Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

As someone whose been to disney 7 times--can i go too?

We plan to go again in about 4 years. Oh and incidently Disney is very large person friendly-they design the rides with larger people in line.

Linda

Hi everyone, I've had a shot at updating Sissy's list of bunny bandsters. If you're getting banded and not on the list, if you're on the list and the date is wrong, if you're a hopeful and have a date, please give a shout.

April 1 = mulderfamily4, Sissyh1006, hhjazzyoo1, BethT1027, lls, kaner, knewme, nataliedg8, Mommad

April 2 = smilan, lingling

April 3 = super_chilli, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1

April 4 = doodlebug11, GoddessNar

April 6 = swishbc, StephOnee, shakia90

April 7 = hopeful41411, mobetter, Trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg365, lindasqd51, marlina

April 8 = ldeere2005, tstanart, Singer B

April 9 = txsandy, NYlady

April 10 = pdburch

April 12 = HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

April 13 = lachdanon, Elayne

April 14 = Suzdavis

April 15 = hannahj914, sylver28, MrsMitch, jukebox81782, (sissy's office mate - are you on here yet??)

April 16 = Jenfs5, scoobydoo, rannah12, vayiayia

April 17 = lapbandgirl2009, lulululu, MissChristina

April 20 = sandi1011, Auddie

April 21 = ThinWithin

April 22 = early, KikstersRT

April 23 = PharmaGirl

April 24 = loulou09, hrtgoeson

April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn, Shrinkerbell

April 28 = rcher, MSan914

April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = Kellster, Band_Groupie, WannaBe1/2TheWoman, Carrie_W, smiletracy

Edited by PharmaGirl

Welcome to all of new weightloss bunnies!

I have a MAJOR problem! Can anyone help? My parents are going away for spring break and will be gone for Easter. They want to have us over for dinner on Sunday :lol: What in the world am I going to do?! No one knows about my surgery. I know I could just tell the truth, but my grandparents are going to be there. I am NOT telling them. My grandmother is a former nurse and VERY opinionated about things. All of these people have said something about my weight, but none of them will be for me doing the surgery.

Any ideas on what to do?!

Ring them on Saturday night and tell them you've got a bad case of gastro (throwing up and diarrhoea) and that you need to eat very simple foods (no rich foods) for 24 hours - ask if there's any chance of just a broth and some steamed veggies for dinner for you.

HOPEFUL 41411,

I know what you mean.. Now I did tell most of my close family but I did not tell my grandmom b/c she is very old fashion. Now my friends is a nurse and I would always tell her things about me getting the banded but I stopped a few weeks ago becasue she is very opinionated and a lil discouraging..So i know how you feel.

Hey Scooby,

I dont start my pre-op till April 2nd. Is your pre-op longer than 14 days? And did you ever get clarification on what your doc wanted for pre-op diet?

Hi,Jen,

I haven't started my pre-op diet yet, just assuming I will when I see the doctor on Tuesday. For all I know it will be 14 days like yours and maybe it will begin on the 2nd also? I am getting more anxious, excited and nervous as it approaches. I just want it over with...been anticipating the surgery forever it seems. Soon as I know what my diet consists of I will let you know so we can compare.:smile2:

:thumbup:Welcome to all the new April bunnies! This is such a great group of people!

I have not told anyone but my husband and older daughters since I am not wanting any questions or weight monitoring, as I have heard from others who tell everyone. Seems like people watch you daily to see if it is "working" or they ask how much you have lost on a daily basis. No thanks. I would rather just keep it to myself and see how that goes. I am not even telling my mom, I know she would be against it and tell me that I don't need to do something so drastic. She would say to have willpower and just diet. Love my mom, but if it was about willpower, I am one of the stubbornest people, I could have done it by now!lol

Here's some better detail if you're having trouble with your banner (like "Bunny Bandsters - April '09" signature line-see below)

1.Left Click HERE and it will bring up a separate Eater Text window with the same Banner below (feel free to change anything on the banner by clicking in the boxes below it, just be sure you don't make it too wide or it will stretch the LBT window past the screen size..if you want to keep the animation moving/different pace use the Animation speed box).

2. Back on you LBT window go to top left and look for 'User CP' (in the top banner) and left click it.

3. Now go down the left column and look under 'Setting and Option' then down to 'Edit your Signature', left click on that.

4. Go back to the Easter Text window and copy the ACTUAL PICTURE (not the link). To Copy something; hold down your left click button and scan across the item until it's highlighted completely (turns blue), then right click on it and a box will pop up (banner should still be blue), now left click on 'Copy'.

