Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

If I were a betting man.... my money would be on likes to spread lies and cause trouble.

Fact check states: Also, the bill, in Section 202, sets up a new building retrofit program that would give federal funds to states to provide financial assistance to homeowners who want, and volunteer, to make upgrades to their current homes

More spending!!!! WOW!! If all the current give aways wasn't enough! Now the government will steal my money and GIVE it to anyone who wants to upgrade their home! That's what I call curbing the spending!

You know most people after posting something so blatantly wrong, would go missing until the smoke blew over. But not our patty. She'll come back swinging with some other misrepresentation or lie or Bible thumping proclamation.

These people are fueled by the fires that rage at Fox. Which are fueled by the fires that Rupert Murdoch starts.

You know most people after posting something so blatantly wrong, would go missing until the smoke blew over. But not our patty. She'll come back swinging with some other misrepresentation or lie or Bible thumping proclamation.

These people are fueled by the fires that rage at Fox. Which are fueled by the fires that Rupert Murdoch starts.

That was no misrepresentation. The link was right there on Cleo's post and Fact check wrote it.

That was no misrepresentation. The link was right there on Cleo's post and Fact check wrote it.

No Patty, Bjean meant your original email post, the one that was full of lies and deceptions. The one you didnt bother to fact check.

Fact check states: Also, the bill, in Section 202, sets up a new building retrofit program that would give federal funds to states to provide financial assistance to homeowners who want, and volunteer, to make upgrades to their current homes

More spending!!!! WOW!! If all the current give aways wasn't enough! Now the government will steal my money and GIVE it to anyone who wants to upgrade their home! That's what I call curbing the spending!

What do you want to bet the assistance is income dependent and for energy efficient improvements? Now, if we want to become more energy efficient (which means use less of it) then we have to make an investment. One way to start it to help homeowners upgrade their home's energy efficiency. Nothing wrong with that. New energy windows, maybe solar panels, etc.. There has to be an incentive, either assistance or tax write offs to get people to do this. Because these things are costly, but in the end they help the nation become more energy efficient - and that takes an investment - and that takes money.

What do you want to bet the assistance is income dependent and for energy efficient improvements? Now, if we want to become more energy efficient (which means use less of it) then we have to make an investment. One way to start it to help homeowners upgrade their home's energy efficiency. Nothing wrong with that. New energy windows, maybe solar panels, etc.. There has to be an incentive, either assistance or tax write offs to get people to do this. Because these things are costly, but in the end they help the nation become more energy efficient - and that takes an investment - and that takes money.

There are so many wants in life. The government can NOT afford to meet them all. Our funds are not unlimited, you know. But, I know that doesn't matter to you. Just like a liberal. Spend! Spend! spend! Who cares where the money is going to come from. "I'll worry about that tomorrow!"

Every bit of spending the government does is "for a good cause" in the eyes of the one who put in for it, but we just have too many "good" causes these days.:Dancing_biggrin: Time to STOP the spending. What happend to Obama's promise to reign in the spending? He lies!

I wonder why people are posting their political rants and raves on a site for Lap band? There must be other sites for that!!???

I wonder why people are posting their political rants and raves on a site for LAP-BAND®? There must be other sites for that!!???

Hi. I can see that you are new here. This is the rants and raves "off topic" section of Lap Band Talk. This is where people go who are tired of talking about their lapband with others and want to talk about other topics. So, if the lap band is your thing, then this is the wrong firum for you to be on. But, if you like politics, and if you're a conservative, I'd love to have you join my side of the conversation here!:Dancing_biggrin: I have all these liberals against me!

Yes Sunnee please join us. It's fun. Patty's the lone conservative these days and could we could use some more conservatives to keep our debate lively. Welcome!

Hi. I can see that you are new here. This is the rants and raves "off topic" section of Lap Band Talk. This is where people go who are tired of talking about their LAP-BAND® with others and want to talk about other topics. So, if the LAP-BAND® is your thing, then this is the wrong firum for you to be on. But, if you like politics, and if you're a conservative, I'd love to have you join my side of the conversation here!:Dancing_biggrin: I have all these liberals against me!

