Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2009 Exercise Challenge

I had Week 2 of my Swim Clinic. I got to swim a bunch of laps with tennis balls in my hands! :hurray:

I swam over a mile in 1.5 hours.

what does swimming with tennis balls in your hands do Mac?

1.5 hours, phew, bet you were waterlogged. Actually I have a spray tan booked for Wednesday (formal work function for Doug to go to) - I might go for a swim tomorrow to get the old stuff completely soaked off.

Am running Eliza to school tomorrow, did a circuit today.

Me thinks a mist of oleoresin capsicum would clear the treadmill.... :hurray:

Brad

That would definately do the job.:hurray:

Sat-had a class, so took the day off. Meant the first week of not getting to 10 miles of running in a week.:hurray: Oh well, I'm still above the average per week.

Sun-Ran 5k in just under 30 minutes on the treadmill. Not pushing it too hard, just a light jog. Followed up with 5 min. cooldown and 15 minutes on elliptical.

Mon. a.m.-2.5 miles in 22:15 @ .5-1% incline. 10 minute cooldown and 15 minutes on elliptical. Tonight will be medium weight supersets for upper body and a little more cardio.

Can't do too much as it is DD's parent/teacher conferences tonight.

Mornin' Warriors!

Had a good workout weekend - rowed on Saturday afternoon at the gym and actually "raced" someone. I hate when this happens - I'm not the smallest girl at the gym, but I'm not the biggest either. This "skinny minnie" gets on the rower next to me and makes a snide remark to her equally skinny friend walking by that she wishes she had a "fit person" to row next to so she would be "challenged" by trying to keep up with them... :hurray::cursing::hurray: I guess because I had my headphones in, she didn't think I could hear her...but then she wasn't exactly whispering either!

This as she's setting the resistance to 1 and rowing like she's sitting in concrete (very slowly). I of course was mid-way through my routine and came to a 'speed' period just as she was getting herself set. I exploded out of the blocks, so to speak, and beat my previous split time by quite a bit. The program I'm doing has some intervals with 2 minutes of speed, 2 minutes of active rest...if we'd been in real boats, I would have swamped her with my wake. :hurray:

She got off her rower before I did, saying something about the machine being set improperly...they are brand new, so if it was set wrong, she set it wrong! :thumbup:

I was smiling all the way to the locker room...had my iPhone playing "When I grow up" from the Pussycat Dolls (after my workout was over) and was singing my head off...serves her right for making assumptions about someone she didn't know!

OTOH...I got a bit of inspiration when I walked into the locker room. There is a lady who works out with a couple of guys there and they all have awesome physiques. I didn't ask her arm measurement, but if she's not sporting a pair of 16-inch guns, I'd be surprised. They come in, get right to business, lift heavy and go home. Not a lot of extraneous talking or playing arouhd, they hit it hard and leave. She's in awesome shape and I wish I had her arms.:hurray:

I said hi and gave her a compliment - she responded with a wonderful smile and encouraged me to keep going. Said she'd noticed my workout and said I was laying a good base for future results - I've seen her off and on for about 6 months.

Made me feel good that she noticed - and I left the gym on a real high. It's very cool when someone you respect gives you respect back...

that's awesome ebony, loved the story.

today -

trainer came to the house - early.

30min cardio - running outside (was cold)

30min hip flexor/back/leg workout

dh has a tennis lesson tonight - not sure if i'll get to play w/him, but would like to.

Hey guys: I have not been myself the last several weeks and the PC doc was really no help. I just do not have the energy to exercise or to do really anything. This weekend, I pretty much stayed in bed. And it is not the flu or a cold.

Tomorrow I go see the gynecologist to test what levels my hormones are at. I am thinking menopause because I am not a spring chicken any more. :tt1:

All I know, is that I just don't feel energized. I feel like a zombie.:) But I am not cold/flu sick. Not sure how else to describe it other than I feel lifeless.

what does swimming with tennis balls in your hands do Mac?

Besides make you tired? :w00t: It's supposed to encourage you to use your whole arm as a paddle and not just your hands.

My exercise:

45 min. on stationary bike. I got in 13.36 miles on Random Hill, Level 10.

And the best part is that not once on the killer hills did I end up with the machine on Pause due to not being able to pedal fast enough. (I think of being paused as Epic Fail and I hate it.)

Oh and someone I work with complemented me... saying I was always there working out and putting everyone else in the gym to shame. (It isn't really true ... I only put about 50% of them to shame. The rest put me to shame. :)) So I guess this means I'm a gym rat!

Mornin' Warriors!

Rowed my butt off (literally) last night - couldn't stand up properly afterward :w00t:

Getting better distance and feeling stronger every day. I don't know why I didn't figure this out sooner - my body LOVES exercise! I seem to get stronger every day, the second-day soreness is manageable and dare I say, even pleasureable (because I know I worked hard), and today I had to walk extra stairs at the train station because the track my train comes in on got changed, and I bounded up the stairs like a teenager! :)

Wonderful NSV (TMI alert) - my 'back fat' is going away! Yep, it's not a pretty sight (yet) but it's definately less ugly than before I was banded...and I can't wait until I'm in shape to wear a low-cut or backless dress!

The sun is shining, it's colder than you-know-what outside, but it's still a great morning!

Last night was upper body superset using medium weights for 10 reps each and 3 sets each. Totaled 12 supersets. Did 12 pushups btwn each superset as well. Ended up not having the energy for cardio afterwards.

This morning was 1.5 miles/1% incline/12:57. Followed that with 10 minute cooldown and 25 minutes on elliptical. Going to try to get in another 30 minutes on elliptical today. Tonight will be leg supersets.

today -

30min stairmaster (intervals between level 5,7,9)

30min treadmill (10min walk, 10min run, 10min walk)

Tues. night was our track workout. I thought I posted it, but I guess not. We did 1600 at T pace, then 400 at R or I pace. 90 seconds rest, then do it again!

Some people managed to do it 3 times but I was happy I did it 2 times.

Wed. was my swim workout. I'm not sure how much we swam as I lost track. They post the workouts though so I'll be able to figure it out tomorrow.

Oh and on drill, I *passed* someone. Woot, woot.

Yesterday: 1 mile run in 10 minutes @ 1% incline, 5 min. cooldown, 65 minutes on elliptical.

Today: 2.1 miles in 20 minutes @ 1% incline, 10 minute cooldown, 20 minutes on elliptical. Tonight will be upper body medium weight supersets.