Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

fairy, you have a great tummy... i wouldnt even call it a "belly" :) i'll have DH take a pic tonight or so... its kinda 'lumpy' for a better term... you can actually see where his bottom is ... its poking thru my belly..

ejm - your mom will be in my thoughts

LJM-I've been following your progress for awhile and just wanted to wish you a safe and healthy delivery. You've been a total trooper thru this bed rest thing. GOOD LUCK!

FF-your belly looks adorable! You truly look great!

ejm-sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is pain-free very soon.

As for me, I am nearing my one year bandiversary and have just started fertility treatment. It's pretty overwhelming, but I have amazing doctors who are confident that I will be pregnant in the next few months!! Thinking good thoughts for all of you!!

-Amy

YAY marathinner! I remember asking you about the ovulation watch, thank you for saving me from an unneeded purchase! We conceived shortly after that.

I can't wait for you to be preggo too!

Thanks all for the kind thoughts towards my momma, I'm worried.

I am doing pretty good. I just got a complete unfill yesterday due to extreme tightness but I am feeling pretty decent today.

Early this last week my husband got to feel the baby for the first time. It was amazing to see the look on his face. He said at first he wasn't sure what he felt . . . but a couple of kicks later there could be no doubt. It was a wonderful experience, definitely the highlight of my pregnancy so far :0)

I am 19 weeks and doing great. I'm high risk due to a history of severe pre-eclampsia so I see my OB every two weeks right now. I've been steadily gaining, which is so odd for me because during my other two pregnancies, I didn't gain anything until after 24 weeks or so and with my second, what I gained I lost when I found out I had gestational diabetes so I came out at the same weight I started. It's a little disheartening, especially since my OB was hoping I wouldn't gain and might even continue to lose. I've gained 19 lbs so far, including a 5 lbs gain between 16-18 weeks.

So far so good, which is pretty normal, but with my second, I had pre-e and was on bedrest at 14 weeks. I'm feeling healthier than I ever have during a pregnancy. My only complaint is that I'm really tired, but that might just be because I'm so busy with work, school, and kids that I don't get much sleep. I need to work on that.

We find out the sex of the baby on Wednesday! I'm so excited! I can't wait to start shopping.

We find out the sex of the baby on Wednesday! I'm so excited! I can't wait to start shopping.

You will have to let us know what you are having :0)

When I found out I was having a girl on a Monday two weeks ago, I had no baby stuff at all. By the end of that following weekend, I had a bassinette, a ton of clothes for sizes throughout the first year (unbelievable sales lately at JC Penny's and Kohl's . . . 70% off with an extra 15% with a card), and started decorating the babies room with butterflies, lamp and a new bedspread for the twin bed. It is like I just couldn't wait to get started . . . I just needed to know the sex, lol.

I decided to leave a twin bed in the babies room, but I am not sure about it. My thoughts were, it is only one extra piece of small furniture and if the baby is ever sick or really fussy, I can always go in there if I need to. This might sound odd, but it is also kind of a comfortable work surface with getting dressed or what have you. What do you think?

I decided to leave a twin bed in the babies room, but I am not sure about it. My thoughts were, it is only one extra piece of small furniture and if the baby is ever sick or really fussy, I can always go in there if I need to. This might sound odd, but it is also kind of a comfortable work surface with getting dressed or what have you. What do you think?

If you have the room, it sounds like a great idea. I always changed diapers, got baby dressed, etc on my bed. It was very convenient.

We also plan on leaving a bed in the baby's room. It's currently a guest room so we're just gonna move out most of the bookshelves and such to make it "baby ready". But I agree with having a bed in there, since there will be nights its just easier to hop in there and go to sleep! I'm SO ready to feel the baby move, I'm only 14 wks, so I've got awhile, but I am really looking forward to that!

Well . . . any news??? :0)

I am 37 weeks pregnant and scheduled to be induced a week from Friday. I had all my Fluid taken out of my band at about 20 weeks and have gained about 50 pounds since then. Just evidence that as soon as I can, I WILL refill my band. Oh well. I'm not going to worry about it until after the baby is here.

We don't know what we're having. The heart rate is between 140-160. I know that, according to the old-wives-tales, it's a girl, but we are really hoping for a boy. I guess we'll see in about a week and a half!

Well . . . any news??? :0)

It's a girl!

The ultrasound was great. She's growing right on schedule for her due date and is just shy of 12 ozs right now. That actually seems a little big for not quite 20 weeks, but her other measurements were on for dates. We're excited!! Her name is Sydney June.

Awww a girl, congratulations!!!

I went for my 4-d ultrasound yesterday. I have an anterior placents, and Carson likes to snuggle his head into my uterus, so they had a hard time getting any good pics :bananalama:

We tried me bouncing and rolling around and she shook my belly, but he just rolled his head side to side like saying "Nope, I'm not moving!". She said he moved more than any baby she's ever seen--especially for one who isn't actually going anywhere. His hands and feet were going like crazy the entire time.. and he kept opening his mouth.. she said he's either going to be a talker or an eater. I said.. probably eater by the way I'm hungry all the dang time.

Here's the best pics I got out of it..

carson5.jpg

carson3.jpg

Those pics are great, Laura! I also have an anterior placenta and a very active baby, so the tech had a hard time getting a couple of shots yesterday. She kept saying, come on, baby flip over. LOL She would bounce all around, kick like crazy, move her hands all over, but she wouldn't flip around for a better angle.

The anterior placenta is probably why you didn't feel movement for so long. I had one with my other DD also and her movements weren't nearly as big and obvious as my DS's were. I've been feeling little flutters for a while now, but just feeling bigger kicks and movements in the last few days. Even with all the kicking she was doing yesterday during the ultrasound, I didn't feel any of it. She was kicking right into the placenta though.

Congratulations on the girl!!! I love the name Sydney, very adorable.

I was feeling movement by around 14 to 15 weeks . . . although it was only tiny occasional flutters. I asked last time where the placenta is located, and she said it was in the back. I guess that is why it is so visible and easy to feel at an early stage.

I can actually see little jumps and movements in my belly now when she is active.

The only problem is that it isn't very constant. She seems to move more when I am not paying close attention. If I feel her kicking strongly and I am at home, I will go lay in bed and watch my belly. As soon as I get tired of watching and start reading or glancing at TV, that is when she moves the most, lol. I am looking forward to it being more constant.

Yeah it did seem to take forever for me to feel him, and I think it has to do with the placenta location as well as my belly fat!

But when I finally started being able to feel his kicks, I feel them every morning when I wake up and in the evening when I lay in bed to go to sleep. Throughout the day sometimes I feel it, and occasionally he kicks hard enough it makes my whole belly jump.. but when we did the ultrasound, I only felt him once--he did a big kick that caused my whole belly to jump, but all the kicking and waving and rolling he was doing--I didn't feel any of it!

Occasionally I will wake up and won't feel his kicking, so I roll onto my belly for a moment--which really gets him going, just so I know he's still in there!