Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first fill on friday. i found out that i had 2 cc in already and was given 1 additional cc. i have a sinus infection so the PA wouldn't do more than 1 cc because the mucus can clot you off. i kinda feel the difference when eating. i get to see my doc tomorrow.

good luck my fellow bandsters,

sandy

OK WARNING!!!!!! If your Dr. is conservitive regarding diet DO NOT get a fill before an event or holiday!!!!!

I got my fill today and it wasn't to bad apparently my port is right under the part of my incision that hasn't healed yet. Dr went in to the skin to the side and went at the port from an angle. He did have to move the needle around a bit but it wasn't to uncomfortable. He sat me up put in 4cc's I drank and could feel the Water in my throat and air bubble came out and the Water went down he thougth that was to tight backed me off a little still the same result and backed out a little more I ended up with 3cc's. I'm not sure if that feels comfortable (not really sure how it should feel) but didn't want him to back out to much because I don't want to be hungry in 3 days.

Here's the bad part crystal light, water and other low/non calorie liquids and 2 Protein shakes for 2 weeks.......

Week 3 & 4 same as above but I cna have 3 60cc "soup meals" a day (glad you asked) make the Soup drain liquid through strainer into sink and eat the noodles or meat and vegetables.

Week 5 & 6 Same as 1 & 2 but add "soft meals", softe meals are yougurt, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, Peanut Butter etc....

Weeks 7 & 8 Same as 1 & 2 plus three Protein meals per day 60cc's of tender meat, fish, eggs....

No carbs after week 6.

This will be the cycle for every fill session.....I see him in 8 weeks for my next fill

Long story short our weekend in Ohio is messed up because I got my fill today :redface:

I attached the diet...

FillInstructions.doc

Holy freeholy JT! Now you've got me scared...I never asked anyone about the diet following fills! OK, I had the strictest post-op diet of anyone I could find in our April group...3 weeks of Clear Liquids and skim milk, 400-450 cals/day. I'm guessing I won't be eating again after fills! Was your post-op diet pretty strict? I've never seen anyone have such an elaborate post-fill diet plan. 8 week plan...and 'no carbs' after week 6...like EVER again??!! Did you even have an 8 week plan post op?!!! Sorry, but I just can't get over this!

The good news is he offered you 4cc's, and even the 3 that you got is a big first fill! Here's hoping your restriction stays.

Thanks for the warning...I'm going to call and ask!

JT that seems rediculous in my opion but what does that count.

I went today for my second fill. I go on clear liguids for 2 days, then mushies for a week then to regular food. If I am hungry they let me on regular food earlier. My regular diet consists of 6-7 oz Protein a day, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, and 1-2 starch. That is suppose to be lifetime.

My first fill in realize I thought was 4.5 is what he said..... then today when I asked how much he said 4.5 so now I am confused. They will have my chart back in the main office tomorrow and they will call and let me know how much I really have. He thinks with realize band restriction comes 5-8cc. I was able to have 1.5 cups Soup after fill, and 16 oz crystal light this afternoon and I didn't feel a thing.... They say when back on solids is when I will probably notice it more. If I don't have restriction in 2 weeks I will call for another fill.

Holy freeholy JT! Now you've got me scared...I never asked anyone about the diet following fills! OK, I had the strictest post-op diet of anyone I could find in our April group...3 weeks of Clear Liquids and skim milk, 400-450 cals/day. I'm guessing I won't be eating again after fills! Was your post-op diet pretty strict? I've never seen anyone have such an elaborate post-fill diet plan. 8 week plan...and 'no carbs' after week 6...like EVER again??!! Did you even have an 8 week plan post op?!!! Sorry, but I just can't get over this!

The good news is he offered you 4cc's, and even the 3 that you got is a big first fill! Here's hoping your restriction stays.

Thanks for the warning...I'm going to call and ask!

My postop diet was suppose to be stricter than I did...First 2 weeks was clear liquids per the Dr when I got released at my 2 week followup I asked him about full liquids then mushie etc and he said you go the plan just follow that and so I went to full liquids for about a week then to mushie but had an issue with things not passing through so then I started trying different foods to see how they were and had no issues.

If I understood the medical assistant correctly I can expedite this plan a bit but that doesn't help this weekend when we go to the party for my otherhalf's niece and our visit to my mom's I guess mom and my other half will have to go to dinner and I'll stay home....:redface:

Yes I ws suprised that his fill was so generious I hope I can figure out how it should feel from this fill for the next one. I kind of wish the 4cc's had been left in but not sure if I still have to much restriction at 3cc liquids are going down so I guess it's fine just wonder if the 4 would have been ok but I didn't know how to tell...

Edited by JayTee562
added comment

Wow JT, I would still be in tears right now if my doctor told me that. My fill is the day after Memorial day so I guess that's the bright side. But if my doctor give me a diet like that I don't know what I will do. Although I already can't have Pasta or rice for 6 months, but I can live with or should I say without those. But back to liquids for 2 weeks? I'd be happier at week 3 and 4 then I would at 5 & 6. By the time week 8 gets here you may almost already be at your goal.

