Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Celebrate 100lbs loss?

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. :)

I was banded 9-3-08 and I am coming up on my 6months of being banded. This morning I weighed and it showed 90lbs lost. THAT IS SO COOL lol. :frown: So, I am making it a goal to be 100lbs down, THIS month. MARCH. :thumbup: Big goal. I used to walk one mile in an hour, for exercise pre-op, and tonight, excited about my new goal, I walked 3 miles in an hour! :eek: so sosososo happy. :eek:

MY QUESTION IS:

How did you guys Celebrate your big goals? I want to make it a big deal because, this is huge, you know? I would have never been able to do this before, it was very hard work, and now I want to mark my accomplishment, and keep going! :lol: So, please let me know what you guys have done! I would love to hear it!!!! xoxoxox :lol:

KRISTYLYNN,

First off, congrats on your weigt loss so far. You are doing a wonderful job. Isnt it exciting !!!!!!!!

When I was getting close to my 100 pound loss mark, I comented to my Mom that I was going to go and have a manicure and nails done for my nephews wedding. Low and behold, a few days after I met my 100 loss mark, my mother sent me a sizeable gift certificate to a local spa. Included with the certificate was a pamplet of the services and the different plans I could chose from. My nephew wedding was two weeks away, so I had a little time to decide what I was going to do. I ended up getting a manicure, pedicure,facial and upper body massage. I can not tell you how woderful it felt, I ended up chipping in a little but it was sooooo worth it.

I also decided to start adding differant things to my diet. Since my banding, I had restricted myself on what I ate. I slowly started working in a few potatoes, rice, ect... the higher calorie items.

Best of Luck to you, and hope you get some great ideas.

Lois

congratulations on your weight loss.. im not sure how i would Celebrate mine, im half way there, so i hae some time to think about it, i would like to do something big, something that i havnt been able to do because of my weight... good luck to us all :)

Congrats! Go for what your hearts desire, you deserve it. When I reach my goal, I'm going to Las Vegas!

First of all - a huge congratulations is in order! That is a great feat and even though you have a tool now, you still did this on your own...don't forget that! :)

Second - what did you do to achieve this wonderful goal? What did you eat? Exercise? Etc? (I ask this because I'm being banded on March 12, 2009 and could use all the tips.)

Finally - for such a huge victory think about what you've always wanted. I agree with the others about spa. Treat your body to something kind like a massage. Think of how great that will feel. I don't know what your budget is like, but maybe a weekend trip or something might be fun. I know being overweight has prevented me from certain adventures.

Again, big congrats for your success!

100 lbs is HUGE!!! Congrats!!

I would do a make-over of some type..New Hairstyle? New hair Color? Make-up? I am sure that you have had many significant changes in yourself and a new style would be appropriate to Celebrate the new you!

Of course pampering with the mini-milestones in between is highly enjoyable too!

Way to go!

That's fantastic! Congrats!

My DH told me that when I reach my goal I can go on a clothes shopping spree. I also have witnesses so he cannot go back on it once he realizes how much I can spend :scared2:

Like others have said a trip is nice and a day at the spa. You deserve both in my opinion :blush:

WOW.....Congrats, that is awesome!

When I reach goal I am getting a tattoo! I currently do not have any, but am going to get one to mark my success! Funny but I have several people that are willing to go with me and get one as well :unsure:!

Yay, KristiLynn!

When I hit my 100lb loss, I went shopping! I bought new clothes in a size 14! 14! I will def be buying soo much more once I get to my long term goal and am thinking of a tattoo. Something with cherry blossoms....

I don't have my band yet, I'm still jumping through the required hoops. But, the goals and celebrations upon meeting those goals are something I have been daydreaming a lot about lately. There is a particular outfit I like, but could not currently wear, diamond earrings, getting my engagement and wedding rings repaired and resized (they had to be cut off when I was pregnant with my youngest child who is now 11), a new PUPPY (we currently have two older miniature dachshunds), trading my crappy old van for a nicer used vehicle, a weekend anniversary trip with my husband without the kids, a nice piece of furniture, an ipod touch, a really nice digital camera, a piece of art that I really like, finally having a FAMILY PORTRAIT taken, etc. I guess it just needs to be something you have been depriving yourself of, whether because of the weight, low self esteem, etc. But, it should of course NOT be a nice dinner out :mellow:, and sorry, but I really wouldn't recommend the tattoo :rolleyes:. No matter how "tasteful", IMHO they are trashy and gross and no matter how much you like it today, you're probably not going to always feel the same way. This should be what YOU want though, not your husband or kids. Something that reminds you how hard you worked to get it, and makes you smile and be proud of your accomplishment. (Even if it turns out to be a tattoo!) Anyway, Congratulations on your success!!!:thumbup:

lose2regaineme,

WOWZA!!! Just hope you realize that you suggested in your post that I am "trashy and gross." FYI....I am NEITHER!!! Good thing I do not take these posts too personally :rolleyes:!!!!

Yay, KristiLynn!

When I hit my 100lb loss, I went shopping! I bought new clothes in a size 14! 14! I will def be buying soo much more once I get to my long term goal and am thinking of a tattoo. Something with cherry blossoms....

Congrats on the huge loss!!! That is awesome. I am going to get a white tattoo on the inside of my left wrist. It will be a word, just not sure what word yet. A one word statement that will remind me of the long, hard, but successful road I have taken :rolleyes:.

lose2regaineme,

WOWZA!!! Just hope you realize that you suggested in your post that I am "trashy and gross." FYI....I am NEITHER!!! Good thing I do not take these posts too personally :thumbup:!!!!

Not YOU, just tattoos in general. Yes, please do not take that personally. It is tattoos in general. I don't think I am alone in thinking this. I personally do not see anything attractive about tattoos. A persons individual experiences molds their individual beliefs. In my experience, MOST people that I know who have tattoos regret them at some point in their lives. My own husband is a 6 foot tall beefcake former US Marine, and I am happy to report, untattooed!:rolleyes: Very sorry if that came off as a personal insult. Not my intention.

What did I do when I lost 100 lbs? Honestly, I just stood naked in the bathroom and danced a little jig. That's all. But I will tell you this, that was the best dance I've ever had :)