Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

I found a list just as long for the democratic party. What's your point?

Like I said before, every human sins. thoose who believe in God, and those who dont.

This can not be avoided, but if I had to choose , I'd rather sin as a believer than as an unbeliever. There's a great story I told about this before....

There is a vast difference between the believer's sin and the unbeliever's sin. Not that God does not hate both alike, believer's it may be the most because he sins with greater light, but the difference is not in the sin, but in the way God treats it.

Here is a father who sends his son and a hired man to do a piece of work. They are lazy and innefficient, and do not do the work. He bears with them, and tries them again, but it is no use. His son and his servant are good for nothing, his son perhaps the worse of the two. Now what does he do? He discharges the servant. He puts him out of the house. He will have nothing more to do with him. But does he discharge his son? Does he send him away from the house? Nothing of the kind. He may rebuke him, cut off his allowance, punish him worse than he punished the servant, but he will not send him away because he is his son. We see then that "sonship" is a real thing. Is sonship then a shield from the punishment of sin? Oh no! It simply gives me the blessed privilege of having an Advocate, and since it is inevitable that I will sin, it is better to sin as a believer than an unbeliever.

Its simply amazes me that those that believe most strongly in fables and fairy tales as adults are the most forgiving of two faced liars and hypocrites because as long as the offenders believe in the same nonsense, they too are (saved). Like Sarah Palin often stated, Putting Lipstick On A Pig.....its STILL A PIG! Same thing with closet homosexuals and those that speak constantly about (family values) while their poking their secretary at work. You might not believe you can be (Saved) by acts alone, but I`d rather share my company with an atheist then a hypocrite who`s entire behavior is a phony as a three dollar bill! Ask your local Oral Surgeon if he believes in the Tooth Fairy?

Must be something in the Water, air, or radon gas in the soil that makes Connecticut a hotbed for (political) wacko`s. First we have the political cross-dresser Joe Lieberman, now we have a DEM as the longest serving Attorney General Richard Blumenthal that (forgot) that he NEVER served on active duty in Vietnam, despite the fact that he stated so on several occasions. Unfortunately for Mr Blumenthal, being of the Jewish Faith, he can`t get a pass like his Christian politicians. Ain`t it a damn shame. Perhaps he can join Jews For Jesus and get (Saved"!

Edited by phil1336

I said repair first. Leave it to a conservative to read selectively. :thumbup:

Also, this is just one part of a hallway. If it got to this stage of disrepair it's safe to say that the rest looks this way, too. And this happens mostly in poor districts. Since you don't want the government to help pay for repair then how should they pay for it?

When my daughter decided she no longer wanted to go to a private Catholic school, we agreed to send her to a public middle school. One day I went to take her something she'd forgotten and I was astonished at the physical plant that they called a middle school - in Orlando. There were ceiling tiles caving in from being wet from roof leaks, mold creeping everywhere along the hallways, peeling paint, everything that you would absolutely not expect to find in a school. The place was dangerous!

And the brilliant governor we had allowed the advertising to promote the lottery to claim that a certain percentage of lottery profits would go to the schools. Well because our schools were often in poor condition and our children were having to share books, etc., we all voted for the state to bring in the lottery.

Oops, surprise... they forgot to tell us one very important thing. Yeah, they were planning to give schools a certain percentage of lottery winnings but they were planning to take the usual schools funding out of the budget. So instead of getting more money for our lousy schools, we got less!!!

So the comment that the photo just means somebody needs to do a little painting is absolutely frickin ridiculous. What in the world would someone know about it if they home school their kids? Don't make big proclamations when you don't know what the heck you're talking about. It just makes you look very stupid and hateful.

I said repair first. Leave it to a conservative to read selectively. :thumbup:

Also, this is just one part of a hallway. If it got to this stage of disrepair it's safe to say that the rest looks this way, too. And this happens mostly in poor districts. Since you don't want the government to help pay for repair then how should they pay for it?

You said repair or replace. I don't want the federal government to pay for it. If it is a school in your town, then a group should be formed to volunteer a day of scraping and painting. The people in that particular town should come up with the funds for the paint.

You said repair or replace. I don't want the federal government to pay for it. If it is a school in your town, then a group should be formed to volunteer a day of scraping and painting. The people in that particular town should come up with the funds for the paint.

