Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2009 Exercise Challenge

Mornin' Warriors!

So what are your thoughts on duration vs intensity? I can definately make the 30 min threshold on a regular basis, but any more than that (with my commute back and forth taking major time out of my day as well) I just can't seem to manage.

Thoughts?

I agree with everyone else. At least you are getting exercise in and that is a lot more than some people. So good job. I also agree with your assessment of maybe more intensity. Maybe add some light weights to the walk. I bet Jachut has some great tips too!

I think intensity too if time is short. Just add some intervals of high intensity stuff.

I did a spin class today, just felt like it. It was GREAT fun.

I love doing these things that I only do very rarely (like spinning or swimming laps). My memory of doing them is of hard work and then I go and it was as easy as. I mean, not easy because I pushed myself but I remember spinning as vomit inducing, face beet red pulsating stuff and it wasnt that hard and I did over 30kms on the bike in the class. And I could do the stand up/sit down really fast routine, where I just simply couldnt do that 2 years ago.

I went to Pilates. Boy have I missed it!

Mornin' Warriors!

Decided to test my limits last night and tried out a program I downloaded from ITrain for rowing. It's called "IRow" (doh) and I downloaded the trial workout and the 20 minute beginner workout. Did the 20 minute beginner work out and while I was tired at the end, I made it through! :thumbup:

Never thought I'd do it, but I just kept going. So...that means I've been underestimating myself. I've done it before - and I'm not sure where the lack of confidence comes from, but I've crossed that hurdle and I'm not going back!

Felt great - tired at the end, but no back pain, so my form was good. I'll be doing that workout for at least the next 2 - 3 weeks, and then I'll get the next one up (40 min I think).

Thanks for all the good wishes and encouragement, y'all! Knowing you are all out there pushing through your own challenges keeps me going. My goal is to one day be able to keep up with Ceradad and Jachut!:tt2:

The nerve of that woman. :smile: I say take her out at the knee caps next time you see at the gym.

Trust me, I wanted to.:tt2: Beat her to the good treadmill today.:thumbup:

Last night was upper body supersets with 11 pushups btwn each superset. Really noticing the difference these give me.

This morning was 3 miles/0 incline/29:05. Followed that with 10 min. cooldown and 15 minutes on elliptical.

I think intensity too if time is short. Just add some intervals of high intensity stuff.

I did a spin class today, just felt like it. It was GREAT fun.

I love doing these things that I only do very rarely (like spinning or swimming laps). My memory of doing them is of hard work and then I go and it was as easy as. I mean, not easy because I pushed myself but I remember spinning as vomit inducing, face beet red pulsating stuff and it wasnt that hard and I did over 30kms on the bike in the class. And I could do the stand up/sit down really fast routine, where I just simply couldnt do that 2 years ago.

Spin classes have been my best friend on this journey. IMO they are the best bang for the buck going for intense cardio. The first few classes lead you to believe you're trying to kill yourself, but as your body acclimates it actually starts to crave it more! I've become so addicted to it that I have two spin bikes in my basement now! In fact, I'm sitting on one in my avatar pic...

Brad

Nope, just keeps irking me. :tt2:

Me thinks a mist of oleoresin capsicum would clear the treadmill.... :thumbup:

Brad

I took it easy today. I ran 2 miles on the treadmill and called it quits.

I've been debating about trying a spin class. My only worry is the teeny tiny seats, lol.

Oh, I can promise you I am saddle sore today, roflmao! I cant sit down on anything hard. There will be no action around this house till the bruising subsides. No stiff muscles. Those seats are brutal.

I had such a great run. I'm turning into a runner! Me!

I ran 3.56 mi. in 45 min. and I was on 5.0! I'm up to 33 min. running at time, too.

I think I need more exclamation points though. !!!! :tt2:

I've been debating about trying a spin class. My only worry is the teeny tiny seats, lol.

arent they??

either riding my horse has calloused my a$$ enough or i still got plenty of cushion....the seats don't bother me so much.

mac - you are a runner!!!

yesterday -

1hr horseback riding & small walk w/the dogs

today -

was going to play golf but it is really windy; so heading to the gym shortly,. plan on cardio only (treadmill/stairmaster)

Today was my "New to the Sport" class and we did bike handling. We were riding around in circles practicing bumping into people!

Then we went for a group bike ride in a pack.

Sat = double Spin class (45 mins each) i love doing the double on a sat! It racks up to about 40miles..but no running cas...

Sun = Indoor triathlon!! Yaaaaaaaaaay super fun! 18 laps

5 mile bike

2.5 mile run indoors on the track.

43 mins ;)

Sun = Indoor triathlon!! Yaaaaaaaaaay super fun! 18 laps

5 mile bike

2.5 mile run indoors on the track.

43 mins ;)

that is awesome whosya!!! much congrats!

today -

arm/ab class, 30min stairmaster

dh and i went and looked at treadmills after the gym. the price range is interesting....there are a bunch in the 800-1500$ range , then boom they're in the 5000$ range. dh is a consumer rpt type of shopper, so i'm going to let him deal...he's a big guy and wants a real sturdy one.

Nice quick run Saturday morning, really enjoyable, it was cool, good music on the ipod.

Day off Sunday - I seem to have boundless energy and then about once a week I hit a wall, where I am absolutely physically EXHAUSTED. I went through all of yesterday feeling like I was trying to walk through Water.

Feeling spry again today though. Will do a circuit this afternoon. Might up the 10kg sandbag to 15 I think.

watch this space for report of injury/buggered back....