's. This is the level that Fluid moved threw without being caught up. I have been on liquids and had some soft food.

Dr. McBride instructed me that I could come back in as soon as a month or two. She said normally she does the second fill at 2 months. I am eager to see if I will have restriction. So far, I don't feel to much difference.

I am hoping for restriction, but am not holding my breath. *fingers crossed* :confused: Glad to have the first fill under my belt.

*Silent prayer: Please let me reach a level of restriciton soon, so I can have help with portion control.*

I was banded on 4/6/09 and have had 2 fills so far

2.5cc at surgery

1st 4/30/09 2cc

2nd 5/15/09 1cc

3rd 6/5/09 ?

I got my first fill yesterday. It didn't hurt at all! The worst part was waiting to be seen. My band was empty and she put in 4cc. Sounds like a lot considering what I've been reading but today feels fine. I am on liquids until tomorrow and feel better today. Yesterday I was wiped out, probably because I only had half a Protein Shake and Water. Today I was able to get in Soups and a Protein shake. Lost another 2lbs, I'm so excited! Next fill is scheduled for July 2nd.

Sing to the tune of (play it as you read- Click here):

And mess me around

You never fill, baby

But I love you still

I need you (I need you)

More than anyone darlin'

Band Check-up

Don't break my heart

”I'll be over at ten”,

You told me time and again

But you're late,

I wait around and then (bah-da-dah)

I run to the door

I can't take any more

It's not you,

You let me down again

(hey, hey, hey) Baby, Baby, try to find

(hey, hey, hey) a little time,

And I'll make you happy

(hey, hey, hey) I'll be home

I’ll be beside the phone

Waiting for you

ooo-ooo-ooo, ooo-ooo-ooo

And mess me around

You never fill, baby

But I love you still

I need you (I need you)

More than anyone darlin'

Band Check-up

Don't break my heart

HOW FUNNY!!!! I love it!! :redface:

OK, so I posted my fill that happened last wed ( 1 week ago exactly). Well today at the hospital where I work was a lap band informational meeting and a friend/old coworker that I had not seen in probably 3-4 years was going. So I ran up there like 5 min before it was supposed to start and my surgeon was outside the conference room and he stops me to talk. He asked how my nausea was (this was like 2 weeks ago, I cant believe he even remembers) and how I was doing. So I told him that since I had the fill last week I cant tell any difference. He asked if I had lost any weight and I told him only 1 pound since last Wed. So he says to come on in for another adjustment..... Well my original appointment was for 6 weeks after my first fill but he did say if I had not lost at least 2 pounds per week that I could bump it up to 4 weeks. But now he said to come in basically any time :redface:. I kind of have mixed feelings about it though because of my needle anxiety. I think I will wait at least 1 more week and see if it gets any better and if not then I guess I will be moving tha appointment up. But I just have to say... I LOVE MY SURGEON :) It does not hurt that I think he is really cute too...LOL

You've been humming that tune all day, haven't you...LOL...thanks.

my first fill appt was today but he didn't do one. i have lost 32 pounds since my surgery 6 weeks ago and 11 of those have been in the past 7 days. i had zero restriction after the surgery but when i started working out at the gym, it seemed to have tightened things up and now i have great restriction.

kate

weight.png