Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days to go and I cheated HELP!

Hello everyone

I am scheduled for surgery on Wed. 4/15. I was to do Optifast for a week- but I cheated all throughout- instead of doing 6 shake a day, I would do 2 or 3 and then eat. I didn't do as bad as I could have but lots of Snacks..candy and chips during the week. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be Clear liquids only. I pray all will be fine and I am buckling down all day today. I am on vacation all week so all i am going to do is stay in the house, have my tea, lemon Water, SF Jello and SF popsicles..I also have some dieter's laxative senna tea. I will probably go to bed early and just expect all to be fine. BTW, I am about 314#. My highest wt is 328.

Any suggestions for surviving the clear days? I am starving and tired now.

Not to be neggative, but you really need to buckle down and become commited to the preop diet. It is for your own safety, as you really don't want to go through all this for your doctor to open you up and not be able to do the surgery. You can do this, but you have to become determined. You only have a few days left before your BIG day, you really need to stick with it through this short period of time.

Hang in there and do your best today -

minute by minute -

only YOU can do this -- and YES, you can!!!

:smile:

Hi there, just wanted to let you know I did the same thing:confused:

It was very hard, BUT I made sure I stuck to the diet 2 days before, I have heard of people being cancelled because of not sticking to it:ohmy:

Don't beat yourself up, I had Wendys 2 days before:w00t:

good luck, you will be fine

Call your surgeon and tell him. Depending on your situation you may be ok, or because of your liver you may need to postpone.

You need to discuss it with the doctor's office. Otherwise you could go for the surgery, wake up and find that the doc couldn't do it because your liver was still too large and therefore in the way.

Good for you for admitting this. Now, call your Dr. and tell him/her what you have done. He may decide to push it out another week. Understand the reason for the preop diet is to shrink your liver, which sits over the stomach. If the liver is too fatty or large, it makes the surgery more difficult and the recovery tougher.

You can do this. You CAN! Call the Doc now!

Thanks for everyone's replies. I made it through day 1 of clears- tea, lemon Water, 2 jellos and a popsicle for a total of 25 calories. I got outside and walked some with my daughter too. My scale is down 5# since Sat. so I think I may be okay. I didn't call my doc's office. I think I will be okay because I think I still kept my calories reasonable throughout the week. Wish me luck everyone....tomorrow is my big day!!:)

Thanks for everyone's replies. I made it through day 1 of clears- tea, lemon Water, 2 jellos and a popsicle for a total of 25 calories. I got outside and walked some with my daughter too. My scale is down 5# since Sat. so I think I may be okay. I didn't call my doc's office. I think I will be okay because I think I still kept my calories reasonable throughout the week. Wish me luck everyone....tomorrow is my big day!!:)

I lost 15 pounds dieting "my" way instead of what doc told me to do and my liver was too thick. Seriously just because you lost doesn't mean you lost it in your liver! You really should tell your surgeon....because you didn't just have "a meal" or whatever. Your call; but I can tell you it's not fun to come to in recovery and not have the band. I wish I'd told my doc and we'd put it off a week or two.

I agree with RM but as I just found this, I'm figuring you're already having or had surgery.

Umm, another thought, and I'm going to be blunt. :rolleyes2: If you can't stick to the pre-op diet, what makes you think you can stick to the post-op diet? That is also VERY important- to healing and setting the band. If you blew off the pre-op, what's to say you're not going to take an equally serious post-op process and throw it out the window?

Ya gotta get your head straight about this. The band won't help the head stuff.

I really hope your surgery went well. Take care. Follow your surgeon's orders and let us know how you're doing!

Best wishes!!

Thanks for everyone's replies. I made it through day 1 of clears- tea, lemon Water, 2 jellos and a popsicle for a total of 25 calories. I got outside and walked some with my daughter too. My scale is down 5# since Sat. so I think I may be okay. I didn't call my doc's office. I think I will be okay because I think I still kept my calories reasonable throughout the week. Wish me luck everyone....tomorrow is my big day!!:rolleyes2:

I hope everything went great for you yesterday!!

We wanna hear how you are feeling....good luck Zetanett

I made it!!:rolleyes2: So I'm walking into the hospital yesterday morning and lo and behold who is behind me but my lovely petite little surgeon- Dr Wynn! She said Hey are you ready? I said Yes, but I am nervous because I cheated on my Optifast. She smiled jokingly and said Shame on you. Then she said Ok I will see you soon.... So anyway I went in to the prep area and got on the scale. I was 305.1!! HELLO! That means a 9.5 pd. drop in 12 days....with the cheats - so imagine if I didn't cheat. Anyway, I had a hiatal hernia which she fixed. I did not get all the painful gas feelings until today. I am on Vitamins, Lovenox- a blood thinner I have to inject myself each day with, and some medicine for my gall bladder. Who knew this band would entail so many little extras? I am so mindful of what I can out in my body because already I have experienced the painful tightness that comes from drinking Water too fast.

Anyway, thanks for your input everyone and I am happy to finally be a bandster:thumbup:

So glad everything went so well! Congratulations!

Take it easy and rest!

Best wishes on your recovery!! :rolleyes2:

Hi ... I hope that all is going well with your new band! It was brave to come to the site and confess - but I'm so glad it worked out for you. I was puzzled about one thing you wrote... they want you to do Lovanox injections on your own at home? Is that a common thing with this surgery? I guess I could do it if I have to, but I didn't expect that would happen.

My surgery is wed... YIKES!! - judy