Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

so, in 72 hours, our baby will have a gender!! i kinda want a girl, kinda want a boy, so it will be wonderful, as long as baby is healthy, moving, and showing it's private parts!

hugs!

Well . . . curious minds are dying to know. Is there any news???

That's true, I never had morning sickness. The US tech told me she was that way with her first--never had morning sickness, but her 2nd made up for it! She was sick the entire pregnancy.

I don't remember where I read it, and if it was true or just a theory, but it said the hormones cause the morning sickness. So if you're having a certain sex, their abundance of hormones would make you more likely to be sick.

ya.. I have thought about that.. and thats kinda why I thought my first was a girl and I was right. (we didnt find out the sex) and this one we aren't finding out the sex either..

but I have talked to people who have had both a boy and a girl and were sick both times and people who were sick with the boy and not the girl and then others who were sick with the girl and not the boy.. so who knows! I just hope its over at 3 months! and not 7! :)

Question, has anyone who's pregnant gotten to skip the glucola test? I had my 6 month checkup last week and doctor was stuck in a delivery, so I saw his nurse practitioner, who I love and trust very much. She said that he had made a note in my file that no glucola test was needed to check for gestational diabetes...and she didn't know why. I haven't heard of any preggo bandster reasons to skip this. Have you guys encountered this? If my doc feels comfortable not checking me for that, I accept and trust his judgement, I just don't know why. He's out of the office for a few days more, so I'm trying to get info in the meantime.

I will be posting this question in a few threads in the hope of getting several answers, so I apologize if you see it more than once.

I think that may be an oversight and you should definitely follow up.

It is my understanding this is a routine test for ALL pregnant women--nothing to do with weight or banding, etc.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-diabetes

All pregnant patients should be screened for gestational diabetes during their pregnancy.

Week before they just sent me home with a bottle of the sugar stuff, then gave me instructions. When I came back the next week, they pricked my finger (nurse did), so my doc didn't even have anything to do with it.

Question, has anyone who's pregnant gotten to skip the glucola test? I had my 6 month checkup last week and doctor was stuck in a delivery, so I saw his nurse practitioner, who I love and trust very much. She said that he had made a note in my file that no glucola test was needed to check for gestational diabetes...and she didn't know why. I haven't heard of any preggo bandster reasons to skip this. Have you guys encountered this? If my doc feels comfortable not checking me for that, I accept and trust his judgement, I just don't know why. He's out of the office for a few days more, so I'm trying to get info in the meantime.

I will be posting this question in a few threads in the hope of getting several answers, so I apologize if you see it more than once.

I think this might be a mistake. I had mine done and it was no big deal. One thing my OB mentioned is that she read that it was not appropriate to do this test in WLS patients due to the dumping syndrome (she said she was doing some reading because I am her first and only WLS patient). However, she said she quickly realized that this is for R&Y'ers and not people with bands. Perhaps your doctor might have read similar literature and may be confused about the difference if you are their first banded patient.

I have known people with gestational diabetes who are both heavy and thin. You never know who will be afflicted. I think you should be tested because this is a standard test for all OB patients. Only a small percentage of people get gestational diabetes, but if you happen to be one of them, it is better to treat it then let it go undiagnosed.

I would give your doctor a call and ask for the reason why they are not doing the testing.

Heather, you hit the nail on the head! My doc was told it could cause dumping syndrome by a fellow OBGYN who has seen mostly gastric bypass preggos, so I will be calling him to explain there is no dumping syndrome with band...he has been very gracious about admitting this is new for him, but I'll happily educate him for future ladies!

OMG, our ultrasound yesterday was AMAZING!:cool2::thumbup::lol::thumbup::thumbup: We enjoyed it and relaxed so much more than the 20 wk! For starters, we had a different technician who was more relaxed and listened more to us than last time. She was very willing to try to get baby to move into a good "viewing" position and so on. She was also able to get great views of his face and heart, which were why we had to have this follow up in the first place. No heart anomalies and no cleft lip or evidence of Down's syndrome in the face!! YAY!

Lastly, he gave us great profile shots, which we didn't get last time, and flashed his "goods" well enough to know it is definitely a boy! Such a good appointment, I feel great!

Wooo hooo . . . it's a boy!!!! How exciting, you must be thrilled. Now you can go shopping. That is definitely what I did the week following the news of my babies gender.

