Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

Limits on lobbyist's access to the White House

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! I just can't go on! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! OMG!!!! You're kidding, right?

Republicans didn't read the bill because it was too long. Like some of you who don't read CM's posts.

This one is Funny! Very Funny! He's the most secretive pres we've had yet. Who wrote the HC bill? When was it written?

oops, tried to post a funny cartoon and it didn't work

okay, here's some jokes instead:

"After President Obama spoke, the Republicans gave their rebuttal, during which they pointed out that Obama has repeatedly failed to solve any of the problems they created under President Bush." -Jimmy Kimmel, on Obama's State of the Union Address

"Barack Obama's daughters are very smart. They told him they will take the same responsibility for the dog that he is taking for the economy. That way, if the dog leaves a mess in the White House, it'll be cleaned up by future generations." --Jay Leno

1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending

1. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices

1. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women

If this is true, then I am in agreement on this one. all people doing the same exact job should receive equal pay.

1. Beginning the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq

1. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

This is a waste of tax payer money. When the body arrives at Dover, it should then be transported to the home town where it would be buried. The families could meet it there at it's arrival. Families are sometimes many people and the expense of airfare, hotel and food for all of them could be spared. I would certainly appreciate this effort if it were my loved one. It would spare me the trip to Dover and all the preparation of traveling during a sorrowful time.

1. Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information

1. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier's family

1. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act

1. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible

1. Limits on lobbyist's access to the White House

1. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration

I thought lobbyists were not going to be allowed there any more. His campaign promise was to END lobbying. Maybe he should put term limits on congressmen instead.

1. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date

1. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren't even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan

1. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research

This is no accomplishment!

1. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research
  2. New federal funding for science and research labs

Yeah, The study about the evolution of squirrel breeding is a prime example. Government waste groups contend that studying the sex habits of African squirrels is exactly the kind of research taxpayers shouldn't be paying for.

1. States are permitted to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards
  2. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect
  3. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools

We should continue to SPEND! SPEND! SPEND! even in this bad economy! Roads, power plants, computers. Let's go on a shopping spree!! Yeah!!

1. New funds for school construction What? We can't put up with the buildings we have? How about putting it off till we get ourselves out of debt alittle bit? huh?
  2. The prison at Guantanamo Bay is being phased out Why can't we use it? If we don't keep our prisoners there, we'll just have to build another place for them to be kept. Another waste of our money.
  3. US Auto industry rescue plan I would have let them go under. Why should my tax dollars have to bail out your business?
  4. Housing rescue plan Yeah, let's all pay for you to save your home. I can't even afford my own mortgage payments sometimes, but you were stupid and bought a house you couldn't afford, and now we all have to help you to keep it?
  5. $789 billion economic stimulus plan What a waste.
  6. The public can meet with federal housing insurers to refinance (the new plan can be completed in one day) a mortgage if they are having trouble paying
  7. US financial and banking rescue plan
  8. The secret detention facilities in Eastern Europe and elsewhere are being closed
  9. Ended the previous policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards
  10. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops
  11. The missile defense program is being cut by $1.4 billion in 2010 Let's cut funds that will help us defend our country from the enemy, but increase every other form of spending.
  12. Restarted the nuclear nonproliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols
  13. Reengaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic
  14. Reengaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions Global warming is a farce.
  15. Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office and it accomplished nothing but an expensive jet bill
  16. Successful release of US captain held by Somali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job
  17. US Navy increasing patrols off Somali coast
  18. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles Can I have one too?, cause I made a compost. Why don't we give everyone who decides to go green a tax incentive? We have money to throw around!
  19. Cash for clunkers program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulated auto sales Like I said, We have money to spare.
  20. Announced plans to purchase fuel efficient American-made fleet for the federal government
  21. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children
  22. Signed national service legislation; expanded national youth service program
  23. Instituted a new policy on Cuba, allowing Cuban families to return home to visit loved ones I suppose we are going to pay for their travel expenses, too. lol

Too much. I just don't have the time to respond to all the so called "accomplishments."