We are just against all the lies, misrepresentations, half-truths and most of all hypocrisy from the republicans and neocons.

And as for becoming energy efficient. It will take an investment now to reap the benefits in the future. If you install solar panels, it costs you money up front, but will eventually save you money on your energy bills, not to mention help our planet. That's what our government would be doing helping people to invest in energy efficient things for their homes. It will pay off in the future.

We are just against all the lies, misrepresentations, half-truths and most of all hypocrisy from the republicans and neocons.

And as for becoming energy efficient. It will take an investment now to reap the benefits in the future. If you install solar panels, it costs you money up front, but will eventually save you money on your energy bills, not to mention help our planet. That's what our government would be doing helping people to invest in energy efficient things for their homes. It will pay off in the future.

Everything the government does will be an investment for the future. :Dancing_biggrin: It never seems to get us out of the hole financially, only digs us deeper into debt. Don't believe it!

Everything the government does will be an investment for the future. :Dancing_biggrin: It never seems to get us out of the hole financially, only digs us deeper into debt. Don't believe it!

We were "out of the hole" AND had a surplus under democrat Clinton. Let me think for a millisecond whose policies took that surplus and turned it into a deficit. Oh, I know, that would be republican bush. So, you see, when you don't give tax cuts to the rich and start two wars, it can be done.

And like I told you before, most of the spending we are doing now is for the wars, tax cuts and programs that bush enacted. Which one of them do you want to eliminate?:

1) tax cuts for the rich (results in reduced revenue)

2) medicare part D (one trillion over 10 years - unfunded)

3) two wars (nearly a trillion)

Keep in mind that stopping them now won't change the debt they have caused us so far, it would just stop the CONTINUED spending on them. You know, the spending you keep complaining about.

This guy gets it and I know he's not sorry he voted for Obama and neither am I:

One man with a sign

Lenny Kates, 69, is a retired social worker from Pittsfield, Massachusetts. Over the last couple of months, once a week, Kates goes to a busy traffic circle in the center of his hometown, and he stands there for hours, holding a sign that reads: "Be Grateful for President Obama".

03062010214107bmp.jpg

"The amount of disrespect being shown to Barack Obama is beyond belief. I had been increasingly upset with people attacking him, and found myself thinking that Americans aren’t grateful for the effort he’s been putting forth
. The word ‘grateful’ made sense to me. It’s an empathic, non-toxic word, but at the same time it reflects my worries about the country and my concern about the stress and strain the president may be under."

On April 15, Tax Day, Kates spent three hours standing near a small gathering of teabaggers.

He recalls being anxious as to how he’d be received by the assembled protestors, one of whom displayed an ‘Obama as Hitler’ sign. "I got hardly any direct response," begins Kates. "People [from the Tea Party] looked at me and rolled their eyes. And two individuals came over and asked if I was being ironic," he says matter-of-factly.

Since that day, Kates has continued his one-man support group every week.

Despite the fact that a Tea Party served as his inspiration, Kates’ message is primarily aimed at liberals and centrists, who, he says, ought to be realistic about how much change Obama can deliver is just a year or two. "Obama walked into a situation where our economy was close to totally failin. It’s tough for him to do much more than work to save the economy, and also to restore democratic ways of thinking. Don’t get caught up in talking about what you wish Obama would do, talk about what he is doing and point out why, in the present political climate, it’s hard for him to be doing what one would wish he’d do."

As for those considering voting for conservatives in the 2010 midterm elections, Kates says, "Don’t forget that the problems we’re facing—what happened to our economy and our standing in the world—were caused by Republicans, the people who were in charge for the prior eight years. It doesn’t make sense to blame the president and everybody in Washington, because the problems were caused beforehand. We can’t go back to the former ways of handling the economy," he emphasizes.

Still, it’s the way the far-right treats Obama that most motivates Kates and he says that while he would be happy to have others join him, he’s willing to continue going it alone. Especially since he's worried that Obama will decide not to run for re-election.

"I try to put myself in his place. And if people said, ‘We’re going to destroy you’—and people have said that—well, I wouldn’t want to put myself in his place."

dailykos

NEOCON!!!!!

Dems, hold the line.