Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday Morning Weigh in - 23rd Jan 2009

Morning all,

hope you're all having a great start to the year!

Last week: 74.8kgs (164.6lbs)

This week: 73.5kgs (161.7lbs)

Loss of 1.3kgs (2.9lbs)

Exercise: 3 X 40min rides on a stationary bike

1 X 1 hour walk

You're doing so great! Way to go.

Still sitting at 70kg, which really, is fantastic since I'm supposed to be maintaining. Nothing like seeing 60 something every now and again though!

But I've been doing so well with my circuits and more interval style running than long slow runs and I've REALLY noticed increased muscle definition and a smaller waist measurement lately. All my size 12 pants that were firm at the waist now have an inch to spare.

Jachut, think of all that muscle you're putting on! Probably why you're not under 70kg again yet, but I bet it'll be any day now. I think the day my scales say 60 something is the day I will honestly, geniunely cry.

heartfire, I hope the scales surprise you tomorrow morning, matey!

Down 1.2 pounds this week. We had some snow this week and I was not able to exercise that much this week. I find that if i am stuck in the house, head hunger and I do battle pretty often.:tt2:

Have a great week!

I know that it might sound silly...but I had no change this week and I'm actually happy about it! I went to an excellent cocktail party last weekend, and my birthday was yesterday, and I managed to not gain. I guess it helped that I talked, and talked, and talked, and talked at the cocktail party. It is a group for couples without children (by choice), so everyone was actually there with the intention of meeting new people. So fun! It was a potluck, so there were lots of temptations, but it's hard to carry on a good conversation while balancing a loaded plate and a glass of wine. I skipped the plate but the wine...well....:tt2:

Lanakila

Down 2 pounds this week.

197 to 195.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Brad

It's been a good weight-loss week for me down 4 lbs from 233.5 to 229.5. I've finally given up my evening snacking and even hit the gym at lunch time yesterday (for my first lunch time work out, ever).

The holidays were tough, and I gained 7 lbs, but I've lost that and 5 more since!

Thanks Lellow! Your good wishes must have made it to the scale's ears! LOL!! I was actually expecting a gain and I lost!

Last week: 189.1

This week: 188.7

Total Loss: -0.4

I'll take it! :tt2:

I'm a little confused by some of you who have had great losses of a lb or more and you're disappointed but "taking it anyway." Those are GREAT losses! Average is supposed to be 1-2lbs a week. So you are right there with your weekly loss. This is NOT bypass where you lose 10-20lbs a week and have most of your weight gone in 6 months.

It's really self-defeating to be speaking of a great loss like it's nothing and you feel you should have done better for yourself. You need to be positive with your losses. How many of us couldn't lose at all or very little before surgery? Or keep it off? How many of us would have started gaining at the holidays and would STILL be gaining? Probably most of us. I keep hearing how people did gain during the holidays but now they've lost that plus some since! That would never have happened before surgery!

We've GOT to stop beating ourselves up! We've got to start celebrating ourselves and our achievements, not beating our heads against the wall b/c we didn't lose as much as we wanted too. Or calling ourselves losers or lazy for only managing to get on the treadmill 2x in a week instead of 7x. I bet 2x is way more than we'd done before surgery!

We've got to stop talking down to ourselves and start talking ourselves up!

Just my opinion! :crying:

Hi Everyone! Just got back from the doctors and i'm down 5.5 pounds since my fill 11 days ago. :scared2: I can really tell the difference with this fill.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

I am down about a 1.5lbs this week. Not too bad. I had a huge loss the week before, so I expected little to none this week. Keeping up with getting in that Protein can be difficult for me, since I been working so much, but I am working on it. I know you have to eat to lose. Have a wonderful week everyone!

Down 2.3 lbs this week. Haven't been to the gym since monday and feel sluggish. After I clean the garage today (arrr! ) I will get force my self to go!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Stayed the same this week. But I am happy with that! Still have a one in front of the number and I did not gain!

WTG for those that lost weight! Keep up the good work.