Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I PB alot, but I am always hungry????

I have had some trouble with PBing over the past month or so. Gained 5 pounds after not being able to eat hardly anything for 5 weeks. I have now lost those 5 and am headed to the doc today for a tiny fill. I am close to that sweet spot but seem to over shoot by just a bit right now.

I think it is so important to be working closely with your doctor to get to that perfect spot. We want to lose weight but we want to be able to eat healthy too.

Hi Sistah! I am a little confused about PB ing. Did that happen because you gained five pounds? Or does that just mean that maybe certain things are not agreeing with you? If that was happening why would they give you another fill? I am SO CONFUSED about this!

Hi Sistah! I am a little confused about PB ing. Did that happen because you gained five pounds? Or does that just mean that maybe certain things are not agreeing with you? If that was happening why would they give you another fill? I am SO CONFUSED about this!

I agree. If you have had trouble as little as the past month, then why do you want to get a fill? Aren't you afraid that you might not be able to eat healthy? I haven't had a fill for 2-1/2 months because I still get stuck on chicken and certain foods BUT I am hungry all the time. I just had my TOM and when he visits, I can't hardly eat anything. I am too afraid to get a fill. I don't want to live on mushy foods and slider foods BUT I don't want to be hungry either. I think this is the part of the band that is OUR problem in that we need to have will power and let the band do its work. We need to be able to eat filling foods and not get stuck and then be hungry again in an hour or so. THIS IS SO HARD!:thumbdown:

I too get sick a lot. But its random. I never know whats going to set it off. And I get really sick - headache, can't concentrate or even talk to people because of it. Then I throw up that slime! and it can last and repeat for hours! Any suggestions? I have not had a fill in over a year. Sometimes I can eat anything, yesterday it was a banana that put me over the edge! Please help!

I was reading some of the posts and just wanted to comment. I was banded in Jan and still don't have good restriction and haven't yet PB'd, but have come close on many occasions. This is something me and a fellow bander have discussed and I'm trying to pay attention to it and see if its true for me. It seems that when I am really hungry (like stomach growling and all) that my band is a little tighter also, when you PB, people have said your band tightens up maybe because you caused a little swelling from the PBing. So see if the days you are tighter might be because of these episodes and the days you can eat anything might be smoother days without any episodes. I'm curious if there is any correlation.

I too have been a little frustrated with my band. Back in January I was Pbing so much that when I went in for a fill in Feb he didn't fill me. Now it is April and I am the same weight I was in Feb. I haven't even lost a pound in 2 months. I guess it probably becuase I need a fill, but even boosting up my activity hasn't proven to be working. I am down like 53 pounds from surgery, but I would ideally like to lose at least another 30. I keep hoping and watching what I put in my mouth LOL

V

Yes,

To your answer, a day or so after Pbing, I am alot tighter related to the trauma I just did to my stomach from Pbing, in fact my surgeon recommend a day a soft foods and liquids after a Pbing episode. Has anyone else noticed something similar to this?

V

Yes,

To your answer, a day or so after Pbing, I am alot tighter related to the trauma I just did to my stomach from Pbing, in fact my surgeon recommend a day a soft foods and liquids after a Pbing episode. Has anyone else noticed something similar to this?

V

Yes. And if not careful, it can turn into a vicious cycle. :sad:

Yes. And if not careful, it can turn into a vicious cycle. :sad:

Yup I do have that feeling also but havnt been PBing much lately thank heavens... AND p.s. I KNOW WHAT MARMITE IS!!!!!!!

I have had the same issues that many of you have reported, getting stuck and requiring a PB for no apparent reason. chicken seems to be a common culprit for me, as are scrambled eggs for some reason. My wife also thinks that it happens more often when we have a family dinner and I am engaged in conversation. Perhaps I am not chewing enough or eating slowly. I hope that is it, because that is something I can learn to manage myself. At the same time, my doctor thinks (and I agree) that I am not restricted enough yet, because I can still eat a good sized meal when I don't get stuck. So I will get another fill next week. I'm also going to try to track what I am eating when I do get stuck to look for more patterns. I think I'll make a general post to ask for feedback on what makes people stuck.

I have had the same issues that many of you have reported, getting stuck and requiring a PB for no apparent reason. chicken seems to be a common culprit for me, as are scrambled eggs for some reason. My wife also thinks that it happens more often when we have a family dinner and I am engaged in conversation. Perhaps I am not chewing enough or eating slowly. I hope that is it, because that is something I can learn to manage myself. At the same time, my doctor thinks (and I agree) that I am not restricted enough yet, because I can still eat a good sized meal when I don't get stuck. So I will get another fill next week. I'm also going to try to track what I am eating when I do get stuck to look for more patterns. I think I'll make a general post to ask for feedback on what makes people stuck.

Well strangely enough chicken and scrambled eggs also. I cant figure out why the eggs get stuck

MTBiker

my doctor thinks (and I agree) that I am not restricted enough yet, because I can still eat a good sized meal when I don't get stuck

Yesssss! This is the issue I have - either I can eat good sized portions .... or I get stuck. Yesterday I got stuck on crackers (something I don't usually have a problem with) and the rest of the day I was over-sensitive and had to stick to mushy food.

However, tonight I have managed to eat a fish pie with broccoli - a good portion.

I can't accept that I either have to put up with getting stuck ... or I can eat as much as I want of soft food. Surely there should be a balance where I can be satisfied and full - on food that doesn't get stuck?

I can't imagine being hungry enough to eat a fish pie, but that's just me.....

Yesssss! This is the issue I have - either I can eat good sized portions .... or I get stuck. Yesterday I got stuck on crackers (something I don't usually have a problem with) and the rest of the day I was over-sensitive and had to stick to mushy food.

However, tonight I have managed to eat a fish pie with broccoli - a good portion.

I can't accept that I either have to put up with getting stuck ... or I can eat as much as I want of soft food. Surely there should be a balance where I can be satisfied and full - on food that doesn't get stuck?

I understand completely!!!!! Some days or even some meals, I can eat ALOT and some meals I eat something I would have never thought would get stuck and it does. I never really understand the "sweet spot" because I don't get full with very small amounts of food. Some say get another fill, but then I can't eat the foods that stay with me and keep me full because they get stuck.

OMG!!! I go thru the same thing, but I KNOW its because I dont chew enough and dont eat slowly, or take small bites. I was banded on Oct 16 2008, lost over 54 lbs since starting all this in July. But, I can eat alot of some stuff, no matter how fast I chew or how big of bites I take. Its very fickle. Honestly, I eat everything, just cant eat a lot of it and I still lose weight. I just recently started walking on a treadmill and lost another 4 lbs in past two weeks. I feel like a normal person eating real food. Are you guys chewing slowly and taking small bites and still PB'ing?? If you are, then maybe band is too tight.

I understand completely!!!!! Some days or even some meals, I can eat ALOT and some meals I eat something I would have never thought would get stuck and it does. I never really understand the "sweet spot" because I don't get full with very small amounts of food. Some say get another fill, but then I can't eat the foods that stay with me and keep me full because they get stuck.