Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting banded on the 24th and I am going out tonight with my friends. I have been following the pre-op diet with no cheats. I am seriously considering having one last cheese burger!! Any thoughts? Did anyone else have one last easy meal?

No, I did not. I didn't want to go into the operating room to be cut open only to return with no band, because my liver did not shrink enough. I had read Restlessmonkey's story and that scared me straight.

LOL TQuad64....no kidding. I planned to post:

Yes I had a last meal. It got me: NO BAND!

Don't do it if you possibly have the grit to pass it up....you'll be able to eat a cheeseburger again if you want one. Right now it's important that you do what your doc says when he says it, so that you'll get through the next weeks intact and in good shape and positioned to succeed!

id have the cheeseburger, my best friend had her surgery the end of oct. and she didnt start the diet until 2days before her surgery. hers went great. i wouldnt push it much furhter that tonight though

LOL TQuad64....no kidding. I planned to post:

Yes I had a last meal. It got me: NO BAND!

Don't do it if you possibly have the grit to pass it up....you'll be able to eat a cheeseburger again if you want one. Right now it's important that you do what your doc says when he says it, so that you'll get through the next weeks intact and in good shape and positioned to succeed!

Yep, I owe you Restless. When I read your story it scared me straight. When I got out of surgery and was in recovery the very first thing I asked was "is there a band in me?" And yes there was. :sneaky:

The next thing I asked is how was my liver. I swear true story!!!!

id have the cheeseburger, my best friend had her surgery the end of oct. and she didnt start the diet until 2days before her surgery. hers went great. i wouldnt push it much furhter that tonight though

I would not chance it. If you cheat on this, then will you not cheat on the post-op-diet too? Start making healthy habits now that will get you towards your goals. Your friend took a big risk and I would never recommend that anyone not follow their doctor's instructions.

all im saying is if he is gonna cheat to do it now and get it over to have that 1 thing and be done with it while he still has the next few days to do the pre-op diet properly. slot of surgeons only require 3-4 days of the liquid diet anyway. as hard as its been i havent cheated on my pre-op diet. im at work sipping on a Protein Shake thats part of my diet. one of my co-workers just walked in the room with pizza. i told her id kick her skinny butt if she didnt hurry up and get it away from me. lol

I understand the concept of wanting a "last meal".

But think about a few things here. First of all, the Doctor gave you a Diet that you are EXPECTED to follow as a condition of your surgery. You NEED to do that....you DON"t want to have any problems on the operating table. I just learned of Restless Monkey's situation myself, and I really don't think you want to go through that.

Also....A very large part of the REASON you are facing this surgery is because of BAD DECISIONS you have made in the past, with regard to eating. This has been the case with most of us. We spent much of our lives eating TOO MUCH of the WRONG STUFF. And now, we have all had to have surgical intervention to correct the problems created by our bad decisions.

NOW - RIGHT NOW - is the time for you to begin making the CORRECT decisions. And the best decision you could make at this moment is to follow your Surgeons instructions.

The band is not going to make these decisions for you. You can still find ways to eat "around" the band if you want to. The band will ONLY work if YOU do. YOU have to make the choices.

So, begin your new life with a decision that you will follow your Doctor's orders. No Cheeseburger. It's that kind of food that got you where you are today. You need to begin your new life the RIGHT way.

HH

I too was scared straight by RestlessMonkey's story and I really thank her for sharing it with all of us. Any time I felt like cheating on my pre-op diet, I thought about her waking up in the recovery room with no band because she hadn't followed her doctor's pre-op diet instructions. Not worth it to take that chance. As Restless said - it won't be that long until you can have a cheeseburger again (I've had one... no bun... but still delicious). Hang in there and stay focused on why you are having the surgery. Now is a good time to begin making good choices. Good luck to you!!! Becky

Well, I just got back and I didn't do it. Yay me!!! I came late drank Water and then went to the movie. I realize now I could have had wine, that's clear right? J/K!! I'm happy I stuck to it, it gives me confidence in myself.

Good for you, banderoo! I'm happy for you! :tt2:

Well, I just got back and I didn't do it. Yay me!!! I came late drank Water and then went to the movie. I realize now I could have had wine, that's clear right? J/K!! I'm happy I stuck to it, it gives me confidence in myself.

Good job!!!:tt2:

Hey! GREAT JOB!

I'm very proud of you....I know how tempting that must have been, but you made the RIGHT CHOICE. You will find that each time you make a decision like that, it will become a little bit easier. And every time you make a decsion like that, you will move a little closer to your goal.

AWESOME!

HH