Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

OK, and all bandsters were lazy, fat slobs looking for the easy way out so we had surgery.

Same idea of a generalization-------not all bandsters identify with the above statement. Not all SW's are out to get people. It would be a VERY difficult job, seeing some of the things I imagine they see. Being lied to as often as I am sure they are, and being expected to know the difference.

As jaded as you sound with the system, I believe you are wise to be away from the foster care program. Kids pick up on how we feel about people, and those poor kids need to feel they can trust someone in this world!

Just as Nadya's kids NEED someone looking out for them. She loses kids when there are only 6 of them, she has no hope with 14. I hope SW's breath down her neck 24/7.

Again Kat, I agree with you. My mother is a foster parent as I have said before and she's never had a problem with social workers favoring her over the biological parents. It is usually the other way around, they tend to do everything they can to help the parents get their kids back. And more often that not, they do eventually get the kids back, even if the parents haven't changed. The system favors keeping kids with their parents and out of foster homes so the government doesn't have to pay the foster parents for their keep.

Gosh patty it sounds like you have an area of fairly unique case workers. I know there are case workers who are over zealous, but as others here have said, those aren't the norm - except maybe in your town.

It seems understandable that people get outraged if they are investigated, but the real outrage comes when parents aren't investigated enough and eventually a child dies or is maimed. You can't complain about them investigating charges of abuse and then be angry when a child dies because people didn't intervene by doing a thorough investigation.

Well I guess you can, but it doesn't make any sense.

In the cases I've heard and read about where children died, it was after multiple investigations AND proof of abuse -- removing the child and then returning it to the home. That's way different. Not even apples and oranges; more like apples and automobiles.

I agree, I was just stating that trying to color ALL social workers with one brush was ridiculous!

With workers in ALL sectors, race, sex, religion, you name it, and you will find good and bad-----excellent to terrible.

It is a very difficult job---actually a career---every social worker I know, or have heard speak, has gone into the line of work in an effort to make a difference. It is not a job you get like in a fast food restaurant---on the spur of the moment. The SW's I know, were not on an invesitgative level, I met them through a victim impact panel I used to speak on, and they were caring individuals, who were just out there trying to do the right thing.

You cannot tell me Patty that every single person the Angels lined up was bad, and out to get her.....unless she truly needs to be "got". I am sure having the publid eye on everything you do is not as fun as she expected it to be. It has not come with the dressing room and make up artists I believe she was expecting. BUT I also fully believe SHE invited the scrutiny. SHE CHOSE to have a litter of children, while not caring for the ones she already had. SHE CHOSE to alter her face into something abnormal looking. SHE CHOSE to be in the public eye. Sounds like a case of being careful what you wish for.

I agree, I was just stating that trying to color ALL social workers with one brush was ridiculous!

With workers in ALL sectors, race, sex, religion, you name it, and you will find good and bad-----excellent to terrible.

It is a very difficult job---actually a career---every social worker I know, or have heard speak, has gone into the line of work in an effort to make a difference. It is not a job you get like in a fast food restaurant---on the spur of the moment. The SW's I know, were not on an invesitgative level, I met them through a victim impact panel I used to speak on, and they were caring individuals, who were just out there trying to do the right thing.

You cannot tell me Patty that every single person the Angels lined up was bad, and out to get her.....unless she truly needs to be "got". I am sure having the publid eye on everything you do is not as fun as she expected it to be. It has not come with the dressing room and make up artists I believe she was expecting. BUT I also fully believe SHE invited the scrutiny. SHE CHOSE to have a litter of children, while not caring for the ones she already had. SHE CHOSE to alter her face into something abnormal looking. SHE CHOSE to be in the public eye. Sounds like a case of being careful what you wish for.

My sentiments exactly. :wub:

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks, Kat :0)

Me too. Good job, both of youse.

Btw, children die when there is NO intervention more often than when there is intervention. At least in Florida where there are a lot of abused children and deaths caused by their caregivers. I'm not sure where Beth is getting her statistics.

been a while since i popped into this thread & an interesting topic brought up - CPS.

the state of TX now considers it a felony to falsely accuse someone of child endangerment/abuse/et all. how & if a district attorney will actually charge & follow through w/such charges i'm going to assume is case by case.

either way i'm a big fan of this. it's like pulling the fire alarm in a school / building for kicks.....kills resources & leaves REAL potential victims in harms way.

luluc I did not know that. I am a big fan too and for the reasons you mentioned! Makes me proud to be a Texan... I guess. :-)

been a while since i popped into this thread & an interesting topic brought up - CPS.

the state of TX now considers it a felony to falsely accuse someone of child endangerment/abuse/et all. how & if a district attorney will actually charge & follow through w/such charges i'm going to assume is case by case.

either way i'm a big fan of this. it's like pulling the fire alarm in a school / building for kicks.....kills resources & leaves REAL potential victims in harms way.

That is great for cases where someone is obviously just trying to make trouble with nothing at all beyond their claims. I think more states should follow suit.

Actually something just occurred to me.

Someone who would make false claims out of nowhere just to cause trouble for people or get back at someone typically would not use this kind of tactic only once. I bet you that there are "lists" of people from which any claims are taken with a grain of salt and followed loosely.

Actually something just occurred to me.

Someone who would make false claims out of nowhere just to cause trouble for people or get back at someone typically would not use this kind of tactic only once. I bet you that there are "lists" of people from which any claims are taken with a grain of salt and followed loosely.

so as bjean knows - i'm pretty active politically in DFW.

fathers for equal rights national headquarters is based here & with good reason - family law is a problem.

i started up going to law school in jan just because this is a bee in my bonnet. i have no kids - so no skin in the game other going through the family court system w/several friends over the years & utterly disgusted.

if you go and look up the family court judges online - you can see that their biggest contributors are law firms who specialize in family law - they are also the biggest abusers of the system, including CPS. in TX, they are voted into office - not sure other states.

i would also like to have the law firms who's clients are "coached" to use CPS be fined as well. one small mission at a time:wink:

regarding the list of those habitual abusers of a much needed service - to ignore those individuals is quite criminal.

The only problem I have with charging people for making a false claim is some people who have a legitimate claim may be too scared to report because they may be scared that they would go to jail if DCF doesn't believe them.

The only problem I have with charging people for making a false claim is some people who have a legitimate claim may be too scared to report because they may be scared that they would go to jail if DCF doesn't believe them.

people are too scared to report abuse for more factors than it being a felony.

those who use cps (dcf - in other states) as a means to get "even", use as a weapon in custody / financial battles - deserve reprecutions.

it's not dcf or cps to determine foul play / or lies - that's the district attorneys office. so, if you report a legit case - what do you have to worry about?

Then they better be positive about what their reporting. Alot of people report on others because they "think' or 'assume' there is abuse. What others 'think' is going on is irrelevant.