Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are all the March 09 Lucky Losers doing? Updates everyone!

I'll check in as the pissed one. I feel fine and have had no problems,I have a fill on Mon. and I do have some worries about that. My issues to list are, little weight loss since surgery, sticking to the plan; have gone down a pant size and that is now lose on me. The big deal is that my taste has changed. I have no real interest in food, I am not hungry and everything seems tasteless. I made tuna for lunch and I got down about an oz. Not because I am full, I just don't like the taste. Last week made fish and couldn't eat any of it. I sat down, looked at it and got up and put it right in the trash. Food doesn't taste like it should or has no taste at all. I can't even stand the taste of my liquid stuff. The best thing is I feel good so the other stuff doesn't matter.

I feel great and everyone says I look great...but the scale seems to be broken over here. :thumbup:

The majority of my weight was lost with the pre-op diet and I'm still trying to figure out what my body wants right now as far as calories go - for the ideal weight loss phase.

My first fill is the end of the month. Right now I'm making good food choices and eager to see the scale move.

Good Luck to all,

Malissa

hi all.

started opti fast 3/11: 273

day of surgery 3/25: 263

today 4/10: 252

no complaints. it's about what i expected. my first fill is 4/24, which is 30 days post surgery.

Glad everyone is doing well so far!

I was banded on 3/23. Had tonsss of nausea and gas trouble. Stayed out of work for 10 days but am now feeling almost 100%. I still feel that I get kind of worn out during my work day and taking my dogs on a walk really gets me tired, but I think that's fairly normal.

Lost 15 on pre-op and have lost 10-12ish since surgery.

I was able to start "real" food 2 weeks pre-op so I've been doing that for this week, and I'm glad I'm done with liquids (mostly anyway). My real foods basically just consist of Protein, just like my post-op. I can try fruits, veggies and carbs after my first fill which is scheduled for May 7th.

I have not had much trouble eating. I definitely have restriction going on, and I have to go super slow when I eat. I PB'd the other day on chicken and it taught me to pay more attention while eating, that's for sure! I can manage about 3-4 oz of Protein at a time and I find myself satisfied for quite a while. I hope that lasts! We'll see.

I am on my last week of 'soft' foods and it's been 5 weeks since my surgery. I'm down 22lbs but the scale hasn't moved for 2.5 weeks. I'm going for my first fill on the 19th and hopefully that will kick it into gear. I'm working on will power alone but I will say I'm not all that hungry so 3/4 to 1c of food is good for me. I've been exercising somewhat but nothing regular yet and only walking. I know I need to kick it up. Good job to everyone!

I was banded 3/30/09- lost 7.5 pounds so far. Struggling to get enough Water in. I dont know if anyone else is having this problem, but it seems to be hard for me when I go out to dinner w/ someone, and try to concentrate on eatting my cottage cheese slow enough. I'm so used to being able to just shove it in and swallow, ya know? Anyways, all is well here though. I'm down 15.5 pounds from my 5 days of clear liq pre-op diet. Yay!

Hi all....I was banded 3/23 and since I started the preop diet on 3/13 I've lost about 23 pounds. This week I've been dealing with an infected incision and had to start antibiotics. Hope it heals soon!

I am on mushy stuff now and not having any problems. I have been eating very little though and am not sure how much restriction I actually have. I stop eating mainly for fear that I might eat too much and wind of hurting. I don't get hungry very often and at times must remind myself to eat. I never thought that would be possible! I am a little worried that I might not be getting enough Protein in.

It's nice to see the updates of those banded around the same time!

Doing ok, feel ok most of the time. I'm down about 18 lbs. I'm eating about 1000 calories a day and walking 30 minutes a day. I get hungry sometimes especially in the evening but when I eat I get gassy. So I'm trying to eat much slower.

Banded 3/25

Ive lost about 11-13 pounds but that was all within the first 10 days after surgery, since then nothing:cool:

I feel No restriction so it has been very difficult to keep my eating in check.

Im not sure when my first fill is, I will find out this Monday. I really hope the fill makes a big difference:sneaky:

Please keep checking in, it's gret to hear from everyone

I was banded on the 3/26 and things went well. Dealt with the gas pain for the first week or so after surgery but I realized yesterday that it has been several days since I'd had any. I'm down about 33 pounds total. So far I've been satisfied with about a cup of food at a time. I'm not starving yet but I know that it may still come before I get my first fill on 4/28.

I graduated to mushy food so I'm getting to eat things that are a little more substantial. I write down everything I eat to help me keep track. Honestly, after surgery I realized I didn't really know what 1 serving of food looked like. So now I measure and am slowly learning.

It sounds like we're all in similar situations. I, too, am looking forward to my first fill. Although right now I can still take pretty big sips of things without a problem. I need to be working on that so I'm ready for the fill.

Congratulations to everyone's successes! Looking forward to many more.

Hi All,

I was banded March 4th am doing good. My doctor is very conservative with the progression to solids, so I'm still on mushies going to soft food soon. I have not restriction that I know of, but I have not pushed things. I've lost 24lbs since surgery, so I'm pleased. I have been exercising 45 minutes (speed walking) about 4-5 minutes a day. I eat around 1200 cal. a day. I'm overseas for a work assignment for 5 weeks, so it has been hard finding the right food when you eat out almost every meal......but I did bring alot of food with me. I have my fill schedule the day after I return.....May 1st.

Good Luch everyone........let's check in again next month.

I was banded on 3/27 and I am down about 17 pounds. I feel really good. I am starting on soft foods today! Yay!!

I am doing great! I have lost 15 pounds since surgery just went to my first post op appt on Tuesday the 7th. I am down 35 pounds overalll. I FEEL amazing!!!! I have so much energy, even though I am only still eating a small amout! It is incredible...1/2 can of tuna and I am FULL. I dont go back on solids for another 2 weeks, on the 23rd of April. My incisions are great...only 2 one below my breastbone from the liver clamp, and the other is a horseshoe cut inside my bellybutton. My doctor did a SIL. The port is above and just a little to right of my bellybutton. I can already feel it. This is only the begining. I can not wait for how wonderful I am going to feel once more weight starts coming off.

I have also posted some pictures, please go to my profile and look at them and let me know what you think.

Thanks to all of the people on this website for all of the help and support you are to everyone who is on there. For some good light hearted reading check out my blog:

ajourneytoachange.blogspot.com

Hi everyone,

I was banded on 3/4 and feeling great! I am down about 20 or pounds. I am walking about 2 miles every other day and feeling great! I do seem to have issues with swallowing foods though.....nothing is getting stuck per say nor am i throwing up..but sometimes it feels like things go down very slowly...and im not talking about meat...this happens with applesauce!..but other than that I am fine...energy is good as tolerating foods well. I have been slow to transition to regular foods but i try something new each week. I get my first fill at the end of the month which is a good thing because I find myself eating more to get full. Good job everyone and lets keep it up!