"Democrats were quick to point out that President Bush's budget creates a 1 trillion dollar deficit. The White House quickly responded with 'Hey, look over there, it's Saddam Hussein.'" —Craig Kilborn

"President Bush says he has just one question for the American voters, 'Is the rich person you're working for better off now than they were four years ago?'" —Jay Leno

"Arnold Schwarzenegger announced he is going to ask President Bush for help with the budget. What better way to deal with a $38 billion deficit than get advice from a guy that created a $450 billion deficit." —Jay Leno

"President Bush hosted something called the President's Economic Forum down in Waco, Texas today. He invited members of small business to the summit. He was going to invite big business, but they're all in jail." —Jay Leno

"There's now speculation in Washington that President Bush is now planning to increase the economic sanctions on Iraq. And let me tell you if they are half as tough as the economic sanctions Bush has imposed on this country, they are screwed." —Jay Leno

Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible

This one is Funny! Very Funny! He's the most secretive pres we've had yet. Who wrote the HC bill? When was it written? Why weren't we told there would be a take over of all student loans by the government included in it before it was passed? What ever happened to MSNBC reporting all the happenings at the WH? I could go on and on, but you get it. Transparency? lol

We still don't know how our energy policy under bush was developed. cheney refused to tell what went on behind close door with his pals in the oil industry. The bush administration wouldn't turn over emails (or destroyed or "lost" them). Talk about secrecy!!! And Pres. Obama had televised negotiations with the republicans with regard to the HC bill and it was available online, too.

And I knew that student loans would be in the HC bill before it passed, why didn't you? Oh, maybe beck forgot to mention it. :thumbup:

1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending

1. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices

1. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women

If this is true, then I am in agreement on this one. all people doing the same exact job should receive equal pay.

It is true. It's called the Lily Ledbetter Fair pay act AND NOT A SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR IT. But hey, they're the more "moral party" so I guess equal pay is immoral. :thumbup:

1. Beginning the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq

1. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

This is a waste of tax payer money. When the body arrives at Dover, it should then be transported to the home town where it would be buried. The families could meet it there at it's arrival. Families are sometimes many people and the expense of airfare, hotel and food for all of them could be spared. I would certainly appreciate this effort if it were my loved one. It would spare me the trip to Dover and all the preparation of traveling during a sorrowful time.

Maybe some families want to go to Dover. And I support having their expenses covered. It's the least we can do for the suffering their family has endured. I don't consider it a waste of taxpayer money.

1. Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information

1. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier's family

1. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act

1. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible

1. Limits on lobbyist's access to the White House

1. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration

I thought lobbyists were not going to be allowed there any more. His campaign promise was to END lobbying. Maybe he should put term limits on congressmen instead.

This is about those who worked in the White House not being allowed to lobby after they leave.

1. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date

1. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren't even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan

1. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research

This is no accomplishment!

Most americans support this, as do I. It's a significant accomplishment and a reversal of the bush policy.

1. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research
  2. New federal funding for science and research labs

Yeah, The study about the evolution of squirrel breeding is a prime example. Government waste groups contend that studying the sex habits of African squirrels is exactly the kind of research taxpayers shouldn't be paying for.

Yes, I'm sure that's all they study. :) As someone with a science background and biology degree, I am smart enough to know that useful information often comes from unexpected sources and studies.

1. States are permitted to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards
  2. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect
  3. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools

We should continue to SPEND! SPEND! SPEND! even in this bad economy! Roads, power plants, computers. Let's go on a shopping spree!! Yeah!!

That's what we pay tax dollars for - for roads, bridges, education. I know you only want it to go for the military with a few crumbs elsewhere but I want to see improvements in these areas.

