Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

Octomom has created a circus...it's of her OWN making!

She has shown not an ounce of responsibility or common sense - not in anything she's uttered out of her OWN MOUTH.

Actions speak a lot louder than words, and what her actions say is that she is a needy, misinformed, overwhelmed, didn't-think-about-it-first, selfish woman who wants fame and fortune and is willing to use her children to get it.

The simple fact that she continues to get fake nails when she has EIGHT premature babies with delicate skin at her home says to me that she values her own appearance more than the babies' comfort.

Even if I made the same decision that she did - to implant all of the embryos - I would be trying to AVOID the media in order to make as normal a life for the babies and my other children as possible.

That does NOT seem to be on her radar...anytime the media furor starts to die down, something else happens to start it up again. Just a difficult situation all around, and her actions are not making it any easier!

Patty, you frustrate the hell out of me, but you do not anger me, I ,simply put, do not care enough for it to be that consuming.

You argue back with every word people say to you about this situation, relating it to yourself at every single turn. Then argue that you never said the things. Then you turn around and do it to others. I had enough. Usually I let your comments slide. But no where in my previous post did I say I KNEW anything. I was trying to get that across.

This thread as are the others here, are FILLED with personal opinion. Unless you are Octomom herself, you have no more of a concrete idea how she feels about anything that anyone else. Yet you have continually TOLD us why she does this and that, because you know why YOU did it. Not the same.

And as hard as it is for you, we are just as entitled to our opinion of her and the situation as you are. Where it changes is that when WE do it, you call it being judgemental, when YOU do it, it is empathy because you have personal experience with being on the wrong side of CPS or whatever......we ALL come into this conversation with experiences that color our perception of the situation. You do not have a monopoly on that, and I am personally just saying that I am tired of being told that YOU know because YOU have lived her same life.....because the way I see it you haven't.

Her own parents, as well as child care experts, have all said she is not doing right by the kids. And yes before you have a coronary, those are MY words not exact quotes. That further makes me feel, that she is not teaching any of those kids anything. She has not protected nor provided without help....is that to the best of her ability? She could have a job---and show them at least SOME iota of self support, even if she had to have it supplemented, she could do something!!! Show me where she has put her children first. She goes on TV all dressed up, while her children are running around without even their hair being brushed....who was she concerned with first??? You want me to believe it is all the media spin, and I don't buy it. Which makes me stand behind my original statement in this latest battle of words with you, that she does not possess or is at least not showing that she possesses the traits you yourself attribute to a loving parent, whether it be my earthly Father or Heavenly Father.

Becky I agree totally, I think that she revels in being pregnant, and having newborns. When they are no longer TOTALLY dependent upon her, she is ready for a new one....or 8.

We have questioned earlier in the thread if this could be some sort of mental illness along the lines of Munchausens (sp?) disease, where the person suffers from a mental illness where they make themselves sick for attention or Munchausens by proxy where they make their child or spouse sick for the attention they get for being the care taker.

I too think she has serious problems and needs help--we have many of us said that all along.

I agree Kat, patty is assuming that your only knowledge of Octomom is what the media is telling you. In fact, we have all had the pleasure (or displeasure) of hearing Octomom speak of her situation and we have even seen her parents interviewed and heard their evaluation of the situation.

If her own parents know she's a nut job and needs help, it is frustrating for us to read patty continually behaving if Octomom is her BFF, which gives her the right to tell everyone that Octomom deserves the benefit of the doubt about what she's done. Or that by some magic "medium" ability that patty possesses, she knows that Octomom does not deserve our criticism.

This one of the reasons why I thought patty believed it is great for people to have as many children as they can.

May 19) - Nadya Suleman, the so-called "octomom," is hospitalized after undergoing a second surgery within four days, according to Radaronline.com.

Suleman, a single mother of 14 children -- including octuplets born in January -- underwent her first operation last week to have fibroid tumors removed, a procedure that will require doctors to take out about half of her uterus. However, complications with excessive bleeding forced doctors to suspend surgery at that time.

On Monday, doctors at a hospital in Bellflower, Calif., performed a second surgery to finish removing the tumors. Her attorney said the procedure went well and that Suleman is recovering.

Skip over this content

2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved.

2009-05-19 15:29:23

You Choose the News:

I think they should remove her whole uterus!!!!!:redface:

May 19) - Nadya Suleman, the so-called "octomom," is hospitalized after undergoing a second surgery within four days, according to Radaronline.com.

Suleman, a single mother of 14 children -- including octuplets born in January -- underwent her first operation last week to have fibroid tumors removed, a procedure that will require doctors to take out about half of her uterus. However, complications with excessive bleeding forced doctors to suspend surgery at that time.

On Monday, doctors at a hospital in Bellflower, Calif., performed a second surgery to finish removing the tumors. Her attorney said the procedure went well and that Suleman is recovering.

Skip over this content

2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved.

2009-05-19 15:29:23

You Choose the News:

I think they should remove her whole uterus!!!!!:unsure:

I really have to question the wisdom of her having such invasive surgery so soon after the babies - I would think she'd need a LOT more recovery time before undergoing such extensive surgery. Who's taking care of the babies now? Who's going to take care of HER when she gets out of the hospital? She won't be able to take care of the babies after having abdominal surgery like that - she won't be able to handle the physical demands of taking care of so many children, let alone her older children and the poor little one with the emotional upset.

One well-placed child's kick with some Oomph behind it (out of frustration, not meanness) and she'll be back in the hospital.

Or are we taxpayers going to be asked to foot the bill for an additional nurse to take care of Octomom while she recovers? Guess this puts the job search on hold for a while, huh?:laugh:

Wow, she must have had a significant issue with fibroids to have to go through two surgeries. I am surprised that she was capable of successfully carrying 8 babies.

I'm no gynocologist, but it makes me wonder if her uterus got in the shape it's in because she's birthed so many babies? That's not even taking into account how many times she's used the IVF procedure. The darned thing is overworked and underpaid. Can't expect it not to complain, eh?

Hmmm. Wonder if this is God's way of saying "Enough already!"

I'd wonder if the fertility drugs contributed in any way. Shhhhh....don't want to put any "lawsuit fodder" out there.

fod-her. You know, fod her. Unlike mud her. Guess mud her sounds a little nastier now that you bring it up.

News is that she gets her reality show after all. Only she is the one who will be doing the filming of her family, not a camera crew. This way she can keep the public out of her business that she doesn't want to share. I'm glad. At least her kids wont have to live with a camera crew of people in their lives like Jon and Kate + 8.

Yep, and when she does something wrong, she can edit it out, and no one will be with wiser.

I won't watch either Heather. And would in fact write to any company who advertises during the show, stating my opinion.

But is anyone really surprised? We all said this was one of her goals.

I still feel very sad for the children. I don't know how involved the grandparents are going to be in their lives because they sounded a little estranged at one point, but maybe that was just more drama to try and get a show. I do hope that those little beings have someone wonderful in their lives that they can count on who isn't so eaten up with their own celebrity.