Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Come On SC!

Hello everyone,

My name is Maria, and i used to live in Columbia S.C., but now live in Atlanta Georgia.

I would love to talk to y'all anytime. I have not had the surgery yet, but have my counsultation with the surgeon tomorrow.

Please pray for me.

Maria

Hey Janet,

How are things coming along with you? I hope the tye dye went well! lol I have one of those 6 year olds you are talking about and they can sure be a handful! :)

Guess what I had to do! I had gallbladder surgery on Thursday! WOOT! Let me tell ya, it was very easy! I can't believe how well I am feeling after going under like that. Pretty crazy stuff. They said its the rapid weight loss that did it to me. So... Oh well. It is out of me and I am feeling much better.

I hope you are coming along well on your lapband journey. Keep me informed on what is going on and if there are any questions I can answer. I am full of answers I guess! :) I will try my best.

Angie

Wow, Angie, this was an unexpected surgery? Ouch! But at least it's over with, huh? Was the incisions similar to lapband, or?

Are you guys still meeting in Charlotte next week? I need to take a look at the NC post to see what the plan is....there's a chance I may go visit my friend in Charlotte that had lapband on 11/22. If I'm up there at the same time as your mtg, I may join ya.

I'm still on for 1/31....have to start liquids 5 days before that, I will be pulling my hair out, I think. Have been doing some research on best Protein supplements, etc....I tried a sample from my dr's office by Vitalady. OK, let me run....kids running around my feet! I'll look for the mtg info!

Hey guys! I am currently in New Mexico but, we are moving to Charleston in May. My hubby is in the Air Force. I would love to meet people from around SC. I dont have much of a support group here. It is sad but it seems like in my doctors office if you didnt go the bypass route, well you are an outcast. They are extremely pleasant and all but it seems like they try to apply all rules for bypass to banding and that is just not the case. ( Sorry, got on a tangent) Anyway, I am famliar with parts of SC already. My husband is from the Greenville area and we also have famliy in Columbia. I look forward to talking to you guys and if you have any suggestions for bariatric doctors in the area please let me know! Thanks!

Welcome, you guys! Good to see ya!

Leigh Ann, the SC thread is a bit thin (no pun intended)...so it's great to see someone that's moving here, LOL! The NC thread has quite a bit of followers, and very nice people....so I jump over there every now and then. I'd love to get something going like they do (meet once-a-month), closer to home. I live in Myrtle Beach. Let's keep in touch, and maybe plan something after you get settled in! When were you banded? My surgery date is 1/31...getting nervous! Plus my dr requires 5 days of liquids pre-op....I'm going to be one miserable person for 5 days!

Maria, how did your consultation go? Welcome to the group!

Angie, feeling okay after last week's surgery?

Have a good Sunday everyone!!!

Hey, Yes Ma'am! I am feeling awesome right now. Getting ready for the Panther's game! WOOT!

I know you can't wait for your surgery. I am excited for you. The incisions were actually smaller than the lapband one's and I bounced back quicker. I couldn't believe it.

Good luck on your move to Charleston! It would be nice to get a group going in South Carolina. Once in a while I wouldnt mind traveling to meet some people. Let me know if you can get people together and I will come.

Our get together in Charlotte is on the 28th of Jan. at TGIF up in Concord NC. It is right above Charlotte. Let me know if you can come that would be awesome!

TTYS!

Angie

Guest CarmenSC

Hi there!!!! I'm glad I found you guys. I need all the help I can get. I am scheduled for a Lap RNY on the 16th of Feb. Since I got my date my surgeon has started doing the Lap band...Well,,,,,he's doing his first this Wed. here in Columbia. I trust him so if that's the route I choose then I'm ok with him being new at it. They have become nationally known for their RNY's. I have an appt today to discuss changing my procedure to the lap band but I'm still so undecided. The weight loss seems to be so much slower and I'm scared I will be discouraged and fail. ANY advice would be helpful...Thanks so much, Carmen

That is awesome Carmen! Keep us updated on how you are doing. It is so exciting when you get your date and it will be here before you know it. I had mine done back in June and have lost 52 pounds so far. I have 50 more that I want to get rid of and will be getting my first fill next month. It is so exciting to see the changes in yourself and you are going to do great.

Let me know if you would like to join us in Concord for lunch this Saturday. I believe we are meeting around 11:30 in the morning? I will check and see. If anyone is interested let me know we are trying to get a head count so we can warn the restaurant. Looks like a good group this time. Hope to see you.

Angie

Guest CarmenSC

Angie, Thanks so much for the invite! I wish I could come but I have to work Friday and Saturday nights. I am a nurse and work twelve hour nights. My Doctor had given me the name and number of a nurse in GA. That is coming with the Dr. who is assisting them with their first cases tomorrow and she was very helpful. I've been so back and forth since deciding to do the banding instead of the RNY. I guess I'm scared that I will get discouraged, but she was very helpful. I am more comfortable in my decision this morning. Sounds like your progress has been great. I look forward to getting this weight off. She said that there is an average weight loss but that it's really up to the individual. She also helped make up my mind when she said they have 150 patients right now who have had the band put on after the RNY. I'm only doing this once!!!!

Thanks again for the invite. Hopefully I'll be able to meet with you guys soon. Feb 16th is coming fast. Carmen

I am a new bandster here in SC I live close to Seneca and a bout 25 mins from Clemson I was banded 12-19/05 and so far have lost 30 pounds!!!!!!!! (only 100 more to go!! LOL) Look forward to learning and losing with everyone! :cake:

Hi,

I was Banded on Jan. 10, 2006 by Dr. Balder with Advanced Surgical Associates. My Surgery was done at Conway Hospital where I stayed overnight. I have lost 25 Lbs. so far and am going for my 2 Week Check-Up today. So far I have not had any problems with my Band, other than I am getting a little tired of the liquid Stage of the Post-Op Diet. Dr. Balder sent me home with Pain and Nausea Meds. I only had 1 of the Nausea pills and very few of the Pain pills. sleeping on my Back for a while was not fun, being that sleeping on my Stomach was my favorite position, but now I am able to sleep any way I want.

Just wanted to let you know there are some other South Carolina Banders out there! :nervous

Blondiee9584

This is awesome! I have been around here since March of last year and I am so happy to start seeing some SC people come on here. Good job to the both of you for your weight loss! That is awesome! It will just keep getting better and better. I have lost 52 pounds since June. It is an awesome feeling. We may need to find somewhere to meet. I wonder how far everyone is from each other? I am in the Piedmont of SC, I am about 20 minutes from Charlotte. I have lived here for 4 years now and love it. Alright well keep me posted on your progress lets keep talkin!

Angie

Carmen sorry you cant make it. It does seem like you work hard and long hours. Maybe next time you can. If there is anyone else interested in meeting up this Saturday up in Concord NC let me know. We have a good group going on up in Charlotte.

Angie

Hi guys! Great to see all the SC bandsters! I am in West Union SC about 15 mins from Seneca and about 25 mins from Clemson. Wish me luck today, I am going to go and buy some smaller pants!!!!!!! And underwear - no one really ever talks about that! LOL:rolleyes: But to me it is a great feeling that all my panties are too big as well! I have decided to only buy a few things as I hope to keep on loosing!! Thoughts - Jennifer