Well my first fill is tomorrow and I sure hope there's at least some restriction. I want to lose as much as I can before my Disney trip! The only bummer is that Saturday is my anniversary and then of course there's Memorial Day. As far as I know I'll be on full liquids - creamy Soups and such - during that time. Oh well, it's more important to lose the weight then 'party' right?

hey everyone,

Congrats on getting filled, hopefully we will all get to our sweet spot soon!

I got filled today and I have 5.2 cc in my 10cc AP band. Apparently, I had 4cc in from surgery so they added 1.2. It really suprised me that I had that much in my band, as I have been ravenous since starting on solid foods. I have even gained about 4lbs back=(...I am hoping that the 5.2 will help my hunger abate and I will begin losing again. It is a bit scary to realize that even with 4cc I was able to gain so much weight. I hoping that this isn't a sign that the band won't work for me. For those of you getting fills soon- I wish you good luck!

weight.png[/img]

Holy Cow! I'm so jealous of some of you on your third fill already...with restriction...YAY! I don't get my first fill until June 2 and have 0 in my 10cc band now. I can eat anything and don't have to chew any differently than normal...Bandster Hell...oh well, I knew it would come. I should have asked how much he puts in at the first fill...knowing my conservative doc it will probably be less than 3cc which is only enough to fill the port and the tubing...so nothing again in the band. Does your restriction feel just like it did after surgery?

My restriction has gone now boooooooo hoooo

However, it didnt feel like after surgery really. I mean I was full quicker, but I still have been feeling hunger. NEEEDDDD MORE FILL.

My 1st fill is today. I can't wait since I have been hungry everyday. I have not lost any weight in 3 weeks (very sad), so hopefully, the fill will help me out some.

What do you guys normally eat in a day?

Thanks,

Alisa

My restriction has gone now boooooooo hoooo

However, it didnt feel like after surgery really. I mean I was full quicker, but I still have been feeling hunger. NEEEDDDD MORE FILL.

I have heard that after the fill you will feel tight a few days then not again. It is too bad the fills aren't right the first time and stay that way. I think we would all be happier.

Sherry

Just came back from getting my first fill! Got 4ccs. It wasn't bad at all, they laid me on a bed and used an x-ray thingy to find the port and watch the band as they filled it and gave me a barium drink to drink. I got to see it go down into my pouch and stuff - very cool! Yes, I'm a geek. Only pain was from the injection to numb the area. My port is lower than I thought with the feeling of something nudging my ribs so I'm guessing that's the tube maybe.

Anyway all looks good, on Clear Liquids the rest of today then a week of full liquids then I can move on from there. Am scheduled for my 2nd fill on June 24, the day after we get back from Disney so that's fine. Hoping for a good drop in weight between now and then - especially with all the walking at Disney!

I was scheduled for my first fill on June 9th. I'm still on Mushies but am scheduled to start solids on Mon. Well, I couldn't even tolerate my mushies diet and it seemed to be getting worse. I called the doc and yesterday I actually went in for an UNfill. She took 3.2ccs out of my band leaving 0.5ccs. I'll probably be starving now like the rest of you, but it beats having chest pain everytime you try to swallow. I wasn't even getting 600cals in and averaging 3-4 glass of Water. Even the water hurt. THere was no way I was going to be able to tolerate solids. The PA told me liquids and really soft foods for 3 days. So far I've had protien shakes, yogurt, Peanut Butter and scrammbled eggs. I feel sooooo much better. I've been a little hungry but not ravenous. And worse comes to worst, I'll be back in 2 1/2 weeks and they can put some saline back in. I will be sad to see my weight-loos slow down though. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with a nice steady loss even without mmy band choking me half to death.

Hi guys! My first fill is coming up on Thursday and I'm getting really nervous. Not so much about the needle, but about the scale. What the heck is it going to say???? I don't want to get back on our scale, especially since I made a pact not to get on the scale more than once a week (and then only on Fridays for weigh in). I guess since I went up last week, I'm a bit nervous. Also, I have NO restriction AT ALL! Even last week I had some restriction. Now, I just eat whatever the heck I want. And I'm craving the bad stuff now. I'm trying hard to stay good, but man, it's tough...I just wish the day would come and then go.

JT, I'm so sorry to hear about your diet. Seems kinda crazy to me (over-kill). You can always eat ahead of time and then just drink fluids at the event. Hang in there and keep us updated...

I jsut got my first fill today...I'm supposed to be on liquids for 2 days and then mushies for 2 days. I think this is how the weight loss happens...so many days without real food!

I drank some Water in the office and I felt it go down slowly. I also had Soup and apple juice at lunch...I can feel it going down but it does go down. However, I have a bit of pain in my chest and my shoulders...is that normal?