Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

Yeah Carrie. This thread has gone pretty far afield hasn't it? Likening Britney Spears to Octomom. Well I guess they're both wacky, so I get that. But at least Britney has some talent other than having babies and having enough plastic surgery to make her look like Angelina Jolie. And Brit:thumbup:ney is very willing to work really hard to take care of her kids and herself.

She also had 2 children, fathered the natural way, with the same man who is still involved in the childrens lives.

While they do not have "normal" lives---and their young and often foolish parents have made serious mistakes, the parents seem to be making efforts....and I never heard her blame anyone for making her put her child on her lap as opposed to in a car seat. AND she has never tried to stupidly say she never wanted public attention.....

Yes, I agree. Britney is working very hard to regain custody of her children back. She has made a lot of mistakes, but at least she realizes it and is doing something about it. She has had some mental issues, but at least she is getting help and not denying that she has a problem unlike Octomom, who thinks what she's done is perfectly all right.

Question: Why do we revel in other mothers bad behavior, such as when Britney Spears was in the news for driving with her baby on her lap? Answer: If you're walking around in a perpetual state of code-level-orange anxiety, afraid you're going to make a mistake, it's very handy to have an example of someone who is so much worse. You can get off on the badness and the horribleness of that mother and comfort yourself that "at least I'm not her."

Hunnh? I don't feel code level orange anxiety, especially when it comes to thoughts of making mistakes like driving with a child on my lap, or losing a child for an hour or two and then threatening to kill myself in front of children. Of course we all make mistakes, but there are difference in magnitude. I don't revel in other peoples mistakes.

Heather I think that's exactly why we're talking about Octomom here and why her situation has been spread all over the news - it has to do with the order of magnitude of her behavior.

I think patty is so hung up on people having as many kids as they can that she's the one who is doing the revelling about Octomom. She's made up every excuse in the book for her and no matter how clearly everyone points out how insane her behavior is, patty continues to take up for Octomom.

Why would she think that bringing children into the world the way Octomom has - so completely irresponsibly - is not a bad thing? Well it's probably because she thinks the Bible tells us to be fruitful and go forth and multiply.

That's one of the many problems with taking the Bible literally. It was written at a time when there were far fewer people on earth and the life expectancy of babies was not as high as it is today. And in fact, people's life expectancy in general wasn't what it is today. Why would God want us to over-populate the earth now? What is the reason for that? Maybe patty will give us a good explanation for it. She's fond of lecturing us on the Bible and how we should all live our lives, so I'm sure she can supply the reason behind following the Bible so literally that we all should be having as many babies as we can.

Actually I wouldn't mind if she would explain why God would have found it necessary to instruct us to have lots of babies even back during the time when the Bible was written. Or does she think that we are never supposed to question the Bible, just take it as God's word and never veer from its' instructions?

Heather I think that's exactly why we're talking about Octomom here and why her situation has been spread all over the news - it has to do with the order of magnitude of her behavior.

I think patty is so hung up on people having as many kids as they can that she's the one who is doing the revelling about Octomom. She's made up every excuse in the book for her and no matter how clearly everyone points out how insane her behavior is, patty continues to take up for Octomom.

I could care less how many kids people have. Where do you get this stuff about me? I have always said that she did a stupid thing not being married and being able to support them on her own. I have only defended the accusations against her that are peoples and the news medias mere speculations about what goes on.

Why would she think that bringing children into the world the way Octomom has - so completely irresponsibly - is not a bad thing? Well it's probably because she thinks the Bible tells us to be fruitful and go forth and multiply.

I have NEVER said that it was a good thing. And The bible may tell us to be fruitful and multiply, but it doesn't say do it with someone elses sperm besides your husbands. (that's a whole nother can of worms I don't want to open)

That's one of the many problems with taking the Bible literally. It was written at a time when there were far fewer people on earth and the life expectancy of babies was not as high as it is today. And in fact, people's life expectancy in general wasn't what it is today. Why would God want us to over-populate the earth now? What is the reason for that? Maybe patty will give us a good explanation for it. She's fond of lecturing us on the Bible and how we should all live our lives, so I'm sure she can supply the reason behind following the Bible so literally that we all should be having as many babies as we can.