5. Go Back to your LBT window. There are three main boxes top to bottom there now. The top one says 'Preview', the middle one says 'Edit Signature' and the bottom one says 'Signature Picture'. Go to the middle box ('Edit Signature')

and in the box there right click on the spot (make a single space for it by pressing Enter or you could get tickers on the same line and it will be too wide) where you want to insert the banner; a box will pop up, now left click on 'Paste'. You should now see the whole banner and it should be animated.

6. Last step...scroll down to the bottom box ('Signature Picture' box) and at the very bottom there are two small gold boxes 'Save Signature' and 'Preview Signature'. Left click on 'Save Signature'. DONE! If you want to preview it before saving you can click that button and view it up in the top 'preview' box at the top, but don't forget to Save when you're done.

Let me know if you need more help. Welcome new Bunnies!!

I really don't want to lie. That's totally not my nature. I am going to tell them about it, but after they get back. I don't want them to feel like they have to miss their vacation because I'm having surgery.

Peggy, I hear ya! I don't want people to wonder how I'm doing either. It will be more fun to be a surprise then have them monitor everything I eat, wear, or do.

Thanks Pharma for updating the list! Wow the Bunnies are multiplying!

On the other thread I was asked where I am from so scoobydo I think it was I am in colorado. I am so very excited to get started. I also dont look forward to telling family members especially my in-laws, I know they will be judgemental. I know I will have to tell them as well. I am a nurse so I know all the medical complications and so forth so I dont want to justify my decision to them. Anyhow glad to be here whoohoo its gonna happen.

Greetings!

Thanks for the invitation Band_Groupie!

My surgery date is April 16th. I have my physical/medical history, pre-op labs and dietician edu class left in my process, all scheduled the week prior to surgery.

I begin my pre-op fast on April 9th, so Easter meal is a bust. i am beginning to purchase some of the stuff I will need pre and post op.

My 5 lb container of unflavored whey Protein isolate powder was delivered today. I like it because isolate Protein is the most absorbable source of protein. The powder can be added to anything I eat or drink and has no added sugar.

I'd love to hear what you all will be consuming during your liquid and full liquid diets.

Anyone else scheduled for April 16th?

Blessings!

Welcome Vayiayia and all the other new April bandsters. Here's a list with dates for those being banded in April. Vayiayia, as you'll see there's a few others being banded on April 16.

[April 1 = mulderfamily4, Sissyh1006, hhjazzyoo1, BethT1027, lls, kaner, knewme, nataliedg8, Mommad

April 2 = smilan, lingling

April 3 = super_chilli, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1

April 4 = doodlebug11, GoddessNar

April 6 = swishbc, StephOnee, shakia90

April 7 = hopeful41411, mobetter, Trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg365, lindasqd51, marlina, Healthydiva50

April 8 = ldeere2005, tstanart, Singer B

April 9 = txsandy, NYlady

April 10 = pdburch

April 12 = HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

April 13 = lachdanon, Elayne

April 14 = Suzdavis

April 15 = hannahj914, sylver28, MrsMitch, jukebox81782, (sissy's office mate - are you on here yet??)

April 16 = Jenfs5, scoobydoo, rannah12, vayiayia

April 17 = lapbandgirl2009, lulululu, MissChristina

April 20 = sandi1011, Auddie

April 21 = ThinWithin

April 22 = early, KikstersRT

April 23 = PharmaGirl

April 24 = loulou09, hrtgoeson

April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn, Shrinkerbell

April 28 = rcher, MSan914

April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = Kellster, Band_Groupie, WannaBe1/2TheWoman, Carrie_W, smiletracy

Edited by PharmaGirl

Greetings!

Thanks for the invitation Band_Groupie!

My surgery date is April 16th. I have my physical/medical history, pre-op labs and dietician edu class left in my process, all scheduled the week prior to surgery.

I begin my pre-op fast on April 9th, so Easter meal is a bust. i am beginning to purchase some of the stuff I will need pre and post op.

My 5 lb container of unflavored whey Protein isolate powder was delivered today. I like it because isolate Protein is the most absorbable source of protein. The powder can be added to anything I eat or drink and has no added sugar.

I'd love to hear what you all will be consuming during your liquid and full liquid diets.

Anyone else scheduled for April 16th?

Blessings!

Welcome...wo-hooo April 16th is growing every day. Now we have Maryland, Virginia, Texas, Colorado and Cali on the board.... we are just spread out all over... :smile2:

good luck to us all..............

Hi All,

Does anyone know anything about a pin# for ticker access. I don't remember creating a pin and now cannot access my ticker for updates.

I'd be just as happy if someone can tell me how to delete my current ticker, then I'll just create a new one.

Thanks!