Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

girlie problem x100

ok so i know that the band gets tighter when that time of month comes around. although i have not been able to eat anything today, my band only has 6cc in 10cc band. Not only that, but i have had KILLER KILLER cramps, to the point of crying and bedrest all day. I didn't know what i could take, as when i called the dr. and they were not there. I found the meds from my surgury and i took 2 of them as directed (oxycodone) It has worked wonders, although now.. my temperature SPIKED wayyyy high, then it went low, and now it is normal. when it spiked, i had to change all of my clothes two times because i sweat soo much, you could wring out the clothes. I have thrown up several times today, although it was heaving because i haven't been able to eat, and Now i am just nausious. I was able to eat some pretzels which tasted SOOOOOOO good, never tasted so good. It almost soaked up all the stomach juices in my stomach. What can i take for cramps? Tylonal does not work for me, i do not want to go this route tommorow at all...so please help!!!!!

Ugh, losing weight can cause a lot of hormonal upheaval. I went through about eight or nine months of horrendous periods, about a year into my journey - including agonising bowel cramps (without diarrhoea, weird) that kept me housebound and sweating for hours. It felt like labour but worse.

I had all sorts of check ups, yes, a bit of endometriosis (not surprising, strong family history) and we were considering maybe a laperotomy but I put it off to the end of the year when I'd finished uni. And it kind of passed and every month has been like normal for me since then.

So take heart, it might pass as your body settles down a bit.

I cant advise on meds, since my doc cleared me to take an anti inflammatory if I needed and that worked, but of course, with a band, its not a safe practice to carry on with regularly. But its the only thing that worked for me.

i feel like i want a historectomy...i want this gone, i hate this...it has always been bad with cramps, but why keep intact per se if my husband can not have kids to begin with? I just want to neuter myself! lol. I know we can do a donor or whatever, although if that doesn't happen with in the next 2 years, i am going to dye of pain and suffering. I am only 27, and for the past 4 years the pain has gotten so much worst. I was on birthcontrol the Yaz one, but my period would not stop....for over a month!!! so they took me off of it. I am so at a loss....the feeling of puking is horrible, no matter what i do.....i know the band actually isn't all that tight normally, although now drinking is a problem....i am so tired...no energy at all, can't keep anything down, and i want my insides to be taken out!!!

I am so sorry you're going through this. It would seem like you need something to help you sleep, that isn't going to make you nauseous, until it calms down. Can you get a hold of anything like Xanex?

I think you can take liquid motrin. I think the thing with anti inflammatories is they don't want them sitting in your pouch. I would take it with saltine crackers.

Have you considered an IUD? The Mirena one has some hormones that help you to have much much lighter periods, it's good for five years, and you don't have to worry about it. I personally have the other 10 year one. If you have insurance, they normally pay for it. I have also used Seasonique bc pill in the past, which you take non stop for three months, then have a 1-week rest, then three months again. I loved it. It was awesome only dealing with my period four times a year.

Watch getting fills during your period too, especially with your current problems. I learned this the hard way. Got a little fill and had to have twice as much taken out the next day. I'll definately avoid that week of the month from now on when I schedule my fills. Keep your chin up and ask your doctor for pain meds!!!