Whoever said that? please don't put words in my mouth. BTW, God doesn't change with time. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Actually I wouldn't mind if she would explain why God would have found it necessary to instruct us to have lots of babies even back during the time when the Bible was written. Or does she think that we are never supposed to question the Bible, just take it as God's word and never veer from its' instructions?

God never instructed us to have LOTS of babies. He created man and woman and told them to bring forth children. He never mentioned how many. I believe he was just setting up his plan for men and women to make families.

**************see above for reply*****

People have misinterpreted what I write many, many times. They're actually putting two and two together and coming up with five. I thought you had been pretty consistent in your posts about having children though. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Why do you think God wanted us to bring forth children and make families?

People have misinterpreted what I write many, many times. They're actually putting two and two together and coming up with five. I thought you had been pretty consistent in your posts about having children though. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Why do you think God wanted us to bring forth children and make families?

I believe it was to plenish the earth with people. Also, God uses the family as an object lesson. The parents represent God the Father and the kids represent all the souls who believe in God. Just as the Parents have such a great love for their children, (notice how there is no love greater than the love you have for your own kids?) and just as parents train them and teach them right from wrong, and just as the parents set rules that are for the good of the kids, and just as parents discipline their kids because they love them and not because they want to hurt them, and just as parents protect and provide for their children, etc. So also God does all those things for those who like to be called his children and choose to love him back.

Have you noticed how few of those traits you used to describe loving parents that the thread subject possesses???

I have seen no signs of protecting, providing, training, nor teaching.

So patty, do you think it is wrong to get married but not have children?

no, I don't think it's wrong. I believe God allows us to make our own decisions about these things. He may want us to have children, and if we use birth control or abstain during our ovulation time, we may miss out on a blessing that he would like us to have, but that's for us to decide. I believe that all souls are known by God before he places them in the body they will abide in on earth at the moment of conception. (for God's word says he knew you before you were born.) If you didn't conceive your son or daughter, their souls would have been placed in someone elses child that was conceived. It is the soul of a person that lives eternally, not the body(flesh).

kat, How do you know that she is not loving her children as much as you love yours or that she is not teaching them and training them in what she believes or that she is not setting rules and disciplining them for their own good? Maybe she is protecting them and providing for them with the best of her ability. How do you know? I have learned from my own personal experience that the press and the media print what they feel will sell and what they feel the people want to hear and not always the truth on a story.

Re read my post patty--------I SAID "I have seen no signs". PERIOD. MY observance I have not said at any time that I KNOW anything about this woman, as I do not, and patty let me be the first to assure you, you do not KNOW any damn thing about her either!!! You speak to us like she is your best girlfriend. You are assuming things about her based on your own feelings in the case, same as the rest of us. You KNOW no more than the next guy! Seriously, give me a break! Have you EVER watched her with an open mind, or do you simply try to put her in your shoes, or you in hers?

I have SEEN her on TV and I have SEEN her with her kids on TV, and I posted in response to what I have SEEN, I do not know the woman, and have ZERO desire to ever know her. The character I see on TV possesses none of the traits you mentioned. Her kids are out of control, and she shows no ability to teach them squat. And no desire to teach them, only to have another.....or 8.

The press and media have nothing on you......you too see it as you want, be it truth or not. And yeah I know it is ALWAYS something you know from personal experience....I almost forgot that.

wow! you have some anger issues. (Unless I'm reading your post wrong.) Obviously they are your observations of her. What I am saying is usually the media isn't anything close to what it's like in real life.

IMHO I think that she loves the "baby" stage. What I mean by that is the way they smell, the size, and the fact they are so cuddly at that stage. If you look at the ages of her kids it seems like once they hit toddlerhood she was getting pregnant with another.

I do believe she does love her kids in a very selfish kind of way. It is not what she can give her kids, but what they can give her. She is a very needy person from what I have seen.

She really has serious issues and really needs to get help.