Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

#1 Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending

Let's spend some money and hire some more people to "STUDY" about how to cut spending. Why not just DO IT for crying out loud. Wouldn't that be wiser. Sorry, no accomplishment in my opinion.

Good night. I'll go thru your stupid list tomorrow.

Those people in the federal agencies are getting paid regardless, so why not undertake a study and make recommendations to cut spending? You're the one who's always yapping about cutting spending. You have to find out where the waste or duplications are first. Geez!!

And as far as going through the list tomorrow, well I'm sure I speak for many when I say we all wait with baited breath for your "insight" :)

And by the way, it isn't my list - someone else composed it.

And I guess it's only stupid because it hurts to see how well Pres. Obama is doing.

Good night, indeed!!

You've said many times on different threads that it's the government stealing.

It is! That hasn't changed. Just because God wants us to be obedient to those in authority over us and pay taxes, doesn't mean the taxes are just or fair.

Why would God want us to be obedient to stealing (i.e. paying taxes)?

Nope. You most definitely don't get anything spiritual. You are as blind as a bat when it comes to spirituality. You should listen to Carrie Underwoods song entitled "This is my temporary Home". She gets it.

What you mean is I don't agree with YOUR interpretation of the bible, your conclusions and the so-called spirituality that you claim to "get". And I certainly don't need to listen to some country western singer or her songs to develop my spirituality.

And my eyes are wide open to my own conclusions about spirituality. It is you who are blind to the reality of our country, its people, their needs, the government and how it works, etc.. You have shown your ignorance time and time again. Correcting you has almost become a full time job for me.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Once again Patty only thinks it a good program if her family uses the service.

And then there is this jewel:

"And how is that working for them?, because all I hear about is how bad it is and how high their taxes are to pay for it."

Yeah it must be a real pain to live in one of those countries with such a high standard of living. Lets see, they are better educated than we are, they have better job benefits (hours & vacation), they have better health care, longer life expectancy, lower infant mortality, and lower crime rates. Yep, would really suck to be like them.

I feel that I am somewhat qualified to speak to this RED point above, because I am a tax paying Canadian who(for all of my life) has had Universal Healthcare. What you hear is gibberish from Right wingers on the Fox news channel... they tell you only snippits of our healthcare system. The snippets that serve the REPUBLICAN purpose only.

Here are some facts, Canadians pay slightly more in taxes than you do. WE have a high standard of living, own our own homes ( and we pay off our mortgages too) and none of us has to declare bankrupcy to pay our HOSPITAL bills if one of our kids gets cancer.

It dosent matter where you work you have government paid for health care. I can pick my own family doctor and go to any hospital I choose.

Also, if you are over 65 you get your prescriptions for free. If you are poor(on welfare) or disability you get your drugs for free provided they are deemed necessary by your family doctor.

THere is an employer health tax levied which partly covers the health costs, the rest c omes from funding provided by LOTTERY ( a voluntary tax by all accounts) and from Income TAXES.

A good source of information, and well researched is a film made by your Michael Moore entitled SICKO... It is great and is well worth viewing for both camps... rent it at your local Blockbuster.

The right to life..liberty..and the pursuit of happiness. You cannot have life if you don't have health insurance to pay for healthcare and you have conditions which threaten the quality (happiness) or quantity of your life.

You are mistaken. That quote is not found in the Constitution. It is found in our declaration of independence. You should read it.

The first thing to keep in mind is the Ninth Amendment. It states that rights are not restricted because they are not specifically covered in the Constitution. This was designed to prevent future tyrants from saying that since a right was not specifically covered in the Constitution that they could take away our liberties.

Thanks, peaches, for your insights and personal experience. Of course you understand that this won't change the mind of some on here who just know how bad it is in other countries with universal health insurance because rush, beck, palin and the rest of the whackos said so. And of course they know someone who knows someone who this or that bad thing happened to...

Thanks, peaches, for your insights and personal experience. Of course you understand that this won't change the mind of some on here who just know how bad it is in other countries with universal health insurance because rush, beck, palin and the rest of the whackos said so. And of course they know someone who knows someone who this or that bad thing happened to...

You are so welcome!!!

Now I challenge you all to watch SICKO see if it dosn`t answer some of your questions about Health Care in other countries... its surprising. Just keep an open mind.

Why would God want us to be obedient to stealing (i.e. paying taxes)?

God wants us to be obedient to those in authority over us, dispite their wrong doings. It is the government who is doing the stealing, not the people they collect taxes from.

Cleos, anyone who tries to tell you that their religion or beliefs or spirituality is superior to yours is not a person who is working to be the kind of person that their beloved Bible says they should endeavor to be. They are myopic, single-minded, selfish, self-important and extremely brainwashed.