I am happy you can also get screened for diabetes now. The profile shots must be great :0).

I just wanted to say - maternity clothes suck!!!

I don't know what it is but nothing fits well, or if it does, it lasts for about one minute until you wash it. Either clothes are falling off of me (not because they are too loose but because lack of waistline seems to be problematic) or they are uncomfortable in the way they fit. I am 5 '3 so a little on the short side but I can't find maternity pants that fit lengthwise no matter what (yet I can find a perfect fit on length with no problems in non-maternity in a size 8 or 10).

What is it with maternity shirts as well? They are too long, too short, or your boobs are hanging out with super low cut bustlines, or there is no room for boobs because designers assume that if you have a big belly you can't have a bustline????

Who are they making these clothes for anyway? I wear mediums and a size 8 pre-pregnancy (I love my band by the way). So I am just about as average as you can get anymore. I didn't expect to have such a problem with this.

I am officially boycotting the purchase of any new maternity clothes. If I have to wear skirts or dresses to make it through the next few weeks I will. I can still wear my pants with my bella band and a hair tie, lol. I have found that babydoll cut shirts that are non-maternity work just fine if I buy a large instead of a medium. I am just going to wing it.

I wish I could have taken all the money spent on maternity clothes and bought diapers instead, lol.

Funny you said that Heather, about a week ago I posted a rant about maternity clothes in my blog, sounds much like you're talking about heh heh.

I had my 32 week ob/gyn appointment today. I went from a belly measurement of 28 to 30 centimeters from 2 weeks ago, which although smaller than typical for gestational age she is still growing appropriately.

I gained 1.5 pounds in two weeks which is actually pretty decent. My first month without a fill I caught up with all my weight gain expected for the first 5-6 months in a single month.

That really scared me to say the least but I am happy I am back on track. Total weight gain so far is 20 pounds from 12 weeks when I had my first ob visit to 32 weeks (not including the 5 pound loss in the first 12 weeks). So net gain is 15 pounds - not too bad considering I have less than 2 months to go. If I gain a pound a week for the next 8 weeks, that is only 23 pounds. Even if I go up to 30, I can live with that and feel like I accomplished something good (gained 67 with my first pregnancy). I should lose most of that before I leave the hospital :0).

Anyways, I feel like a dork that I haven't updated my ticker. I just don't have the heart to do it yet. 138 was an unbelievable number for me and beyond my wildest imagination of how low I could really go - 158 just doesn't feel as good, lol. Perhaps I should put a pregnancy disclaimer on there,

Funny you said that Heather, about a week ago I posted a rant about maternity clothes in my blog, sounds much like you're talking about heh heh.

I looked at your blog and it is just about the same issue, lol. Only real difference being mine is more of a short girls rant instead of tall one. :0)

I am just aggravated that I wasted money on stuff I don't/can't/would prefer not to wear.

I have a quick question on stretch marks. With my first pregnancy I looked like a roadmap. I went from 126 to 193 in less than a year, and I had them all over my belly, inner thighs, inner arms, breasts. This time I don't have a single stretch mark yet.

Has anyone else noticed a lack of stretch marks after losing a lot of weight and getting preggers? I was just wondering if it had to do with already having excess skin to help offset the stretch.

I believe so, I have not developed any stretch marks I haven't already had most of my life. I had a flabby deflated stomach when I got pregnant, and he's just filling it back up.. I also haven't had the skin pain or itching that the pregnancy books talk about.. and no desire to give myself lotion massages to ease anything, etc.

A little bird told me that FairyFacade was induced this morning :0)

So baby Carson will be here sometime today I think. I can't wait to hear some news. April 16th is a lovely day for a birthday, don't you think???

I hope it goes smoothly, quickly and well for you!!! I am sure you will be in all of our thoughts today. I also hope your dh doesn't faint, lol.

Good luck and happy birthday Baby Carson!!!!

Another little birdy told me that it is indeed a boy, 7.5 pounds, 19 inches born at 7:51 Central time by c-section. :0)

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to baby Carson!!!!

So exciting, ah I love it!!

I am up to nurse him in about 10m. I get to have my next fix of him. Will post details & pics when I get home from the hospital next week.

Everything was SO worth it!!!