Another ridiculous, simplisitc and unrealistic solution to a big problem. Urban decay in our city schools and you're going to try to get people who already pay taxes and who are poor and struggling themselves to fix up a school in disrepair? I am sure the needed repair goes beyond "scraping and painting". There are probably plumbing, electrical and structural (roof leaking, like BJean pointed out) problems, etc. So typical of your responses. Not the least bit grounded in reality. :thumbup:

Another ridiculous, simplisitc and unrealistic solution to a big problem. Urban decay in our city schools and you're going to try to get people who already pay taxes and who are poor and struggling themselves to fix up a school in disrepair? I am sure the needed repair goes beyond "scraping and painting". There are probably plumbing, electrical and structural (roof leaking, like BJean pointed out) problems, etc. So typical of your responses. Not the least bit grounded in reality. :thumbup:

Why should my tax dollars pay for someone elses school anywhere except CT? Federal funds should be for federal stuff and State funds for your state. If your town or state doesn't know how to budget it's finances for school repairs, why should my state or anyone elses have to come up with the funds? This is why the federal government is in financial ruin and bankruptcy.

Why should my tax dollars pay for someone elses school anywhere except CT? Federal funds should be for federal stuff and State funds for your state. If your town or state doesn't know how to budget it's finances for school repairs, why should my state or anyone elses have to come up with the funds? This is why the federal government is in financial ruin and bankruptcy.

Because local school budgets have always been comprised of federal, state and local tax dollars. This is what I talk about when I deride the teabagger for not knowing anything about how our government works. Don't you know this? You really need to educate yourself about how our government works -not how you would like it to work.

Federal money is sent back to states for any number of reasons - education, roads, highway, bridges (i.e. infrastructure), medicaid, etc.. in addition to money that each congressman is able to get for his/her district. The state then uses the federal money it gets for education to supplement what it sends to each district. However, like most states that percentage has been declining, putting more burden on local taxes.

So, all of us pay money to the federal goverment who then sends it to states and into individual congressional districts and individual school districts, based on need.

I know that you just want to keep everything small and local but that is not how things work, regardless of how you would like it to work.

Because local school budgets have always been comprised of federal, state and local tax dollars.

No kidding?:thumbup: I know it's how it works. Duh! I don't think it should work that way.

This is what I talk about when I deride the teabagger for not knowing anything about how our government works. Don't you know this? You really need to educate yourself about how our government works -not how you would like it to work.

Liberals feel they are above everyone who is not in agreemnet with them. They often comment on the "stupidity" of their opposers. How immature!

Federal money is sent back to states for any number of reasons - education, roads, highway, bridges (i.e. infrastructure), medicaid, etc.. in addition to money that each congressman is able to get for his/her district. The state then uses the federal money it gets for education to supplement what it sends to each district. However, like most states that percentage has been declining, putting more burden on local taxes.

So, all of us pay money to the federal goverment who then sends it to states and into individual congressional districts and individual school districts, based on need.

I know that you just want to keep everything small and local but that is not how things work, regardless of how you would like it to work.

Originally Posted by Cleo's Mom viewpost.gif

Because local school budgets have always been comprised of federal, state and local tax dollars.

No kidding?:smile2: I know it's how it works. Duh! I don't think it should work that way.

Well, Duh, :thumbup: it does work that way. So, if you don't like it run for office and rewrite the constitution and all the laws that govern our federal government and how it runs. Because until you do, our federal dollars go where the federal government (our representatives) want them to go.

This is what I talk about when I deride the teabagger for not knowing anything about how our government works. Don't you know this? You really need to educate yourself about how our government works -not how you would like it to work.

Liberals feel they are above everyone who is not in agreemnet with them. They often comment on the "stupidity" of their opposers. How immature!

Not above. Just not about to make stupid, naive, uneducated or unrealistic comments about the government or how it runs or the realities of it. And much of what the teabaggers say is just plain uninformed and wrong and when they say those things and I correct it - it doesn't make me immature it makes me right.

Originally Posted by Cleo's Mom viewpost.gif

No kidding?:) I know it's how it works. Duh! I don't think it should work that way.

Well, Duh, :tongue2: it does work that way. So, if you don't like it run for office and rewrite the constitution and all the laws that govern our federal government and how it runs. Because until you do, our federal dollars go where the federal government (our representatives) want them to go.

Don't you worry. Me and plenty others will be going to the polls in November to get those out who are messing with the country and put in those who wont be overspending us into outer space!

Not above. Just not about to make stupid, naive, uneducated or unrealistic comments about the government or how it runs or the realities of it. And much of what the teabaggers say is just plain uninformed and wrong and when they say those things and I correct it - it doesn't make me immature it makes me right.

Right... in your own eyes.:smile:

When my daughter decided she no longer wanted to go to a private Catholic school, we agreed to send her to a public middle school. One day I went to take her something she'd forgotten and I was astonished at the physical plant that they called a middle school - in Orlando. There were ceiling tiles caving in from being wet from roof leaks, mold creeping everywhere along the hallways, peeling paint, everything that you would absolutely not expect to find in a school. The place was dangerous!

