Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've failed at Lap Band

I have been banded for just about 1 year. I have had 2 fills and throw up about 2 or 3 times a week. All of this would be okay with me if I were loosing weight.

I've lost 25 pounds altogether, including what I lost before surgery. I really thought this would be the answer for me. I've failed at every other diet I've ever tried and I'm a failure at this too.

I'm sad.

Tessa's mom, pls don't get too discouraged yet!! What size is your band? And what are you filled up to? I'm almost one yr myself. I have a 10cc band and am now at 5.5cc's over 4 fills, going for 5th on April 13th. I wonder if perhaps you have gotten too much per fill, too soon? I'm just beginning to have PB'in with my meats, other than that, I still eat anything with no problems. Because of my slow fills, I had the chance to restrict my portions which really helped me. I am now up to 1-2cups per meal, more in evenings. I will say my last 30lbs to go are difficult because of my sweet tooth!

I do understand your frustration. I had to work hard over mind to allow the band to work for me. It is definetley a daily challenge for me to not give up!!

God bless and hang in there.

I would suggest getting in and talking to your lapband doc or nutritionist. The band works. Something isn't going right. I second the suggestion of perhaps too much too soon. I went a long time before PB's. I just went through about 6 months of reflux and finally was so bad I went to the doc...waited too long!! He took all the fill out. I got refilled last week and I can totally feel the restriction. The reflux started about 10-11 months after my last fill. Things change with the band...I have now decided it is important to keep in contact with the doc and and support team to figure out why things are not working.

Best of luck

I would get in to see your surgeon. You should not be throwing up 2-3x per week, that is not normal. Don't give up yet! Until you can get in, really watch what you are eating and make sure you really chew well. Let us know how it goes!

tessasmom, please dont feel this way. i will help you out as much as i can.

but first please tell me the truth to this questions.

what have you been eating?

have you been going to support group meets?

have you keep in touch with your surgeon?

are you getting in the right amount of Protein a day?

are you working out at least 3 times a week for at least an hour at a time?

theres more to ask but please tell me this things first. im willing to help anyone out if they let me. if you was close to me i would come and help you out. you can pm me and we can talk there if you dont want to talk about it out in the open. i have alot of people on here talk about diets, support,etc.. in pm's with me. so please dont give up yet. by all means your not failed. you just need a boost!

jason r

don't be sad, be angry enough to find out why this isn't working!! i wonder if u have had a slipped band, or maybe theres some sort of defect with the band NOT you! you need to be an advocate for yourself. March into that surgeons office( call for an appointment heehee) and have him/her figure out what is wrong. this is a tool to help u, not to make u sick. be strong and feel free to send me a message!

amy