Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month post op,, where were you at?

I'm 1 month today and feeling pretty great.. I've lost about 14 since surgery as of a few days ago and am back to exercising, Water aerobics, 40 to 60 minutes 5 days a week.

I'm eating reg food for the most part and haven't had any real cravings for anything since the first week.. My calories are around 950 to 1200 with 60 grams of Protein. I was only eating about 900 calories and wasn't losing anything and felt physical pain throughout my whole body most of the day and knew I needed to do something different.

I haven't binged or eaten anything bad, but am still concerned to some point that I am eating more then a cup of food per meal, at least at dinner time,, I chew everything to liquid, but hope I haven't stretched my pouch.. I can eat anything,,, except red meat and white and untoasted breads.. I've had a total of 5 pieces of multi grain toast in a month,, and had Pasta twice and rice once... the multi grain pastas didn't bother me at all but the rice gave me cramps.. The only other thing that bothered me was oatmeal! I've eaten it almost everyday for years and now I can't even swallow it without gagging and have no idea why.. I am eating salad and wondered if anyone else is?

I am scheduled for my first fill on April 13th and actually can't wait... I think it will help to talk with the doctor about where I'm at..

hope everyone is well

I'm looking forward to being where you're at. Still waiting for my surgery date. Sounds like you're off to a great start.

I was banded on March 12, 09...had to do pre-op liquid for two weeks...I'm -35 pounds today. Blood sugar and blood pressure have been normal and below since two days out of surgery. I feel grea, am into clothes I haven't been able to wear for two or three years past! They're like new. I'm loving the band, not craving anything and have no desire to 'cheat' for any reason. Wish I had done this 10 years ago~

When you started mushy food, did your weight loss stop for any length of time? I lost 8 lbs the first week......nothing since I started the mushy stuff.

HI everyone, I was banded on 3/5, one month ago today. I am down 14# since the surgery, 29 lbs from my highest weight. I just started eating solid foods today. I have had salad with lettuce and cucumbers, no problem and a couple of small (slider size) hamburgers. I am supposed to be eating 3 meals a day with a small snack. Today I did have those 3 meals, I had some crackers between BF and lunch and then after dinner (in which I had wedding soup) I had some sugar free pudding and fat fee whipped cream. I do feel full if I eat slowly, have not had a problem with ANY food and am taking in nowhere near the amounts that I was consuming pre surgery. I am also watching portion size.

I am scheduled for my first fill on 4/16. I hope I get something in the way of a fill. I do feel hungry, not ravenous like before, but sometimes some strong hunger. I try to drink Water or Crystal light and it usually helps to take the edge off the hunger.

Best of luck to everyone.

Mary

I'm 3-1/2 weeks out from surgery (March 10). I lost 15.5 on the preop diet and have lost 10 since surgery. My weight has been the same or up and down the same 1 pound in the last 2 weeks. I was eating about 6 ounces at a meal.

My surgeon told me I may likely gain some weight back before my first fill on 4-22., but he thought I was doing great. However, he said if I was able to stay with 6 ounces a meal I would continue to lose. Since that wasnt happening I talked with my dietitian. She thinks I am eating too little - 900-1000 calories a day. She encouraged me to eat 1100-1200 and see what happens. I've increased my meals to 8 ounces, still feel comfortable with that amount. Now that I know I am getting plenty of Protein in I need to back off on my meat portions and get more fruits and veggies in - am going to try 4 oz of Protein, 2 oz of veggies, 2 oz of fruit. Have started to feel my hunger returning this week a bit. I'm starting to feel hungry between meals at times.

I really have not had any problems with any food at this point. I feel very satisfied after 6-8 ounces. At first it was more a feeling of losing interest in what I was eating, but now I am sensing what the new "full" may feel like.

I was banded March 11th. I lost 4 lbs pre op (i only had to do it for 5 days prior to surgery) and 21 since surgery. I'm on a pretty strict diet compared to a lot of folks. I have to wait til I'm 30 days out to introduce the reg food, I'm still on puree and soft food. The scale did stop when I started on the mushy. I didn't gain anything or lose anything for a week, but then i started walking and that has jump started me losing again. I can tolerate about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food, if i rest and get the hiccups, I know I'm full, hahaha. Good luck everyone!

Hi I was banded 12/03 as well and have found since I went onto mushy foods haven't really lost very much, lost about 22lbs on pre op and liquid.