Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It Bugs the Crap Out of Me When People do This!!

Maybe it's just me, but it really annoys the crap out of me when pre-band people post on here complaining about how they will never get banded because they have no money, no health insurance, and no credit.

If you already know that, then why the heck post about it? You can't pay for the band with wishes and prayers.

I mean really, it's not like there are people on this board who will read the post and offer to pay for the band!!

Maybe I feel this way because I was self pay. Maybe I'm just a tiny insensitive, but there are MANY of us who found a way to pay for the band when insurance wasn't an option.

Anyone else feel this way when they see those particular posts? I think the thing that bugs me the most is when people equate physically qualifying for the band with deserving the band.

Edited by cattoy71

Hmmmm, I get your point but sometimes it feels better to just say stuff, think aloud on here.

I post on PS threads all the time, although at this stage I cant afford any plastic surgery! In Australia, its REALLy expensive and not covered by insurance unless you have like enough skin for 3 people and its causing health problems or are hideously deformed. I cant even decide if I want it when I can afford it.

But I post all the time, lol. I guess I have a big mouth, I have something to say about everything :-)

I get mad at band bashing threads. This is a lap band forum. I know people have complications etc, or have other surgeries, and there are sections to discuss that. But I have a band and I love it and I dont want to hear about how useless they are and how they dont work and how the risk of something going wrong is 200%.

Lol, whats the bet this thread will get moved to R&R?

People have a need to talk about things that are bothering them. The forum is a way to vent those feelings as well it is a way to reach out. Sometimes having someone know what you are going through helps you from feeling alone. Communicating your hurts, victories, trials and all other feelings is a way to release and let go as well as reach out and receive support.

We all need that.

:thumbup:

I figure they are wondering whether some of us knows of some savvy bit of financial by "hook and by crook" that will work for them, too. But, no, only all fashioned money and good credit will do, eh. *wink*

That's a good point, green. But I do also think that *some* of them think that if they post a plea, that an angel will come out of the woodwork and magically gift them with a band.

I call this "magic" thinking and some people have it. They don't seem to get the connection between their actions and the natural consequences that happen to them. Good things either happen to them or they don't.

But my pet peeve is different. It's people who talk about "deserving" a band (or any WLS) as if there are people out there who are obese and don't deserve to have WLS. You wouldn't talk about who does and doesn't deserve insulin or chemotherapy or even antibiotics for a minor infections, so why is WLS any different?

It shouldn't be IMO. If my doctor and I decide this is the medically appropriate treatment for me, then that should be the end of it.

I was self pay too ...my ins would not pay my gp and my endocrinologist both wrote letters to them ...so I had to save for 4mths and use savings I went to dr.k and got my band and am now very happy... You have to work for what you want and even if you get a band you will still have to do your part I hope these people understand that..

Uhm... no it doesn't bother me.. and I am self-pay too.

I would be annoyed if someone said "Can you donate money to help me" or something similar.... but ranting about not having the funds, well.. feels better to get it off your chest, yea?

I like to bitch about my crappy insurance which is horribly expensive--and about to triple for me in a couple months, and they don't even cover this stuff.. Bastards.

I would be annoyed if someone said "Can you donate money to help me" or something similar.... but ranting about not having the funds, well.. feels better to get it off your chest, yea?

Well, it seems to be working for Octo-Mom.:rolleyes: Seriously, no, it doesn't bother me. I think sometimes it just helps to vent.

Well, it seems to be working for Octo-Mom.:tongue2: Seriously, no, it doesn't bother me. I think sometimes it just helps to vent.

Well, yes.. and she pisses me off!!! :rose:

I would be annoyed if someone said "Can you donate money to help me" or something similar....

I've actually seen that on this board. Maybe not will YOU donate money but ... how can I get someone to "sponsor" me for a band? IOW, how can I convince someone to pay for my band for me.

Edited by MacMadame

I've seen that too!

I just wonder how people think posting about how they have no cash, have a low credit score and thus can't get credit, and have no insurance will help their situation:glare: Unfortunately, there are no lapband fairies.

I've seen many lap-banders reply with really great information...particularly about how they can repair their bad credit, but the poster never seems to be happy with the answers....especially if it involves a multi year kinda plan.

I was self pay to the tune of $17k and it wasn't exactly a beeezy financial decision for my husband and me. I've also seen other lap-banders talk of how they have borrowed from their 401k or mortage to pay for their surgeries, and how it was the best decision they have made.

Edited by cattoy71

Yet another post bander bash of pre banders with a little dash of why must the poor complain, let them eat cake!

There....that should fire em up:sneaky::rose:

It does not bother me to read posts like this. People need to share their fears, concerns, and anger in a relatively safe environment.

Sometimes people have no one else they can share with, so what better way to do that than here where no one knows you, unless you post your picture.:rose:

What fortune cookie did you get that out of? :w00t: