Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

tdlsf1: Your Postings are starting to sound a hell of a lot like "Joe The Plumber"? Remember that Yahoo that was worried about (his) taxes being raised and his concern about "Wealth Redistribution"? He never earned 50K in his lifetime, wasn`t a licensed Plumber and had about as much hope of one day owning his own Plumbing Business (without being licensed) as he had in securing a position on the Supreme Court. What the hell you guy`s been smoking? Life`s too short to drink cheap beer! It`s rotting what few brain cells you have left!

Also amazing, you big proponents of the Defense Department and Pentagon don`t seem to be overly concerned that the Veterans Administration is so badly underfunded? You love the Troops but when it comes to care and providing the funds to keep the VA Hospitals in top shape, total silence. Bethesda Naval Hospital and Walter Reed Army Hospital are a total disgrace. Where`s your OUTRAGE!

Phil says,

tdlsf1: Your Postings are starting to sound a hell of a lot like "Joe The Plumber"? Remember that Yahoo that was worried about (his) taxes being raised and his concern about "Wealth Redistribution"? He never earned 50K in his lifetime, wasn`t a licensed Plumber and had about as much hope of one day owning his own Plumbing Business (without being licensed) as he had in securing a position on the Supreme Court. What the hell you guy`s been smoking? Life`s too short to drink cheap beer! It`s rotting what few brain cells you have left!

What exactly did I say that contradicts this?

Phil says,

What exactly did I say that contradicts this?

Opps....I`m sincerely sorry and apologize for posting my response to you! This Oil Spill and BP situation in the Gulf has got me so upset, I replied to you instead of ariscus99. Usually its my misguided friend PG from CT that gets me jacked up and force`s me into a rant!

The Military Industrial Complex has drained the US Treasury of 100`s of Billions of dollars of waste and useless spending due to the fact that they use National Security to defend their budget. Much like the US Postal Service who uses the same Contractors as the Defense Dept. Siemens, Lockheed-Martin, Martin-Marietta, Gruman, etc to purchase state of the art, high tech automation mail sortation machinery that is no longer needed due to drastic drop in mail volume, yet they continue to get billion dollar contracts to fill in the gap for whatever wasn`t picked up by the Defense Dept. It`s funny you right wing Tea Party advocates have No Problem with "corporate welfare" but always throw a shit-fit when money is wasted on "social welfare"! They always use the same tired excuse.....the old (trickle down doctrine) that throwing money at Big Business will ultimately create jobs.....WRONG! Most of these jobs are out-sourced off shore anyhow and the only group that truly benefits are the Board of Directors and to a lesser degree the Shareholders. The Big Lie!

It's the ultimate mystery of the decade! How they've been able to get middle class people join up to the "Tea Party" movement and rant and rave against taxing corporations and making corporations pay their fair share and at the same time preaching that government is bad. Of course the Tea Party movement was started by big business and funded by them so I get that part, but why so many regular folk support it and march in the streets when it is not at all in their own best interest is a real shocker.

(Btw, there's no Martin Marietta anymore. It's Lockheed Martin. And it's made up of segments of General Electric and other various and sundry corporations they bought up along the way.)

Its advertising, as a nation we "buy" any message that is pumped to us enough times. When my friends come from other countries they can not believe all the advertising that we are subjected to. But like I tell them, they do it because its effective, nobody asks "What do they have to gain by telling me this?" Maybe I am just a cynic but anytime someone promotes something to me my first question is "How do you get paid?"

Wrong Again! The federal government is in financial ruin due to the 8 years of the previous Bush administration which spent hundreds of billions of dollars in an unnecessary War on Terror looking for Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq as an excuse for the attempt to get cheap oil for his and Chaney`s Texas oil interests and to help increase profits for Hallibuton Corp. while sacrificing thousands of America`a young men and women in our War to democratize a Arab State. American empire building due to our endless thirst for cheap oil. Want to make some real savings and reduce the federal deficit? Cut the Pentagon budget by 50%. Lets have a Tea Party!

Right on brother!!! You said it""

Now my 2cents. Unless and until WE all stop driving our cars for Unnecessary travel and keep gu«z«ling all the OIL in the free world, some IDIOT in government will keep sending our youth to slaughter in the Middle East...

The solution lies with everyday Americans... use cleaner fuel, spend more MONEY putting up WIND turbins to generate power, make more Nucleur Hydro Plants, more SOLAR energy... we have to stop relying on OIL... because we can`t MAKE it, it is of limited supply... and the guys with the supply are the ARABS.... and oh yeah, you get most of your natural gas from us Canadians... and we don`t mind selling to you but IT will run out eventually too.

-A Canadian in support of a CLEAN Gulf of Mexico!!!

Opps....I`m sincerely sorry and apologize for posting my response to you! This Oil Spill and BP situation in the Gulf has got me so upset, I replied to you instead of ariscus99. Usually its my misguided friend PG from CT that gets me jacked up and force`s me into a rant!

What have I said that is reminiscent of Joe the Plumber?

Right on brother!!! You said it""

Now my 2cents. Unless and until WE all stop driving our cars for Unnecessary travel and keep gu«z«ling all the OIL in the free world, some IDIOT in government will keep sending our youth to slaughter in the Middle East...

The solution lies with everyday Americans... use cleaner fuel, spend more MONEY putting up WIND turbins to generate power, make more Nucleur Hydro Plants, more SOLAR energy... we have to stop relying on OIL... because we can`t MAKE it, it is of limited supply... and the guys with the supply are the ARABS.... and oh yeah, you get most of your natural gas from us Canadians... and we don`t mind selling to you but IT will run out eventually too.