1. New funds for school construction What? We can't put up with the buildings we have? How about putting it off till we get ourselves out of debt alittle bit? huh? We were out of debt when bush took office. Did he address these issues then. Let me think. Ah, no. He started two wars, gave tax cuts to the rich, gave pharma a big prize (all unfunded) and took us into a deficit.
  2. The prison at Guantanamo Bay is being phased out Why can't we use it? If we don't keep our prisoners there, we'll just have to build another place for them to be kept. Another waste of our money.We have plenty of maximum security prisons housing terrorists and the bad guys now. We don't need to build. Does Charles Manson and Sirhan Sirhan ring a bell?
  3. US Auto industry rescue plan I would have let them go under. Why should my tax dollars have to bail out your business? GM paid back the money with interest 5 years early and turned a profit this last quarter for the first time in years. So, another of Obama's economic plans that worked.
  4. Housing rescue plan Yeah, let's all pay for you to save your home. I can't even afford my own mortgage payments sometimes, but you were stupid and bought a house you couldn't afford, and now we all have to help you to keep it? It was the stupid banks who lent money to people who clearly couldn't pay it back. What happened to simple credit checks. It was predatory lending.
  5. $789 billion economic stimulus plan What a waste. It's what turned this economy around. It's why every economic indicator has improved because of it. It's the reason we went from LOSING 700,000 jobs a month to four (4) months of positive job growth.
  6. The public can meet with federal housing insurers to refinance (the new plan can be completed in one day) a mortgage if they are having trouble paying
  7. US financial and banking rescue plan
  8. The secret detention facilities in Eastern Europe and elsewhere are being closed
  9. Ended the previous policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards
  10. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops
  11. The missile defense program is being cut by $1.4 billion in 2010 Let's cut funds that will help us defend our country from the enemy, but increase every other form of spending.
  12. There's no proof that we need all the money in this program. You don't think there's waste in the military budget. Defense secretary Robert Gates thinks so. And he should know.
  13. Restarted the nuclear nonproliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols
  14. Reengaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic
  15. Reengaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions Global warming is a farce.
  16. Of course, cause the bible tells me so. And if not the bible then beck, rush, palin, et al. :biggrin:
  17. Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office and it accomplished nothing but an expensive jet bill
  18. We don't live in isolation, we live in a global world and our standing in the world is much improved from where it was with bush. Though in fairness, it couldn't have gotten worse.
  19. Successful release of US captain held by Somali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job
  20. US Navy increasing patrols off Somali coast
  21. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles Can I have one too?, cause I made a compost. Why don't we give everyone who decides to go green a tax incentive? We have money to throw around!
  22. We need to cut our dependence on oil. This is a start.
  23. Cash for clunkers program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulated auto sales Like I said, We have money to spare.
  24. This was a very popular and successful program.
  25. Announced plans to purchase fuel efficient American-made fleet for the federal government
  26. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children
  27. Signed national service legislation; expanded national youth service program
  28. Instituted a new policy on Cuba, allowing Cuban families to return home to visit loved ones I suppose we are going to pay for their travel expenses, too. lol
  29. If you have facts to prove this, provide them.

Too much. I just don't have the time to respond to all the so called "accomplishments."

That's okay. :biggrin:

Pattygreen - you keep yapping about how Pres. Obama has doubled the debt since he took office. Take a minute, in fact take several minutes, to look at this circle graph and then I'll explain:

You see the deficit is caused by two things:

1) reduced revenues

2) increased spending

Now let's take a look at the cause of reduce revenues:

BUSH'S TWO (2) TAX CUTS TO THE RICH.

Now let's take a look at increased spending:

1) two unfunded wars started by bush and still being funded.

2) big giveaway to pharma ($1 trillion over 10 years) with medicare part D

You see pattygreen, the spending for these things doesn't go away just because Pres. Obama got elected. We still have to fund them whether we have the money or not (we don't).

SO AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE CHART, IT IS BUSH'S PROGRAMS THAT HAVE CONTRIBUTED THE MOST TO THE CURRENT DEFICIT.

SO WILL YOU PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT? AND QUIT YOUR SAME OLD, SAME OLD FALSE TALKING POINTS.

deficit-2009.jpg

Edited by Cleo's Mom

20summer.xlarge1.jpg

Yeah, why bother to repair or replace schools like this. So what that that peeling paint probably contains lead. Better to use the money for the military. Or better yet, maybe the military ought to raise money through bake sales and fundraising, like the poor schools have to do, and send their budgets to the schools.

Ahem, Clinton left us in the black. It was Republican spending that put us in the shape we're in by cutting taxes while increasing spending at the same time.

RIGHT ON!! AND Clinton was a Democrat!

its a good thing you live in Canada and don't vote here. :w00t:

ROTFLMAO!

Of course, all this makes sense. But the neocons would rather pick on the poor. All of these cuts would come from areas heavy with lobbyists. The poor don't have anyone to speak for them, so it makes them easy targets.

Close offshore tax havens? That is heresy to the big, fat, greedy corporations. Or allow Swiss banks to turn over their financial records so we can see how they are cheating us?

I wish you could vote here. You make a lot of sense.

Thanks Cleo`s Mom.

The reason I weighed in on this debate is because I LOVE AMERICANS!!

1) My Brother is American (and Yup he even voted!) and he is a republican ( I still love him in spite of that)

2) I have MANY Dear friends who are Americans, and I have their best interests at heart.

3) I beleive you FINALLY have a President that will do a good job (so does the rest of the Global community)

4) Pres. Obama WON THE ELECTION, I thought you Americans always got behind your President and SUPPORTED his democratically chosen MAJORITY RULES views

:wink:

Peaches we welcome your comments. You're a good neighbor!