Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things that you miss

I miss my SODA and Rockstars. OMG, I miss them.

I'm far from solid foods, but I'm going to miss the seven layer dip during the super bowl this Sunday.

Isn't 7 layer dip considered a mushie so long as you eat it with a spoon? Hehehe

I miss the 7 layer dip too - I have 2 more days of liquids before I can start mushies (and I think because the salsa would not be blended, and olives too might not be mushies).

I'd have to agree with Jacqui and a few others.

Eating for the sake of chowing down something yummy and loads of it! But alas, that's what got me to the point of deciding I needed surgery in order to help myself get this weight off.

I do miss sodas sometimes. I've NEVER been able to drink one flat (or warm for that matter) so, until I can handle a little carbonation, I've given them up completely. I'm actually afraid to try them. I don't like pain and I'm afraid it'll hurt!

I have used straws once in awhile and never noticed any difference in not using one.

I miss being stared at wherever I go, I miss wearing a size 24 and having my jeans dig into me, I miss being the fattest person in the room, I miss not being to just pic up clothes and buy them, I miss not shopping at Victoria's Secret...

... Oh wait, no I don't.

I love my life with the band. To me, it is the best invention EVER and I don't regret one single aspect about it. Believe me, no one loved bread as much as I did, but Is adi goodbye to it the day before surgery and have never missed it. I don't mind chewing, because it makes me look lady like and proper while everyone looks like a pig. I don't mind not having soda because it causes osteroporosis, anyway.

Don't be talking sh*i about my band... lol... :-) I'll have none of that!

OH I am soooo with almost all of you! I am 3 weeks post op and have started to have some withdrawls (more like thoughts of: "I can't believe I wont be able to have ...)

So here are some of the things that I have been thinking about:

Diet Pepsi, The chinese buffet where I would eat 2 plates of crab legs and one of chow mein, cake or brownie batter, milkshakes and ice cream, chips and salsa, candies by the handfull, Peanut Butter and jelly sandwhiches...

Ok, thats enough of my list for now. Sad to see how much I really LIVED FOR food. I like others, liked to just eat as much as possible.

Its funny how now when I eat, I really make sure that it is something I actually want to eat. Otherwise, I feel like the whole meal was a waste! Before I would just eat whatever was there, and then eat more if I didnt really like it.

Sorry my post was soooo long :tongue2:

I miss being able to chug a glass of Water, now it's just sip,sip,sip. lame. I miss Pasta, and bread and tortillas. I don't miss soda a lot, cuz I never drank that much to begin with, but sometimes I do want some rootbeer. I miss being able to eat what people serve when they invite me over. I miss going grocery shopping and not having to think, can't eat that, can't eat that, can't eat that. It's kinda depressing. But then I think how much better I feel now, and I wouldn't go back to the way I was for anything!

I miss drinking with my meals. I used to drink 2 or 3 glasses while I ate, and now it's so difficult to not drink while I eat. It's especially hard when having Breakfast and not being able to have unlimited coffee with the meal, but also to know when we go out to eat, I can't drink gallons of iced tea. I have to plan my liquid intake around my meals. :tongue: However, I love my little lapband and what it is helping me achieve so I will just work hard to accept it.

Lisa

I miss the ease of fast food- I don't actually miss the food, mind you, just the ease of 'grab and go' eating, which fit more easily into a busy life. Now I have to think more before I eat, and there are fewer quick options.

I THOUGHT I would miss a lot of things, but after one year, there are very few things I don't have in moderation. The one and only exception - on a hot summer night, I miss having a beer. I didn't drink many of them (maybe one beer a week in hot weather only), but there was/is nothing like a beer to quench thirst.......

I do NOT miss soda or drinking out of a straw...I thought I would, but I don't.

I haven't given up any food substances...I eat bread, I eat sandwiches, I eat potatoes, I eat everything...in moderation. I guess what I do miss is just the ability to eat everything in quantity.

Hi everyone,

I've been gone a few days. Having a rough week, up two pounds. (obiviously not missing anything these days).

I miss what you all miss and I can't wait to get to to where WEAS123 is and not miss anything.

I also love my band and have no regrets but I still miss food. However, yesterday I was able to go to Bass Pro shop and buy "regular" clothes. I still run into the Avenue and Lane Bryant because I like their jeans, but soon won't have to go there at all. That I won't miss.

Super Bowl wasn't too bad, no beer or seven layer dip but I was able to eat a few bites of pizza and that was enough for a change.

Thinking about joining a training group and running a marathon. Ran one in 1999 (took me 8 hours) and want to do another one to prove the first one wasn't a fluke. How about you all? Anyone take up running, or any other sport you would have never dreamed of trying before. No matter how much I lose, I doubt I'll ever try rock climbing.