And the brilliant governor we had allowed the advertising to promote the lottery to claim that a certain percentage of lottery profits would go to the schools. Well because our schools were often in poor condition and our children were having to share books, etc., we all voted for the state to bring in the lottery.

Oops, surprise... they forgot to tell us one very important thing. Yeah, they were planning to give schools a certain percentage of lottery winnings but they were planning to take the usual schools funding out of the budget. So instead of getting more money for our lousy schools, we got less!!!

So the comment that the photo just means somebody needs to do a little painting is absolutely frickin ridiculous. What in the world would someone know about it if they home school their kids? Don't make big proclamations when you don't know what the heck you're talking about. It just makes you look very stupid and hateful.

Oh yeah! I hate the kids.:tongue2: Saying crap like that about my statement actually makes YOU look hateful!

BTW, I didn't always homeschool my children. Just the past 8 years. They went to the public schools till they hit middle school and my 2 oldest boys graduated HS in the public schools. So, that blows your theory out of the Water. And just because someone doesn't have their kids in public school, doesn't mean they couldn't possibly know what their tax dollars are paying for or what the conditions of the schools are like. What about single people with no kids, you think they don't have a clue either?

I stand by my comment: The photo she showed looked like the place needed some scraping and painting. And that doesn't make me STUPID! You're the one who is ridiculus and stupid for even commenting on something that didn't need your input!

Its simply amazes me that those that believe most strongly in fables and fairy tales as adults are the most forgiving of two faced liars and hypocrites because as long as the offenders believe in the same nonsense, they too are (saved).

I am forgiving of everyone, not just Christians who do wrong. It is God who is not forgiving of unbelievers, not his children (the Christians). So, if your sins are not forgiven, don't blame the Christians in the world, blame yourself for not believeing in the God who made you and joining his family.

Wrong Again! The federal government is in financial ruin due to the 8 years of the previous Bush administration which spent hundreds of billions of dollars in an unnecessary War on Terror looking for Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq as an excuse for the attempt to get cheap oil for his and Chaney`s Texas oil interests and to help increase profits for Hallibuton Corp. while sacrificing thousands of America`a young men and women in our War to democratize a Arab State. American empire building due to our endless thirst for cheap oil. Want to make some real savings and reduce the federal deficit? Cut the Pentagon budget by 50%. Lets have a Tea Party!

Its simply amazes me that those that believe most strongly in fables and fairy tales as adults are the most forgiving of two faced liars and hypocrites because as long as the offenders believe in the same nonsense, they too are (saved).

I am forgiving of everyone, not just Christians who do wrong. It is God who is not forgiving of unbelievers, not his children (the Christians). So, if your sins are not forgiven, don't blame the Christians in the world, blame yourself for not believeing in the God who made you and joining his family.

YAWN......When your child looses a tooth, if (you) don`t put money under their pillow while they are sleeping will there be anything there in the morning? Answer...No! Why? Cause there is no Tooth Fairy! If your child wants a certain toy or present for Christmas and you don`t purchase it for them, will it be there under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning? Answer...NO! Why? Cause there is no Santa Claus! Grow up already and stop being so superstitious. When its over your either going "up the chimney" or becoming "compost" at your local cemetery. I wish Florida had a Blumenthal and Lieberman as AG and Senator! Wasn`t there a Gov. in CT that left in disgrace not long ago too? Ahh, all forgiven too. I remember spending many a summer vacationing on the Connecticut Long Island Sound shoreline in Old Saybrook,Soundview, Westbrook, Old Lyme,and Hawks Nest. I still remember the smell of (low tide).

PS 5 weeks and counting on BP`s Oil spill in the Gulf, and no end in sight. The largest man made environmental tragedy in Modern Day History. We still chanting "Drill Baby Drill"?

Oh yeah! I hate the kids.:tongue2: Saying crap like that about my statement actually makes YOU look hateful!

BTW, I didn't always homeschool my children. Just the past 8 years. They went to the public schools till they hit middle school and my 2 oldest boys graduated HS in the public schools. So, that blows your theory out of the Water. And just because someone doesn't have their kids in public school, doesn't mean they couldn't possibly know what their tax dollars are paying for or what the conditions of the schools are like. What about single people with no kids, you think they don't have a clue either?

I stand by my comment: The photo she showed looked like the place needed some scraping and painting. And that doesn't make me STUPID! You're the one who is ridiculus and stupid for even commenting on something that didn't need your input!

patty I didn't accuse you of hating kids. **rolleyes**

For you to say something that doesn't make sense only proves my point. **rolleyes** **flutter eyelids**

And you're right about one thing, my dear, I don't have to comment on your inane posts, people can read them for themselves. **rolleyes, flutter eyelids, shrug shoulders**

It's just that it's so much fun I can't help myself. **big toothy grin** :)