Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggy progress/Updates/Tell us how you're doing!

I am a natural belly sleeper too. It was not a problem until I hit 22-23 weeks were it became increasingly uncomfortable. I also found at some point that the baby seemed to start fussing when I lay on my stomach. Now I sleep in a semi belly/side positon with some pillow propping.

I did ask my ob and she was fine with this.

Hello all!

I am 7 months post-op and thinking of having a baby. I wanted to know if anyone had any complications? If you continued to loose weight after? and if the baby had any complications? I am also concerned because my doctor told me to wait 2 years but everywhere I am reading it says one year. Also I am not done loosing weight...so I am not sure it is the right time...I just really want kids...any thoughts on my situation please post feedback thankx!:)

hi danitra. many of us are still in active pregnancy, the first of our life as banded women, so i am unsure how many post-pregnancy questions we can answer. a few of us like wheetsin and losingjusme are now post-pregnancy and banded, i'm sure they will see this thread too.

i'm about 18 wks along, feeling fantastic. other than occasional days of very tight restriction, pregnancy has been smooth sailing for me. very little nausea, just super duper tired all the time. i was down to about 200 lbs when we conceived. i don't feel "done" losing at all yet, but was satisfied with a starting weight of 202 lbs when i got preggo, and am up about 4 lbs so far, meaning if i continue at 1 lb a month, i will gain 9 lbs total. i don't know your current weight, but obviously you want to be a healthy, stable weight.

you and i are about the same age, i'll be 28 when i deliver later this summer.

Ejmdiva,

Thankx for the advice...congrats on the pregnancy!! did you have to go to the doctor and have some of your fills reversed? are you able to get enough calories for you and you baby? I am 73 lbs down and am at 247...goal weight is 170-150. I hope all goes well for you and your baby!!!

As of yet, i have not had any unfills. The band definitely has its tempermental days and from what others have posted, I think for the most part, it gets progressively worse thru the pregnancy, so I am hopeful I will keep my whole fill, but not counting on it. I am able to eat most foods just fine, on most days!

Thanks for the well wishes.

I am now at 24 weeks, half unfil and 7 kilos (not sure of pounds) weight gain.

Can't wait to have bubby in my arms. found out I am having another boy :)

Cherry, congrats on the boy! I am now about 19 weeks and felt the baby move for the first time 2 days ago...it was amazing! Only felt it once more since then, and it's so faint I had to concentrate and hold still to make sure that's what it was, so I'm looking forward to a nice strong kick soon, even though everyone tells me I'll get sick of it constantly kicking soon enough!

We have our 20 wk ultrasound on Friday the 13th....so excited to find out what we're having! Hubby says it's the most excited he's been since our wedding...he's cute. Buying a crib this weekend too, woo!

I can say, Carson kicks quite a bit, yesterday he was active ALL DAY (which worried me a little--he needs to sleep!!) but, I've yet to get tired of the kicking. I first felt movement at 23 weeks I believe, and I'm 33 weeks tomorrow. So 10 weeks and I still enjoy it. It's fun to see what he reacts to (movies, someone talking, some way I move, etc.). I can drown it out for the most part too, the only time it 'annoys' me--although I don't think that's the word I'd use, is when he is kicking under my boob and it feels like my rib cage is having muscle spasms.. I just rub it and he kicks back, so it makes it fun again to feel him kicking my hand.

Hey everyone i havnt been around for a LONG LONG time and i am sorry been soooo tired!!! only 6 more weeks till my little girl is here and i am so excited...i am up 14 pounds right now and feeling good... but the band does have its days were i cant eat as much but so far no unfill and no problems...

i am so excited this summer is going to be the summer of banded babies :biggrin:

EJ only a few more days till we know boy girl for you huh!!! i cant wait girl i think girl :) love ya hun!

Good luck to you all!!

franny, i love ya sista! i'm 5 months pregnant...wow. saying it aloud as i type it and still can't believe it sometimes. i think mentally/physically/emotionally, it's not how i always thought it would feel, but it's wonderful. most of my pregnancy has flown by, but the last 2 or 3 weeks have dragged, perhaps since we're looking forward to the ultrasound!

mostly, i am grateful and thankful to God for this pregnancy. i have mentioned it before, but i have 2 close girlfriends that have both been struggling with infertility for 2 years now, having had 5 miscarriages between them. seeing their struggle has made me so happy that we got preg fairly quickly and that things are going so well. happily, one of the girlfriends is now about 9 weeks pregnant, so please pray for the other one to get lucky soon too!

so, in 72 hours, our baby will have a gender!! i kinda want a girl, kinda want a boy, so it will be wonderful, as long as baby is healthy, moving, and showing it's private parts!

hugs!

Hello All,

It has been a long time since I came in a post in LBT.

I got pregnant about 5 months after I had the band put in. I lost about 30 lbs with the band, gained 7 back somehow.

After the doctor took all the fluids out of my band, when I was about 12 weeks preggo.

So far I've gained about 12 lbs. I could still wear my regular pants, just need "Bellaband" to hold my pants up because I can't button it anymore.

My lovely diabetes decided to come back after it went into hiding after the surgery. So my doctor put me on a GD diet. As the pregnancy progress, it seems to me that it's harder to control the daibetes though.

We tried to find out the sex of the baby two weeks ago. The baby kept the legs crossed, but the doctor is 80% sure it's a girl.

The baby is growing right on schedule. Baby kicks a whole lot now. My DH and I believe that the baby thinks my bladder is a kick ball. There have been times that I would be sitting and working and jumped out of my seat because if the kick. Baby loves to listen to Classical music. We noticed that when my DH plays the piano, the baby kicks more also.

Just wondering, does any of you continue drinking Protein shakes/ Protein drinks after the doctor removed the fluids from your band?

My baby's not shy, he's well endowed!!

The lady said his 'turtle' picture was a great shot and was going to hang it on her bulletin board for a good example of 'what to look for'.

My back pains are horrible and dibilitating, but luckily it only hit me for a few weeks early on, and then it started again about 3 weeks ago. So if they don't go away between now & delivery, at least it was only a couple months of the pregnancy. I went to the chiro today, he said my pelvis is off kilter by 2" and my tailbone is curving to the side to compensate. He is going to adjust me between now & then, hopefully that will help a bit. I hope it's not too bad during delivery. Right now as it is, there's no way I could lay on my back with legs up.

When you find out the sex, you'll have to let us know Ej!

Everything is going fine. I go in for an ultrasound tomorrow to see if we can hear/see a heartbeat. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I still seem to be losing quite a bit of weight. I have lost 15 pounds since I got pregnant. I can't seem to eat enough to keep from losing weight. I will hopefully be able to talk to the doc tomorrow and find out if she thinks I need to do something.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Kris

Hello Everyone.. I have been banded since July 08 and I am now 8wks pregnant with my 2nd.. just thought I would pop in and say hello..

I have 24 hr morning sickness.. but so far its not as bad as it was with my first. I havent tossed my Cookies yet and I am hoping that I will be over with all this nausea in another month.. this is very different from my first, I threw up for 7 months straight.. ugh..

I guess they say you can have different pregnancies..

nice to read everyones posts :)

That's true, I never had morning sickness. The US tech told me she was that way with her first--never had morning sickness, but her 2nd made up for it! She was sick the entire pregnancy.

I don't remember where I read it, and if it was true or just a theory, but it said the hormones cause the morning sickness. So if you're having a certain sex, their abundance of hormones would make you more likely to be sick.