Anyone who does not seek to understand things beyond the simple teachings of the Bible, Christian educators and writings and accepted clerical wisdom cannot begin to adequately judge another's spirituality. They cannot because they do not have the tools nor the spiritual wisdom to begin to understand the true spiritual powers of our minds and of our universe.

The extremist right wing fundamentalists fear anything beyond their own shallow belief system that was structured carefully to keep them obedient. I feel sorry for them like I feel sorry for the children of fanatical Muslim terrorists who are being groomed to kill anyone who disagrees with the extremist Muslim beliefs. They're literally like sheep to slaughter.

God wants us to be obedient to those in authority over us, dispite their wrong doings. It is the government who is doing the stealing, not the people they collect taxes from.

So, once again, when the government collects taxes, it's stealing? Did this stealing just start under Pres. Obama or was it stealing when bush collected taxes, started two wars (both unfunded), gave Halliburton a no-bid contract ($18 billion still missing and unaccounted for by them), gave a trillion dollar (unfunded) giveaway to pharma, etc...

And God wants us to be obedient to those in authority over us despite their wrong doing? Hmmm. Well, then those nazis that gassed Jews and threw live children into the crematoriums and then claimed "they were just following orders" were doing what God wanted them to do- "be obedient to those in authority over us despite their wrong doing". Wow! And you claim I don't understand spirituality? :thumbup:

You are so welcome!!!

Now I challenge you all to watch SICKO see if it dosn`t answer some of your questions about Health Care in other countries... its surprising. Just keep an open mind.

I have seen all of Michael Moore's movies and enjoyed them all.

So, once again, when the government collects taxes, it's stealing? Did this stealing just start under Pres. Obama or was it stealing when bush collected taxes, started two wars (both unfunded), gave Halliburton a no-bid contract ($18 billion still missing and unaccounted for by them), gave a trillion dollar (unfunded) giveaway to pharma, etc...

And God wants us to be obedient to those in authority over us despite their wrong doing? Hmmm. Well, then those nazis that gassed Jews and threw live children into the crematoriums and then claimed "they were just following orders" were doing what God wanted them to do- "be obedient to those in authority over us despite their wrong doing". Wow! And you claim I don't understand spirituality? :thumbup:

Perfectly illlustrated, Cleo's. And remember pg is only one who believes in this fashion. There are millions of others - many of whom think that the tea party agenda is legitimate. They're sheep to slaughter.

Cleos, anyone who tries to tell you that their religion or beliefs or spirituality is superior to yours is not a person who is working to be the kind of person that their beloved Bible says they should endeavor to be. They are myopic, single-minded, selfish, self-important and extremely brainwashed.

Anyone who does not seek to understand things beyond the simple teachings of the Bible, Christian educators and writings and accepted clerical wisdom cannot begin to adequately judge another's spirituality. They cannot because they do not have the tools nor the spiritual wisdom to begin to understand the true spiritual powers of our minds and of our universe.

The extremist right wing fundamentalists fear anything beyond their own shallow belief system that was structured carefully to keep them obedient. I feel sorry for them like I feel sorry for the children of fanatical Muslim terrorists who are being groomed to kill anyone who disagrees with the extremist Muslim beliefs. They're literally like sheep to slaughter.

You're so right. The religious zealots have a political agenda that they try to push down the throats of the rest of us under the guise of "the bible".

The thing that makes me the sickest is the fact that they refuse to work with the progressive thinkers in any way, shape or fashion. All they do is block every attempt to move this country forward. They argue with every idea or suggestion, without any substantive suggestions for alternatives. They're obstructionists with a passion for discrimination.

They discrminate against anyone with beliefs or opinions that are different from their own. They do this because they are afraid and they are ignorant. And it's a dangerous place, this country. They're causing it to bloom into a very volatile environment and a dangerous place for progressive free thinkers to live.

The thing that makes me the sickest is the fact that they refuse to work with the progressive thinkers in any way, shape or fashion. All they do is block every attempt to move this country forward. They argue with every idea or suggestion, without any substantive suggestions for alternatives. They're obstructionists with a passion for discrimination.

They discrminate against anyone with beliefs or opinions that are different from their own. They do this because they are afraid and they are ignorant. And it's a dangerous place, this country. They're causing it to bloom into a very volatile environment and a dangerous place for progressive free thinkers to live.

The proof that so much of this is rooted in hatred for Pres. Obama is all the examples I have posted (mostly on the now shut down hypocrisy of republicans thread) about the ideas supported by republicans until Pres. Obama supported them and then they were against them.

The republicans are falling all over each other trying to be the most conservative. "I'm the most conservative" "No, I'm the most conservative". It's amusing and pathetic to watch "I'm a maverick" "No, I'm not a maverick" McCain flip flop all over the place like a fish out of Water in his attempts to become the more conservative candidate in AZ.

They might win some battles in the short term with this narrowing of idealology but in the end they will lose the war because this is a centrist country. But I will do all I can to keep it from being hijacked by the extremists on the right.