Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2009 Exercise Challenge

Today: 5% incline 50 minutes 2.62 miles. Plus, 30 minutes of upper bod weights. :rose:

Good morning Warriors,

I've been absent for a while, but now I'm back!:tongue2:

January was not a good month, but February is shaping up to be a much better one. I've been walking as usual, but had a serious challenge with the gym I had joined, so I'm no longer a member there.

Luckily, my hubby brought me home a rowing machine (he does maintenance at a gym, they were getting rid of them, he adopted one) and I've started rowing.

Only doing 1000 meters right now, but working up to a full half-hour is my goal. I'll keep reporting my progress as I go on...

I'm scheduled for a second fill tomorrow, and hoping that it will give me some real restriction and I can start dropping pounds again. I lost a few after the first fill, but they are back and threatening to bring friends with them! :lol:

Y'all continue to inspire me...I'm going to finish out this month with flying colors!:tt2:

Back from a long weekend off. No exercise from Friday through Sunday for my "guys" weekend.

Yesterday, got back in the flow of it with 45 minutes of upper body supersets with pushups in btwn. Followed that up with 25 minutes on elliptical/25 minutes on treadmill/25 minutes on elliptical.

This morning, I did 2.25 miles on the treadmill followed by 10 min. cooldown. Then, 20 minutes on elliptical.

Later will be more cardio and leg workout.

Needed the time off, but it's good to be back in the flow.

Hmmmm, what have I done in the last week or so....

Well, I posted about my sore-ish knee. So on Thursday I HIIT the pool (haha, little interval training joke there) for some laps, did fast ones, recovery ones etc, swam 1.5kms. Quite enjoyed it but was annoyed at the faded fake tan and chipped nailpolish afterwards. Had a day off Friday I think, walked Saturday, huge circuit Sunday (nearly killed me), day off Monday, went for a 6kms run last night (in 35 minutes, wooot) and this morning I ran Eliza to school - 10kms round trip. Knee started hurting at the end, I need to go and see my man Brett with his magic hands I think (acupuncturist).

Today: Time off for good behavior, back at it tomorrow. :thumbup:

Georgia Girl great job with the 5-miles.

I ran today in the gym. It was raining and I didn't feel like doing the track interval program anyway.

I ran almost the whole 5k! Then, for my second interval, I ran at 5.0! I am starting to think I will make it through my first tri in April...

Mornin' Warriors!

Rowed 1500m last night - I'm just starting, so I'm trying not to overdo. Felt pretty good until right at the end when my shoulders questioned my sanity...

Would have been really easy to skip it, but I have to walk past the bedroom where the rower is to get to my bedroom, so it constantly reminds me that it's there waiting for me...

Walked 1.5 miles at lunch yesterday - cut 5 minutes off my time. I was hustling! May not get a walk in today - fill appt scheduled for this afternoon, but will get something additional in today. Rowing if nothing else.

Staying inspired looking at what y'all are doing...keep up the good work!:blushing:

Tue : recovey run 4 miles, swim 1 mile, cycle 15miles, walked on the treadmill while i watched biggest loser.

Wed: Ran 5 miles. Spin class for 55mins

Today-

5 miles on treadmill (intervals- ran (3) 1 mile/walked (3) 0.5 miles) At 4.5 miles, I ran a fast 0.25 mile, then walked the rest.

Also, I did 20 minutes strength training (arms)

still trying to multitask & fit exercise in between school and now work (pt)....i see many 4am wake up calls in my future:frown:

monday - wii yoga & wii strength training (not bad workout - at home)

tsday - 30min treadmill (no running) / 30 min stairmaster (108 floors)

today - wii yoga / 30min treadmill (no running)

**i'm thinking of buying a treadmill @the home, or a spin bike....not sure which. starting the first of april my trainer will come to the house & i really only need the gym for cardio....so i'm trying to decide - anyone have an opinion?**

Treadmills are VERY versatile. I'd like a spin bike too, but if I have to choose, it'll be the treadie.

I can use it so many ways.

I can do hard interval training on it - usually with cardio coach or similar.

I can hop on it for a half hour easy run if the weather's not conducive to going outside.

I can run backwards and sideways on it - yes, I'm mad - to develop other muscles.

If I dont feel like running I can up the incline and walk with a very similar intensity to a jog, but it feels different and like I"m taking it easy.

I can use it for circuit training where i might only hop on it three or four times for five minutes between sets of exercises.

I can walk slowly on it whilst I watch something I wanted to watch on television, simply to avoid sitting on my lardy arse for the hour. I also use it LOTS when I have reading to do for uni, I might set it to just 3 miles an hour and amble along while I read - again its better than sitting on my bum.

[quote name=luluc;1151220

**i'm thinking of buying a treadmill @the home' date=' or a spin bike....not sure which. starting the first of april my trainer will come to the house & i really only need the gym for cardio....so i'm trying to decide - anyone have an opinion?**[/quote]

I much prefer the treadmill. I am totally addicted to it. I never really cared for my spin bike and primarily used it for hanging my clothes on, so I got rid of it.

But the treadmill has so many features like the FIT cards. Plus, you can bypass the whole FIT system and create your own program. The best part is that it is just so darn convenient to have the equipment at your house, you know what I mean??