-A Canadian in support of a CLEAN Gulf of Mexico!!!

It's pretty tough to get Americans off high center and actually moving in the right direction. People are afraid of change and we've been very comfortable living with a car for every member of the family. We've never developed a good transit system in any place but the really major cities.

We have a society that relies so much on their cars, they don't even want to get out of them to go to the bank, buy food or get their prescriptions refilled. Now Walmart (being the brilliant money makers that they are) are proposing to have drive up windows. I guess you'll be able to go online, fill out a form to order and then pay online and drive by and pop your trunk while you sit in the driver's seat and let them put your order in.

It isn't really that we're all too lazy. We're just too busy. Working long hours to get ahead and buy more stuff and eating in our cars as we rush to the next place is killing us. We work more than most other industrialized countries and vacation less. We're huge consumers of everything. We've moved away from our birthplace and some of us hardly know our neighbors.

What a lifestyle! And it's killing us. And it's killing our children.

And what Leigha said about advertising is absolutely the truth.

And it's one huge reason why we work so hard to acquire all the things that we see in all the commercials and print ads.

We'll die, but we'll have cool clothes, highly styled hair, lots of flashy jewely and sophisticated make up to make us look good in our coffins.

2) How do you think the programs bush enacted are currently being funded? OBama was in the Congress when bush was in office as well as many other democrats like him. He voted for these spending sprees. Now he must find a way to pay for them.He wasn't in the senate when they voted to go to war with Iraq. And he voted against one of their funding bills when he was. However, the bigger point is that the republicans controlled the white house, congress and the senate. The blame belongs solely on them. They didn't need democratic votes to promote their spending spree. You are just another neocon trying to rewrite history and I won't let you. IT'S BUSH'S FAULT. PERIOD

When WE, as a nation, made the decision to go to war, EVERYONE in Congress was all for it. Whether they were dems or reps is irrelevent. The dems in this nation also wanted revenge for 9/11 and wanted to go to war. They thought, as Bush did, that Saddam was the cause of 9/11. I can remember that the whole nation banned together and wanted to go to war because of 9/11. What became of the war is a whole nother issue.

the American people were

failed by the majority of a Congress – a coequal branch of government – that voted to give the President the open-ended authority to wage that war. Let’s be clear: without that vote, there would have been no war.

{Cleo's quote}And I am sick of YOU constantly yapping about Pres. Obama's spending and the deficit. If it weren't for bush's reckless policies and his taking care of his rich friends with tax cuts, Pres. Obama wouldn't be stuck cleaning up his mess.

Say it again, Cleo's. Can you say it one more time?

Blah,blah, blah. Don`t believe in reproductive freedom for Women and Abortion Rights...Great. Simply don`t have one! Since to the best of my knowledge, Men don`t get pregnant, this is strictly a Women`s issue anyhow. Whether one be Pro-life or Pro-choice, its a WOMEN`S decision to make and a private one at that. Remember, Hate The Sin, Love The Sinner, and by the way, how about adding, mind your own business![/QUOTE]

Keeping your fellow man safe from those who want to kill him is everyone's business.

{Cleo's quote}And I am sick of YOU constantly yapping about Pres. Obama's spending and the deficit. If it weren't for bush's reckless policies and his taking care of his rich friends with tax cuts, Pres. Obama wouldn't be stuck cleaning up his mess.

Say it again, Cleo's. Can you say it one more time?

She doesn't have to, I will. It is flat out stupid to keep blaming the economic mess we're in on President Obama's "spending spree." Yours and people like you's insistence that big government, now that we have a Democratic President, is the problem and that our president is spending us into oblivion, is poppycock, pure and simple.

You detest the fact that we have a Democratic President. You detest the fact that he cares about making changes in this country because you don't want change. You want to keep us in the America that allowed discrimination and white supremacy.

Furthermore, you have been manipulated by your politicians, who are driven by greed, to believe that supporting big corporations is more worthy than supporting your government. And that is flat out stupid because history has told us that the Republican "trickle down" theory of economics absolutely does not work. And it's also been proven that without government interference and regulation, our economy won't make it.

In a perfect democracy it would work, but we don't have any such thing. What we have is a wealthy few who are amassing huge utterly unspendable in a life-time fortunes, on the back of the working class citizens. And people who can't think for themselves are championing that cause. It is so wrong and so backasswards it is bound to bite them in the butt eventually. Thank God.

Blah,blah, blah. Don`t believe in reproductive freedom for Women and Abortion Rights...Great. Simply don`t have one! Since to the best of my knowledge, Men don`t get pregnant, this is strictly a Women`s issue anyhow. Whether one be Pro-life or Pro-choice, its a WOMEN`S decision to make and a private one at that. Remember, Hate The Sin, Love The Sinner, and by the way, how about adding, mind your own business![/QUOTE]

Keeping your fellow man safe from those who want to kill him is everyone's business.

patty if someone wants to kill another human being you can't stop them. you can make it illegal but you can't stop it from happening before it happens.

Making abortion illegal will not stop abortions from happening either. I don't care whether you think it is murder or not. Some women are unable for many reasons, to survive a pregnancy. They have a right to their own lives. It may make you personally uncomfortable and unhappy, but it is a delimma that only the people involved can have the power to resolve. You cannot insert yourself into people's lives and tell them that they must die in order for a new life to begin. And even if you could somehow manage to do that, it would be wrong. You do not have that power and you do not in any way deserve to have that power.