Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you mainers ready for spring? How are you all doing??

Hello all! :lunch: Is everyone ready for the melt? I am so looking forward to a walk on the beach and the sun on my face. Its beautiful today in York county, wish I wasn't working.

I'm 2 wks post of and feeling pretty good. The first wk was a struggle, so glad its over. The port pain has mostly subsided, is a dull ache at times and a sharp stab when I move wrong! I'm back to the pool this wk with some Water aerobics. When I first got in the water I had some pressure in my chest but it went away. It felt good to be moving around easier.

I got a little dehydrated yesterday and need to pay more attention to how much I'm drinking. Eating is interesting, mostly because I can feel satisfied so quickly,, mentally! The first week I thought about food non stop, the 2nd week, I had to work at getting enough in... I know I don't have any restriction because I'm not having any problems with anything mushy at all. I had rye toast last night, first bread in more then a month. I cut it up in squares then chewed to mush.. Hope it doesn't get complicated after the first fill!

How is everyone doing?? Drop a note, would love to hear from you all!

Hi wicked, I am in york county too. I am going to casco bay also. I have met with the social worker,dietician,had bloodwork and have lost 9 of the 15 pounds. All i need to do now is go to the support group meeting on monday april 6 and maybe then I will be scheduled to meet with the surgeon. I have Dr cobean and he was at the info session I attended. I have read a few of your posts. When I am at work I have no probelm with what goes into my mouth and drinking enough Water but at home I am struggling with not "grazing". Enough about me! Glad you had your surgery. Hope you are feeling well. SO glad I found this sight because my family is supportive but I need someone who has been and is going thru this too.

Hi Diana, seems like things are moving right along for you! The wait to meet the surgeon was the longest for me.. I to had to lose 15, but when I met with her I had lost 8 and she said as long as I didn't gain I was okay,, I ended up losing it all anyways which felt great and it was a good boost for my motivation. I'm hoping to have lost a solid 30 by my first fill, and 40 before my 40th.

Its still a battle to drink enough liquids, you'd think it would be easy! I never had a problem with it before surgery, but I'm just not thirsty, and I think I was doing a lot of chugging before,, which hurts now! I don't see this being easy anytime soon, but I could never have gotten this far without the band! I'm still nervous about the first fill because I don't know how much I will have to change my current eating plan now that I'm on a good schedule!

Best wishes to you, email me with any questions

Glad you are doing well. My 40th isn't until next march but That was one of my motivaters. I want to be fit and 40. My kids are 18,7,and 5. I need to be healthy for them and myself. Thanks for the info. I actually started this process in November. What held me up was meeting with Jane.She was out for a few weeks and my original appt to see her was 1/16 but I never got to see her until 2/24. I missed the march support group meeting because my daughter had an ear infection. Thanks again and keep up the good work.